the Moody Blues

Discussion in 'Music' started by BlackBillBlake, Jan 13, 2005.

1. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

One of the best English bands from the old days, in my estimation.

Esp. their earlier stuff - up to 'Seventh Sojourn'.

Among my favorite tracks are 'Gypsy' 'Ride my see-saw' 'nights in white satin'
    'land of make believe' 'legend of a mind(timothy leary'e dead).

Anyone else like them? Any fave. albums or songs?

2. Lotus Butterfly

Lotus Butterfly Member

Love, love, love the Moody Blues. I like all their albums esp. the earlier stuff as well. Also love "Legend of a Mind", "Nights in White Satin". I really like "Question" too. Shit, all of it. Days of Future Passed is a fun album as well.

3. aeshna5

aeshna5 Member

Some great tunes, love Ride my seesaw, Questions, Driftwood, Rock'n roll singer, Life is strange, Tuesday afternoon.

Go now, there only UK no.1, actually a cover of soul singer Bessie Banks original which is good.

4. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

moody blues .yeeeeeeaaaaaaaah man. cool

5. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

To Our Children's Children's Children is my favorite Moody Blues album, simply for the intensely haunting, melancholy nature of this material. It's such a rich atmosphere that is built primarily around Mike Pinder's emotional mellotron, and can be heard best of tracks like 'Out and In,' 'Candle of Life,' and 'Watching and Waiting.'

I also like Days of Future Passed; their classic sophomore effort.

Other than that, I am not a big fan of this group. They pretty much stuck to one sound and one formula throughout their entire career, and I find much of their work to be too refined and "light" for my tastes. But in terms of the richness of their music and its superbly melodic, harmonic nature, few bands can compare.

6. John221

John221 Senior Member

The Moody Blues are amazing man, I love "On the Threshold of a Dream," and "Nights in White Satin" has been one of my absolute favourite songs for years.

7. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I used to like them.I have several of vinyls. I haven't played them in years as these days they sound a bit too much like Nat King Cole who I would rather listen to.

8. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I like 'em and...
    WTF is up with your ears? They sound so different.

9. jack_helltoy

jack_helltoy Member

o_O Well, each to his or her own...

I loved listening to The Moody Blues for literally ages.. 2 weeks ago I heard a tape of them from 1977 doing a "King Biscuit Flower Hour" radio concert.
    The version of "Questions" from that show was just astounding... it was played much harder and faster than on the studio album and.

An amazing band.