the people in the pictures are staring at you

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by cerridwen, Jan 7, 2005.

1. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

Now, I'm not kidding when I say this...

I work with a woman a couple years younger than me, and she still lives at home. She's very paranoid about pictures of people, because she's convinced that they're staring at her. And she doesn't like pictures of people from when they're younger, because now they look different and for some reason this weirds her out too. It's to the point where her parents have to hide their wedding photos in their closet otherwise she won't go in their room

How paranoid is that?

2. Flyinglilypad

Flyinglilypad Member

Hm, that's not to weird. I'm okay with pictures, but I can't stand plushies/stuffed animals and dolls. They really do seem to be watching you. Also, mirrors freak me out, and not because I'm ugly. (I'm just plain, nothing special.) It's just that it's like there's a different person in the mirror watching me, and if thre is a little light in my room from the window, it'll hit the mirror and reflect and leave me paralyzed with fear that it'll bring something out of it. So I sleep with the lights on always.

And yeah, that chick is just mega paranoid.

3. Xac

Xac Visitor

why that is very paranoid in fact it's SO paranoid it is making me paranoid!

4. Xac

Xac Visitor

wow that is very paranoid in fact it's SO paranoid it is making me paranoid!

5. DR. REEFER

DR. REEFER Member

i really strated being interested in mirrors when i saw this horror movie "prince of darkness" fucked up movie, alice cooper plays a cameo. i became even more interested in them after some unbelievable experiences with them while on mushrooms.

6. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

when l was trippin once all the pictures here were spinning me out heaps..

7. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

My old boss had a painting in his living room of of his little brother (boss is 55 and pricture of brother is painted at about the age 7) The brother died a year later... I will not sit in that room by myself.. The painting really freaks me out... Id stares at me... The brother died under sad circumstanced (was sick and was never taken to the doctor or the hospital.. He could have been saved) He freaks me out....

8. Jointman69

Jointman69 High Nigga Pie

thats jsut way paranoid. scared of pictures lol

9. bsabbath

bsabbath Member

haha when i was abuot 8 i had a batman poster and i thought the eyes watched me so one day i ended up ripping it up and throwing it out i coudlnt stand it anymore

10. DejaVoo

DejaVoo stardust

haha omg u guys shut up yer makin me paranoid..

11. tokens

tokens Member

I know how that goes. Once my mom had a small glass angel sitting on the window sill in our bathroom. Gahh.. It's gone now. Let's just say that. Heh

12. Mystic Echo

Mystic Echo Member

The up side to this is; I had several photos of my boyfriend and when we hadn't seen each other in a while (live 2 hours away)I thought by bringing out his pictures he could sense or see me - it turned me on so much because I felt his energy through his pictures. What's also cool is I was the one who took the pictures of him so when he stared at the camera, he was staring at me- so, I feel it does have some of his energy and soul in it (the photos of him) I would pull them out and get so aroused he was watching me....:p

13. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

hmm..i'm paranoid for no real reason so i sleep with the lights on...

14. White Feather

White Feather Senior Member

Thanks for the laughs, guys. ILMAO right now.

The only picture which I have any connection would be the picture of my guru, Osho.

I wonder if that lady hates money - after all they all have faces on them.

15. Desapman

Desapman Banned

In case your wondering... .. there is a special technique used by painters which creates an 'optical illusion' for viewers, in which the eyes of the subject appear to be 'following you'.

This can also be done in sculptures.

Please dont ask me how hehe.. but master painters use some 'shadow' or 'light' which, at certain angles tricks the viewers eyes.

So, your not paranoid hehe.. your just viewing a talented artist.

16. lunatic

lunatic Member

plastic toys of human figurine like barbie dolls freak me out.. the smell of the plastic and the dry blonde hair.. yiak!! my little cousin always bring them out when i drop by.. help.. don't let me see them.. i'm afraid i'd kill them!

17. Colours

Colours Senior Member

im afraid of pictures as well...but only when im high. Then, it really feels like theyre staring into you. Also, when i watch a movie with like Chris Farley, i cant help thinking about how his body is decomposing and creepy, and seeing him alive and moving on screen freaks me out.

18. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

lol
    i love pictures
    i look at them all the time

and i partiuclarly love mirrors
    i cant stop myself looking at myself whenever there is a mirror in my line of sight.
    just staring right into my eyes.. i feel so connected with myself.

and i think youll find that if you look at ANY photo where the person is looking straight at you, they will look straight at you from whatever angle you view the picture.

but why do her parents want her in their bedroom? wouldnt that be a great way to get some privacy?