The Next Step

Discussion in 'Back to the Garden' started by Yogi Bhairava, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Yogi Bhairava

Yogi Bhairava Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

As anyone in the "Know" about the old Haight Ashbury, around mid '67 the word was going around that it was time for the "next step", that next step referring to the next phase , leap, or jaunt into higher consciousness that LSD had brought us all up to. This was a widely discussed and openly considered hurdle by alot of the freaks I knew. Before you knew it, speed and narcotics had stolen the day, everybody had fragmented into splinter groups headed for New Mexico or the California country, and the Haight moved into a perpetual downward slide until it was gone for good.
    My freak days continued with alot of heavy Karma, alot of it not so groovy. But I finally came full cirlce and today I am relishing in the glory of genuine Samadhi from ten years of Yoga Sadhana, self taught, no dogmatic teachers or the like, just pure Siva grace. As I look back on the old Haight, and the young Hippies of today that have so many questions but no concrete answers, coupled with a government like the Bush administration, I clearly see that it is time for hippie to finally take the "next step" with a genuine and permanant consciousness leap that is not illegal, is permanent, and gives one embodied immortalityas you live from day to day. That next step my friend is a full blown Tantric Yoga Sadhana that if practiced for an hour and a half a day will definitely over the weeks and months result in Divine awareness and bliss.I know that there are alot of semi meditator's and yoga posture doers out there but this is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a Sadhana done and discussed in masse that gets the same masse results, consciousness, and brotherhood that the Acid did. This time it would be permanent and not something the man can steal. Think about it.The time is now, and guess what brothers and sisters, we might just save the planet too. Peace, Love, and Om Namah Sivaya. Yogi Bhairava

2. drummer

drummer Member

well...i agree with you...but the young has control of the revolution and or the next step...and young "hippies" like myself..they dont realy care...they dont know the greatness of awareness..there scared of acid....but acid has realy open up my eyes...
    you are right . IT is time permanent thing that man can steal....have you ever read be here now it's an amazeing book:)
    much love

-

3. Yogi Bhairava

Namaste Drummer Girl,
    I appreciate your comeback. To say that the revolution is up to the young is really a mis-nomer dear. We are all only embodied beings with the consciousness of the divine self moving through us under the illusion of our individual personalities.It is all up to the karma that is driving our search for realization, and our theme of free will is basically an illusion due to this.We as God under the spell of individuality think that we can go to God when we so choose, but our karma must be one of longing for return. As far as the acid goes, we found out along time ago that it must be taken under the right circumstances and with the right mind set in order for it produce really lasting and productive divine states. Two factors here:One, the acid of today is weak and alot has to be taken to produce the trip of yesteryear. Two, if people are afraid to trip they are basically afraid to return to God, this would be a latent karmic fear of course, not one necessarily in their thinking head.In a nutshell this all spells out that these youth are mostly not humans ready for divine realization like we as youth in the 66'67 haight were. But, there are people out there who are ready, such as yourself, which brings us to the actual import of the "next step"theme, which is learning and practicing an actual Tantric Yoga Sadhana, similar to what was described in "Be Here Now".Yes I am familar with the book, have used it as a yoga text and given dozens away, and have my own book being published as we speak directly patterned like Be Here Now, with my book dedicated to Ram Dass. Anyway, the next step begins with each of us individually, since we now don't have the mass unity, physically or karmic like we did in the sixties. This Sadhana thing is easy to do and practice, and begins your journey to a living experience of God realization that is fantastic and real. Are you ready? Let me know if I can be of any help. Where is Idaho City? Yogi Bhairava

4. HippyChick1960s

HippyChick1960s Member

I'd say ------ we aint dead yet!

I'd also say ------ we're gonna be soon. LOL The youngin's need to get a better understanding and pitch in.

5. Yogi Bhairava

Hippy Chick, The problem is that the youngin's don't really want to know what the really deeper world and mind changing implications of original hippie really was. My quest over many years has brought to seek out God through the awakening of the Kundalini, which is basically nothing but Yoga proficiency. I would not have sought out the Devi as the Kundalini if it weren't for my old acid use. And the acid only takes you so far, and we're running out of time. The old days were unified because of the tripping, but the next step is long overdue and it is beyond the LSD.The way to return to the "Garden", the Garden of the mind of God, is to return to That Garden, that God, by the ancient way HE/She arranged. "Tantra". Peace, Love, and Consciousness, Y.B.

