The Other Bolelyn Girl

Discussion in 'Books' started by honeyhannah, May 23, 2004.

1. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

Okay I'm not sure if that is the exact title, but has anyone heard of this book?
    It is about Anne's younger sister who was pushed out of the way in order to benefit her sister.

I've always been interested in this whole drama, and who isn't and especially Anne Bolelyn so hearing about this is just rad! If it's true! And really even if it isn't. The thing is I really read up a lot about Henry though it was a while ago and don't remember hearing anything of Anne's sister.

Anyway I'm broke and trying to decide which books to buy, so I didn't get it when I saw it b/c I want to know if other's have read it and what they think about it!

2. Indriel

Indriel Member

Hi,
    No, I haven't heard about this book, but am going to try & find it - watched a show on TV by the same name, about the Anne's sister & it was really good viewing, if I remember rightly Anne expected her sister to fall pregnant & give Anne the child, in order to provide Henry with an heir - she was really expected to make big sacrifices in order to ensure Anne's success. So, yeah, will definitely look out for it.

3. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

Wow! I can't believe I overlooked that! It must be my memory!

4. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Wasn't the older sister pregnant with his baby when Henry met Anne? She totally hated him for years, then when she fell in love with him, he got bored and started hating her instead. There's a book, I think, called Anne of The Thousand Days by Maxwell Anderson, which is kind of from her point of view. She gets portrayed as such an evil witch all the time....this book made me feel bad for her. :(

5. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

Yeah I read that and I am starting to remember parts of that, maybe it is my memory... geeze this is sad. I really want to get that book especially now that I'm starting to remember things about her what was her name Mary?

6. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I think so... I also read THe Autobiography Of Henry the Eighth by Margaret George... it's a novel, but it's based on fact.... it's long, but really cool. It's like reading his diary. :) I loved it. It's like two inches thick, but I finished it in like a little over a week.

7. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

Cool, Henry VIII and his wives really made me want to write something about royalty and so on, but I never got to it hmm... now that I'm back into this whole thing and definately getting that book now, I'll have to get on that!

Thanks you guys for bringing it back for me! Yay! I'm diving into the most dramatic story in history...again!

8. LoliRyder

LoliRyder Member

I know this was a long ago thread, but if honeyhannah is still interested, I read the Other Bolelyn Girl and it was really good. Phillipa Gregory is an excellent historical fiction writer.

Cheers! Happy New Year!