The most exciting event in the history of the world.

Discussion in 'History' started by Bilby, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

When Susan Wilson first let me feel her Titties ranks pretty high
    even though it was over her coat and I was wearing gloves :unsure:

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

appolo 8. the first time anyone human got further from planet earth then low earth orbit.

3. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

The day clint eastwood was born

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i'm a poor judge of this, as i really don't understand excitement nor the attraction of it.
    as for the world, the planet, earth itself, as opposed to merely our own human species,
    well i suppose if life hadn't emerged, even if there were anything to get excited about,
    who/what would there be, to do the getting excited?
    so i guess it would have to be the end of the precambrian, the emergence of anything we would recongnize as life, on planet earth.

of course, even that, is just this earth. and a large percentage of other solar systems are likely to have planets in their own goldylocks zones.

each of these would have some kind of history of their own too.

1 person likes this.
  5. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

The first time the Wright brothers flew their plane at kittyhawk! Could you imagine looking up and seeing a machine in the air? It would have seemed miraculous.

Also I hate to be that guy but I think the first moon landing was faked. There is just too much evidence to ignore.

1 person likes this.
  6. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

How about the worlds worst event, the incorporation of MONEY into everyday lives.

7. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

You are not just "the Guy" a lot think that, just afraid to say.

8. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

Parachutes, perfected in 1919. I am sure the Pilots in WW2 were glad to have them.

9. Mattekat

Being that guy means saying the same thing all the other conspiracy theorists always say. It's a way of saying "I know someone always has to add this but...."

10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

11. Mattekat

I also think it could have been the day ww2 ended. Everyone around the world must have been ecstatic.

12. meeses

meeses Member

Everyone but the bankers that funded the war on both sides.... just a thought.

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

If we look at the actual moment in history and how the people felt at that time it seems they were at least as excited at the start of (especially) WW1 :p Of course most didn't expect it to be a terrible world war. All those excited citizens and eager soldiers (on either side) were in it for a swift and glorious victory.

14. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

unless you were a Nazi or Japanese

15. Mattekat

Ok I should have said most people around the world.

16. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

I would think most of the general soldiers ( as would most soldiers from other countries) would have been ecstatic the war ended and they SURVIVED. No Soldier likes war.

17. meeses

meeses Member

Nicely said, but did you know back then, olympics didn't only mean sports but also combat (romans/greeks). Many "warriors" not only fought naked but the winner had what he wanted sexually from his defeated opponent. All in plain view of all spectators. I wonder why it attracted a crowd....

18. meeses

meeses Member

How do you know?

19. meeses

meeses Member

What about, we wake up some morning to find out humans and this planet has been invaded and probaly has been for millions of years.
    That would be considered a major event throughout the world and would change humanity for ever. We would find out then( eventually) about what is being done in secret by governments, bankers,queen,pope,etc.

On another note, we all have our own " most exciting event" or traumatic. That's what makes us unique.

20. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Lambs to the slaughter is the phrase that comes to my mind.