The NEW North Carolina Peeps thread

Discussion in 'North and South Carolina' started by GreenButterflyDaisy, Jun 17, 2005.

1. GreenButterflyDaisy

GreenButterflyDaisy Desi

HI to everyone in NC...where do you live...do you like it there? How long have you been here? all that fun stuff

I just wonder who all live in NC...it seems like quite a few actually but I just wonder how many more have come to the site since the first thread...

(There was a thread on here form last summer looking for everyone in North Carolina Well here is a new one)

I Especially want to get to know all of yall because it's summer and I am bored lol...so I am hoping maybe some of us can get together and hang out sometime...not to mention I am planning to move to Boone in the fall (to go to ASU) so I wanna know all about it...

2. GreenButterflyDaisy

GreenButterflyDaisy Desi

Oh yeah...I forgot
    I live in Walkertown...about 5 to 10min outside of Winston-Salem on one side and about the same from Kernersville on the other...
    I used to hate it here but I am getting to like it a little bit more...It isnt as bad as I used to think
    And I have lived in NC my whole life but lived in Walkertown since I was 3.
    So what about the rest of you?

3. Happy_Hairy_Hippie

Happy_Hairy_Hippie Member

[​IMG]

Hey! I live in Asheville and am a native as well. I love the mtns and don't want to leave, ever! This is me and my daughter at her wedding earlier this year. Had all sorts of experiences...cause I'm OLD! LMAO.

4. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I lived in North Carolina for awhile and used to go on fishing trips around carteret, hatteras, wilmington, and ocracoke every month or two for the weekend. NC is one of the few places I really feel home in. I live in Virginia and can't stand this place. Too many crazy fanatical military people... plus it's a commonwealth.

5. GreenButterflyDaisy

GreenButterflyDaisy Desi

What part did you live in?

6. Shotgun Willie

Shotgun Willie Member

Hi, I live in Madison, not far from Walkertown. I have lived in NC all of my life. NC is a wonderful state. I've been all over the United States and Canada and there is no place I like better than North Carolina. We are fourtunate to live here.

7. GreenButterflyDaisy

GreenButterflyDaisy Desi

awesome....I am amazed to find someone here who has heard of walkertown lol

8. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

I'm a tarheel too :p Moved to Nags Head about 4 1/2 yrs ago from Hatteras.
    My family has been on Hatteras since the late 1600's. I've lived other places
    but couldn't stay away. Missed my family to much. Really like this thread :p
    Hippietoad

9. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

Heh heh, I live up here in lil' ole Banner Elk. 'S tha old Floridian destination for the HighCountry. Lived here for about 9 years, now.

10. Shotgun Willie

Shotgun Willie Member

Yes, I pass through Walkertown when I'm going to Winston-Salem. I usually stop and buy gas at the Sheetz in Walkertown.

11. GreenButterflyDaisy

GreenButterflyDaisy Desi

ooh I love sheetz! the gas is cheap and the salads and smoothioes are great lol

12. Shotgun Willie

Shotgun Willie Member

Yeah, I love the subs at Sheetz too.

13. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I lived around Alamance/Graham with my grandmother for a year or two while my parents moved to VA from Alaska and needed some time to get things settled here. We also had a vacation place on the coast. It got torn up in Hurricane Isabel. I haven't been back to the coast in a couple years, though I've passed through NC a few times and been back to the Greensboro area for concerts and moving stuff for family. I'll always feel more at home in NC.

14. GoogleIsMyGod

GoogleIsMyGod Member

Dude...hola to all the cool NC people here. I'm from NC too, Chapel Hill to be exact. NC is cool...I suppose...yeah...

15. localhippy

localhippy Senior Member

I live in NC, just moved back to Jacksonville (right by the beach)

peace

16. GoogleIsMyGod

GoogleIsMyGod Member

my mother is from jacksonville. never been there myself. I used to live close-ish to the beach...about a half-hour away

17. localhippy

localhippy Senior Member

where do you live now?

18. flmkpr

flmkpr Senior Member

well im actualy from newengland and live in tennesee but work and play in nc. hey freaky joe man ive probably painted half the houses in sevindevils. weehaa

19. sisters_soul

sisters_soul Member

heyyyy....i'm from Dunn, NC...and I went to AppState for 2.5 years....loved it but got into some trouble so i had to move back home...i actually live between Fayetteville and Sanford now...my parents built a house this way last year..so we moved...but you'll like AppState....Boone is so awesome :)...you'll LOVE it!

20. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

i'm in NC. it sucks. :D yeah.