The Naturalhi way grow journal

Discussion in 'Grow Room Pix and Journals' started by Naturalhi, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

To tell the truth, BB I turned my mind to growing for my mate and me, about 3 years ago!

Having physical limitations, I'm creating a garden that doesn't hurt to work in.

Amazing, what information one may find on the this and other sites, after learning the basics I am able turn my DIY mind to creating inexpensive and sometimes inventive reproductions of parts and systems, and hopefully show that gardening doesn't have to be an exact science;>D

2. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Hey it is all good my man!

I did the opposite for mine, well until the current legal ramifications change. :)

It is just great to see the different methods and construction techniques used. Some friends still tinker and it allows for trying out different methods.

Thanks again for sharing - I love bud shots but the hardware and applications gets the ole blood going!

Best to you and your mate!
    Bill

3. Naturalhi

"I love bud shots but the hardware and applications gets the ole blood going!"

Me too! Maybe I was born with a green thumb on one hand and a mechanical thumb on the other one!>D))

4. Naturalhi

Veg Room;

[​IMG][​IMG]

They seem to love the CFL's I added!

The flower room; had a couple of plants harvested!

[​IMG][​IMG]

OK Temp before you say it yes I did harvest the whole plant; the reason was that I had trimmed all the sucker limbs(the ones that make popcorn buds) for the purpose of throwing all their energy into the colas!>O

5. temp303

temp303 ragtag seed sower

lol well i wont say anything then sept nice lookin plants! :p i cant help it natural if i dont kno i2 ask as i think that how ever much u kno bout something there is always room 2 learn a little more :)

6. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Very nice my man!!!

Looks like very happy girls!

What strain are they and how many weeks did they take for flowering?

:D

7. Naturalhi

Temp; I was teasing you, after we talked about "No Bud Before It's Time" I went and took the whole plant!>D

But the plants were reduced to just top colas so the saying still applies.

BB, They're both Orange Crush, I don't keep records of how long they take to mature.

They take longer than normal due to the climate they live in, guess I should add this to the thread,>)

8. Naturalhi

These pics represent a couple of points that have been discussed on this thread recently.

The first; shows how I've taken buds as they mature, as one can see this one is next to the wall so the front buds matured before the back ones:>)

And both show how they look after sucker limbs removed!>)

By the by all of these are now in the humador drying!>P

9. temp303

lol well as u were only teaseing natural ill let u off this time cheeky primate :p

10. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Very nice - I am on my way! :D

For the curious - see how the lower limbs are trimmed off - that maximizes the energy into the upper branches, great for air flow and just nice and tidy!

Looks like we have to wait a week or so for the "toke report" :)

-B

11. Naturalhi

Not at all! Hasn't anyone introduced you to Food Dehydrators?>D

Well let me introduce you to my warm hearted friend, They sell 'em on TV touting, dried fruits 'n' veggies, I just found another veggie to preserve, depending on how big the bud is could take from 3-8 hours. Run it with both vents wide open.

Use that only for sampling though; drying takes about a week, but curing takes 2 weeks also..........stay tuned<!>b......

12. Naturalhi

Well, I think I finally got it right, at least righter than ever before!

If the prelims are any indication, just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in, yeah, yeah oh yeah!!!!! As sung by Kennyrogers and the first Edition.

13. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Hee heee are your eyes matching your hair yet? Excellent Nat! How are the wee clones going? Any roots?

On a positive note my lettuce seeds (butternut) sprouted yesterday, still waiting for the tomatos and onions!

Good vibes headed at ya!
    Bill

14. temp303

hey there natural hows life in the garden goin?? im thinking 4 my next grow about useing a atomated watering system im gonna try n bodge one 2gether so was wondering if i could pick ur brain wen i start :) green thumbs o hairy one!

15. Naturalhi

BB, Missed yer reply somehow, Family visiting and flower room bed redesign in final stages. Yes my eyes are red, after about 2 tokes the pain just goes away!>}

Temp, no prob. anytime ya have a Q just ask=>P

16. temp303

well i was wondering did u make ur watering system or did u buy 1 i was thinking of makeing one from a fish tank pump and useing a timer but i recon it would need loadsa fiddleing 2 get it right wot u think?

17. Naturalhi

I don't have much money, so I have invent ways to save what I do have.

depending on the number of plants even a small 60-200GPH will work, if you want the water to spray 900GPH+ will be required.

As for a timer; for soil, you'll need to find one that is capable of watering every 3-4 days as opposed to the cheap ones that are usually 24hour timers. the 24hr. timers are used for hydro. because hydro needs to replenish fluids at least once a day, more if one uses hydroton (clay balls).

Right now I'm using an former washing machine pump, $10.00 used from an appliance repair shop. Had to install a 1 1/4" drain in the bottom of res in order to use it.