The old "Hippie Trail"!

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by Naco Kid, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Naco Kid

Naco Kid Member

Anyone remember or even had actually been on one of the old Hippie Trails?

2. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

3. mvmcd1950

mvmcd1950 mvmcd1950

my brother & sister did the old hippy trail in '73.. they went seperately but travelled home together. They didn't have any money but my brother was ill, so they hitched all the way home.. through pakistan, afganistan, the middle east all of it.. every evening they'd simply stand in the square of whatever little town, & it wouldn't be long before someone would say 'i think you are hungry, come with me' & they shared their evening meal. Then they'd be given a mat to sleep on..
    they were thin in india as all travellers were in those days, cheap street food, etc. no one escaped delhi belly! They were quite plumped up when they arrived home as they were so well looked after all the way, but also they thought each meal could be their last so they filled up..

4. mvmcd1950

mvmcd1950 mvmcd1950

amazingly, afganistan was the coolest place in those days. Many travellers changed plans & stayed on as it was cheap beyond belief, & the hash was the best.. what a shame it all crumbled.. (the travel, not the hash)..

5. thismoment

thismoment Member

Yeah, nobody got out without some kind of severe GI distress. Now there is bottled water and it's changed everything.

6. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

blame USA and URSS' bloody dick waving for the change :(