The Planet Earth is squashing me.

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Intro, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Intro

Intro Guest

So I had this dream last night which has been puzzling me all day as to what it could have meant. I don't normally read too much into my dreams but I'm really curious as to what this particular one can have meant.

The dream started of with me sitting in my room looking out of my window at night. Suddenly the planet earth appeared in the sky and gradually got bigger and closer to me. I then started wondering why the Earth was visible, as i was convinced that I was living on it, so then I thought i was on a different planet. Anyway the Earth got bigger and bigger and closer and closer until it was in my room and was squashing me.

Weird right? Any thoughts?

Cheers.

p.s. just before bed I was looking out of the window admiring the moon as it was so bright and big last night, could this have something to do with it? Dream also occurred at around 5am cos i woke up straight after it.

2. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

I would say, yes, staring at the moon influenced the dream...
    Do you think the Earth squashing you might represent feeling stressed or weighed down in real life?

3. Intro

Intro Guest

I never looked at it that way, I have been going through a tough time so it might just be that. However, the feeling of being crushed by the Earth felt almost comforting and relieving.

4. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

It was probly left over immages from looking at the moon . Most dreams are from left over stuff from conscious life , and dosent mean much .

5. RainyDayHype

hm, maybe you were on a different planet in your dream then and seeing your own familiar planet felt comforting
    I'm trying to imagine a dream where earth would be squashing me...seems overwhelming

6. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

We all go out of body during deep sleep , and only remember as a dream if at all , maby you were on the moon in your astral body .

7. Intro

Intro Guest

maybe... it felt very supernatural though. I don't normally get dreams, or remember them I guess, but when I do they are weird...

8. RainyDayHype

now that I think of it, I had a dream last summer where I was flying over earth and it was a comforting dream..

9. VioletJourney

VioletJourney Member

The feeling of comfort from being squashed could also indicate a comfort you have with the stressors in your life. You could be so used to them and they could be so familiar that even though they are hurting you, they are comforting. What stressors do you have in your life that are hurting you, but that you are so used to experiencing they actually feel comforting?