6. HippyChick1960s

HippyChick1960s Member

Hey there Yogi,

Yup, i'd have to agree, lots of the youngin's dont really want to 'get it.' Many think it was only rock and roll drugs and sex. That was there yup. Other things were there too, like raising of consciousness, caring for yer brother or sister, concern for the earth planet, natural healing was darn near born then. The path of yoga became opened up to the west. For some acid use may have helped, for others they got it either way. i've got to hope tho that some youngins out there do catch on, and i think this is so, though am quick to admit, its not like the masses of our generation when we were young.

7. HippyChick1960s

HippyChick1960s Member

oh yeah and wanna add, imho, i think we were united back then due to a collective consciousness. It created a type of unity and it was a contagious collective consciousness at that. Got killed when the govt intervened, imho it was them mostly.

8. dollydagger

dollydagger Needle to the Groove

my generation is one of waste and materialism....granted, there are a lot of exceptions to the statement, but i dont feel a "collective conciousness".....i dont feel an undercurrent.....maybe what I meant to say is we are a generation of inactivity....all talk, little to no action.

this saddens me deeply.....................

9. Arcanu Diabolus

Arcanu Diabolus Member

This generation is weak and futile as well as all of the past generations that came before. Did teh Spartans have any problems with their life sytles? NO. The Greeks wer wonderfully happy people and the only gay relationships they had was with children. So taking into consideration that every past generation was better in every way, how much do you truly think the future has in store for a lazy ass good for nothing community of washed up assholes? Think about it.

10. Yogi Bhairava

Namaste, Listen up ya'll(yeah, I'm southern),
    First of all, it isn't about us humans. One of the primary realizations that you experience when the Devi gets into Sahasrara Cakra is that we all "are that collective consciousness" that has become refracted into all of our little personalities and therefore egos. To you Hippie Chick, that collective consciousness hasn't gone anywhere baby, it is manifesting your experience of reality right now. The differenece is that you are not tapping into it through the acid like we all were back in 66'/67'. But it hasn't left, you just drifted down back into the finite consciousness of the lower Cakras, as did most people. The answer to all of this is of course to return to that collective consciousness, what is the mind of God, what I also call the Garden of God. How do you do this? You must reverse the mechanism responsible for your present state of consciousness which is the Kundalini, and allow Her to return home back to the source divine consciousness, Paramatama, Paramashiva, the Mind of Christ, whatever you want to call it. This is the next step, and it is not as near as difficult, time consuming as one would think. To move into and begin experiencing divine states from a properly constructed Yoga Sadhana takes as little as weeks and months.Then, two things begin:eek:ne, you start to live as a daily experience the fantastic energies and bliss that was the old acid culture of the haight and elsewhere, and two, you become immortalized as a living being here on earth, as a Jivanmukta, a living liberated being. Sounds far fetched and awful high fallooten, guesss what, it is real. I live it and it belongs to all of you freaks out there. As an added bonus, it is not illegal, is permanant, and most of all, "it is the next step" Y.B.

11. Yogi Bhairava

To Dolly Dagger, you want action brother, get a Tanric Yoga Sadhana going, and awaken your Kundalini Devi. Always remember this everybody, if you want to fix the world(and it wants fixin) fix yourself. Y.B.

12. dollydagger

dollydagger Needle to the Groove

I'm working on it!!!!.......(BTW, im a sister, and Im from the south too!)

sometimes, i just dont know where to begin.....

13. Freewheelin Franklin

Freewheelin Franklin Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I think you've stolen one to many pic-a-nick baskets.

14. Yogi Bhairava

Yep, sure have brother, one filled with a bunch of divine Prana, dig ?

15. Freewheelin Franklin

Sorry, but organized religion is a whole bunch of caterpillar crap. Sprinkle that on your divine prawns.

16. Yogi Bhairava

Dig Mr Freewheelin Franklin,
    I hate to break the news to you brother but when you move into the spiritual arena of the Tantric approach to spiritual awakening, you move completely away from any form of organized religion. Organized religion is about dogma, restraints and non-consciousness. Authentic divine awakening is about the freedom of experiencing a consciousness beyond who and what you think you are, and is a heck of alot more valid as a living experience than our experience of life as an individual person in this world. Now, you can say that spiritual awakening or consciousness or whatever is a bunch of crap, that is your right. But the genuine pursuit and experience of that divine consciousness through awakening the Kundalini is very real, just as all of the divine experiences the hippies had on acid in the Haight-Ashbury was real, not to mention is also why we're having this conversation. To pursue and experience your ultimate nature as a conscious state of your God Self is way way beyond religion, organized and otherwise. If you were to experience this as a conscious state, I assure you my man, you would realize what consciousness is, and what religion is not.And I will tell you something else. I agree with you about organized religion, and for people as a nation like ours that cling to the literal interpretation of various scriptual texts like the Bible and so forth causes much sorrow and degradation of consciousness. But what I'm talking about approaching and experiencing as a very fantastic state of being is freeing and outside the realms of religion. True Yoga as I live and experience it is totally non-relegious, non-dogmatic, and non-personal. We as individuals do not exist as a conscious state, so there is nobody in there to believe anything. Y.B.

