The Official Cooking with Marijuana Thread

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Startreken, Feb 22, 2010.

1. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

mmm marshmellow treats... the best kind... lol

2. Startreken

Startreken Marijuana Chef!

I do love rice krispy treats.

3. ram24may

ram24may Guest

Help, any ideas???

Thanks

4. Startreken

No one is going to help you "score". You did not read this thread. It's not for anything other than cooking.

5. bongwater89

bongwater89 Member

sorry to do this if someone wants to move this thread to a munchies forum, i cannot for the life of me find one and the search button isnt working for me.

i started off with a package of noodle shells, and pasta garlic powder
    its pretty simple. put water, milk, butter or margarine, lemon salt, garlic powder and diced onions in a sauce pan.
    bring to a boil.
    meanwhile, put butter lemon salt and more diced onions into a pan and let butter heat. keep this pan on low heat. then, take 3 or 4 slices of thin deli ham and tear into small pieces, and place on pan. just let them heat for a couple minutes, flip them over, and put aside.

once pasta is done, usually 11 minutes, pour into a bowl and top with turkey

enjoy!

6. Startreken

No, not a marijuana recipe but comfort food makes us feel good when stoned.

7. Startreken

I brought this from another thread with a little edit and put it here to go with the cooking thread.

Vegetable Oil fats are from the plant lipids and are not "fat solids" specifically,or the ones we really want. The best way to determine the Saturated fat content of a product we are looking for is if it will stay hard at room temprature. Vegetable oil which is the lowest of the fat contents usually comes from a combination of corn, safflower, sunflower and other such plants are low in Saturated or Monounsaturated fats that we needs such as from nuts. The Macadamia Nut is the best of those. A minor exception to this rule is Margarine or vegetable shortning those have been hydrogenated and as such will stay solid at room temprature but still do not contain the fat we are looking to use when getting the best from our marijuana. However, fat solds from animal fat are best because they really love the chemicals in weed. Hell, I have been tempted to try and see what bacon grease will do with weed. I am willing to bet that if I brought the bacon grease up to temprature with some kind bud it would be awsome. I may need to do this and bake it into some Iron Pan Corn Bread. Hummmm Bacon. I digress. There are onther things like looking at the smoke point of the oil. Oils with a lower smoke point will have a higher concentration of fat solids then something like vegetable oil that tends to be clear and will not even turn solid in a refrigerator.

8. Stimulantz13

Stimulantz13 Member

I have two questions:

1.) If I use extra virgin oil oil instead of butter does less THC adhere to the oil because it has much less saturated fat?

2.) If I cook with an ounce of ganja and make 5 dozen cookies, would one or two do well in getting you high? And if you could post a cookie recipe that'd be sick!

P.S: Using mid quality.

9. luckypunk

luckypunk Member

This has probaly been posted bfore but heres howto make a firecracker, by far the easiest edible to make

* Note the part about nuking it before and after baking is optional, i just do it to preheat the weed and dissolve any last bit of thc that still may be there after baking. Ive done it with and without the nuking with same batch and dosage of weed and find it comes on a little stronger if microwaved.

1) Gather materials, you need some
    * Finely ground weed (atleast 1/2g, probaly shouldnt use more then 1g)
    * Peanut butter high in fat or nutella, if you dont have high fat peanut butter do what i did and mix it with some vegetable oil
    * Any kind of cracker, i used saltines.
    * Tinfoil/Alminum foil
    * Oven, Microwave

2) Preheat oven to 325*f, no more no less.
    3) Spread peanut butter on both crackers, sprinkle weed onto both. Squish together
    4) Put into microwave for 10 seconds, take out
    5) Wrap foil around the firecracker, be sure its not some half assed loose wrap, but be careful not to break the cracker. Put on baking sheet and put into oven for 20 minutes
    6) Take it out once timer goes off, take out of foil and nuke it for 10 more seconds.
    7) Let it cool, eat.

10. Stonerstan

Stonerstan Member

Magic rice crispy treats.... HOLY Crap man thats like a ...a dream come true!
    thank you for posting this info im gonna go make me some right now!

11. donkitrk99

donkitrk99 Guest

Hi
    I have made brownies lots of times mostly with stems and bud but I am trying to make some with leaves for the first time just now. Almost all of the oil that the recipe called for has been absorbed by the leaves in the pan - how can I best extract it? Just leave it in the sifter for a long while? Just try to press it out in the sifter with the back of the spoon? Any less obvious/more effective strategies you can reccomend?

2 people like this.
  12. Ganjabeliever

Ganjabeliever Advanced Knowledge

Has anybody seen the youtube video about THC sugar. It involves dissovling the sugar in green dragon, then putting the slurry in the oven on low to evaporate the ethanol. So all you got is THC laden sugar. Can't wait to try this.

13. rightsofdeath

rightsofdeath Guest

just out of sheer curiosity is there any reviews on this given recipe for canabutter, or the quality of the recipe startreken? first time i will attempt to make butter of this sort trying to find the best and most potent recipe and if you or anyone else could give me any advice which will aid me in my endeavor

14. AwfulDin

AwfulDin Guest

1 Hefty bag full of last years trim, no cooking experience at all. Is there a way to
    make some oil or something, anything,.. on a mass scale? 1-2 ounces of material at a time is gonna take forever!
    :beatdeadhorse5:

15. Dreadlock Girl

Dreadlock Girl Guest

16. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I almost lost my mind hunting for the firecracker recipie, and am posting so that I can go back and find this post #89...looks simple & doesn't take a lot of product. If it has been posted before, thanks so much for the repetition. :D

17. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

18. Lyra_lore

Lyra_lore Guest

The last brownies i made came back up. Someone said it was cause i didn't strain it?
    anyone know. Haven't wanted one since.