The Music in the future

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Libbygrable87, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Libbygrable87

Libbygrable87 Members

I just came to a sad thought and its music is dying. Everyone knows its going to happen and no one seems to want to stop it. All the good artists are dying and with it so is the music. I have heard it is what it is but I think people have just gotten lazy. Maybe we need to be harder tough love. We live in an area where you give kids an award for showing up and maybe thats true for the music industry. If you not a good singer then you need to find a new career not just a voice over and a record. Also don't hire musicians because they look good and are not good at music. Looks should not matter what you listen to the music does. I hate people bullying Jewel for her teeth instead talking about her music.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

There's still good music being made though so I'm not aware of when this is going to happen.

The digital age diminshed the sphere of rock stars but still I enjoy alot of music out there.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

music's no worse now, just the music that the music industry shoves down our throats is worse. but with the internet and such, there's actually more opportunities for good music to get made and heard, if you're willing to put in the work to find it.

Libbygrable87 likes this.
  4. Libbygrable87

Libbygrable87 Members

I am trying but where?

5. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

The people who make these claims usually just like bad music.

Half kidding : )

But as I said in a previous thread, we shouldn't have to dig for quality, and if quality isn't in the mainstream, there is going to be less and less of it.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I always wonder about the state of music too. It seems easier for folks to make a remake or use somebody else's music to fill their own songs. Even with aspiring young garage bands, I mean at some point people are going to run out of ideas right? There can only be a finite about of riffs and chords before it all sounds similar and that's where I am now. I can listen a new band and I know the sequence of music. It's boring now. The death metal I listened to is just so boring and carbon copy sounding.

So I moved to country now a lot. Seems a lot real to me, with real emotion and real feeling. Genuine even. But only raw country where the guys don't even have a good voice. Non commercial country. Story telling.

Its also a bit more positive and uplifting whereas can I really confine myself to metal anymore? Throw myself into a realm of decayed thoughts?

7. Libbygrable87

Libbygrable87 Members

Country is getting Pop I love indie rock and techno

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

music is not dying.. only teh way you receive it is..

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, my ears aren't the best. of course, it's probably loud music that's largely to blame.

Libbygrable87 and Orison like this.
  10. I barely listen to music at all anymore, except the mainstream crap they play on the radio at work. I haven't heard a new song that I actually like in years.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

That's why I listen to the raw stuff without good clean vocals. Just a dude belting out his emotions means more to me than having a polished sounding voice and singing something commercial. They're pioneers in my mind, for people like me.

12. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I predict that in the future music will consist of completely atonal, er, 'noises', bereft of any harmony or melody, and the words will all be obscene.

Libbygrable87 and Driftrue like this.
  13. I think our generation of musicians is going to be more interesting to future generations. There is just so much music. I think if everyone in the seventeenth century could have made music, it would be interesting to dig through it all. I think the same holds true for the modern era. I'm not interested in it now, but if it were a hundred years from now and we were all dead and had left behind all of this music, it would be pretty fun. You'd likely just go searching for oddball songs and what not. Maybe there will be whole radio shows dedicated to these quirky songs 21st century man made. For us, though, trying to support an artist is like an exercise in futility.

14. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Pearl Jam's most recent album, Lightning Bolt is proof to me that good music with good lyrics can still be made.. It'd just be nice to hear it from a new band in their 20s.

"Infallible" is very relevant to everything going on in our world.

But not everyone likes their thing, so.. Yeah, I understand that.

15. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Wouldn’t it be nice if “Imagine” became the anthem of this planet a everyone spontaneously greeted each day with it.

Driftrue likes this.
  16. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

"I know it's already been sung,
    But it can't be said enough,
    All you need is love"

granite45 and Libbygrable87 like this.
  17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't think there's going to stop being a new genre ever decade or so. and kids will love and their elders hate. until they become elders and their kids come up with the next one.
    considering how this has been going on for at least as far back as anyone has been keeping track of popular music.

innovations in what is considered classical will continue to happen too, and most people who only pay attention to popular genres will remain ignorant of them.

18. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

Rock and roll is here to stay, as Neil Young said. The Rolling Stones are in their 70s and still rocking. But it's not like it used to be.

I miss the protest songs of the 60s. Would be a great way to open eyes today.

granite45 and Libbygrable87 like this.
  19. Libbygrable87

Libbygrable87 Members

I agree jimandjan

20. As I see it, the entire ordeal of "the death of music" relates to the fact that there is so much music out there today. We're all aware that there are musicians sitting in their parents' basement putting songs out there that barely anyone will hear. And the degrees just rise until you have 'pop music." But can you really be sure you're hearing the best stuff made? Not at all. In fact, it's really doubtful that all good music is created by really great-looking or otherwise privileged people.

I think everyone would agree that the music business is a mess, even the music business. They're upset because of all the "illegal file sharing." The artists are upset because of it, too, and they're also upset with the music business itself. Then you have a huge number of people vying to become stars, who will never make it, and all of that music is tainted in a sense. Then you have actual musicians who run the gamut from poor and unrecognized to hugely popular. I'm sure it's going to take future generations to look back and make some sense of it all. What happens to music in the interim is anybody's guess, but there are still all walks of life in this world. Musicians will come along who can put the spark back into things.