17. Freewheelin Franklin

Just drop some acid. You'll get the same effects.

18. Yogi Bhairava

Hey Franklin, well actually brother, it was a whole lot of acid that brought me to the juncture whereas if I wanted to experience the divine states I was moving through on the acid, as a permanent reality. I would have to deal with other systems. Thats why we're in the topic of "the next step", this was the same thing that the freak culture, Tim Leary, Richard Alpert, and a whole host of other brothers and sisters had come to in the sixties. Trust me my friend, I have done my acid homework. Alot of acid homework, alot alot alot of Good Owlsley acid, and Good brotherhood of Eternal Love acid. The thing is man, whats happening here is consciousness, there is a mass consciousness that is animating life, animating you and me, is pervading all reality, and this consciousness was reaching back to itself through the entire LSD culture of the sixties. As a matter of fact, this consciousness has brought evolved life as us humans to the point where we are, just so that it can re-realize itself. This consciousness is God. Once you have realized or understood what I am talking about through whatever spiritual trip you are on, be it psychedelic, church, desert realization, you come to a juncture to desire to experience it as a permanent living state, at least I did. In order to do this, you must undo the mechanism that is creating the normal state of mind. LSD only does this temporarily, no matter what the dose or how many times you trip. Only awakening the Kundalini through Yoga will. Now, you can trip and do what you wish. I have run off and left my beloved LSD way behind.Y.B. P.S.And the state you get from the Kundalini is not illegal(ever been in prison for drugs, I have) and is permanent.

19. Yogi Bhairava

To Miss Dagger, My apologies for the gender mishap Mam. As you may have noticed all of my responses have centered around the same theme, which is this Yoga Sadhana issue. The reason for this is because for a variety of reasons that I've actually just published a book about, in October of 1996, I decided to teach myself Kundalini Yoga from some rare books. Unbeknownst to me I set myself up for an unbelievable quest into the nature of God and reality. But basically, all I was really doing was just following the basic Hatha Yoga method and tradition that seeks God realization as its goal. We talk of fixing ourselves, or fixing the world. Technically, there is no such thing, Yes, as we see the world and all of the freaking crap going on in it, alot of which is set into motion by power structures and big money, we see things that produce suffering and should not be. Alot of suffering is seemingly nature imposed, and hard to accept as a normal thing. So, with all of this said, what are we to do? Well my dear, Ill tell you. We are to do what God wants us to do, whereby giving us the freedom and divine capacity to affect all of the Bullshit we see as what we think is normal life. And what is that? Awaken ourselves through the method handed down by God in and as the Tantric Yoga tradition, and become the Divine beings we potentially already are. This is what I meant by "fixing yourself". And you don't have to run off to India or go the the Himalayas to do it. You can start and do the whole thing as a day to day living program in your own home.And just as I told Mr Franklin in another reply, this is not religion, it frees you from the bounds of all religions.I am currently teaching several hippies and even some teachers from the local college this stuff. But it is not done in a big yoga class, you do it in your own home in front of an altar you set up yourself. In your picture of the seashore, you described the sea as what you consider as God. Thats right, actual physical reality is God. All reality, everywhere, is God. There is nothing that is not God. We are a dream in the mind of God. Reversing this dream and retracing it to its source is the goal of Yoga. When you retrace this divine dream of the finite self back to the God, you, the dreamed, wakes up from the dream as the dreamer, who is God. And when this is done, you have fixed yourself, and we can fix the world. Love and Flowers, Yogin Bhairava QUOTE=Yogi Bhairava]To Dolly Dagger, you want action brother, get a Tanric Yoga Sadhana going, and awaken your Kundalini Devi. Always remember this everybody, if you want to fix the world(and it wants fixin) fix yourself. Y.B.[/QUOTE]

20. Freewheelin Franklin

Yogi Bearava fried his brain on acid? I'm shocked, SHOCKED! I tell you...