The military already has plans for gun owners

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by unfocusedanakin, Feb 5, 2019.

1. I was only suggesting the potential for technology to reach into this issue. The Gun Genie was let out of the bag centuries ago, and anyone who thinks that technology can be somehow walked back by the government is deluded. Nearly everything I need to make a gun in about an hour can be had in a hardware store. It's only a matter of whether I want to shoot carpet tacks or dimes.

Serializing the projectiles for self-loaders wouldn't be difficult for a fully-engaged Nanny-state government. It would come down to cost for them. Self-loaders, while capable of molding/turning their own projectiles, will likely seek the cheaper option and just buy them. I'm the same way about pot and tomatoes. Anyone wanting to make an "illegal" bullet won't be stopped by laws. Which is exactly what hard leftists fail to grok.

And I don't propose banning anything. It's a sure way to drive black market popularity.

Sig likes this.
  2. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Fair enough. Thanks for clarifying.

3. And because of this some leftists will automatically assume you're a white supremacist Trump supporter.

What's odd is that they won't immediately assume you're a Crip or Blood member. Why IS that?

Sig likes this.
  4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Because his nick says RetiredHippie?

Just because some people could do that doesn't mean it will be done by everyone thinking of murder with a gun.
    If a bump stock can improve shooting multiple rounds in a short time you can also understand that building a semiautomatic gun at your house is not likely to rival the quality of a store bought quality gun, ready for sale to almost any lunatic or criminal with a lack of a conscience. So improving gun control by improving restriction of certain guns to certain folks (asians ...jk here! jeez :p), who check a lot of boxes on the unfit to own gun list, is still sensible and valid and doesn't equal 'technology being walked back' as a whole.

Btw I'm not always sure wether you ridicule or not, or for what reason (so i hope you can enlighten me sometimes when I ask for clarification. Thanks in advance :) )

Sometimes its worth it because getting it illegally can be a hurdle for the average joe. No hurdles, no reason to not go on with a crazy plan.

5. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

What oppressive government did you have in mind?

6. MeAgain

Everything you need to make a bomb; anti personal, car bomb, or something like good ole Timmy McVeigh's federal building bomb can be bought in about an hour in a hardware store also. Although you may need to go to Walmart for a pressure cooker.
    Doesn't mean we should make bombs legal.
    Something the anti United States government folks don't understand.

Asmodean likes this.
  7. deleted

deleted Visitor

8. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Explosives (bombs) are legal in the United States.

9. And who is suggesting that?

10. But that's the whole point of "gun control", to eliminate even the slightest possibility, even if it only saves 1, that's justification to take guns away from everybody.

11. Not really. Thanks to McVeigh scoring ammonium nitrate in that sort of quantity triggers all kinds of alarms. Even more than people loading up on sudafed to make meth. A NH4NO3-based bomb requires a shockwave initiator, a really strong one. Like dynamite or compound 4, either of which require a blasting cap.

Most of the homemade bombs we're likely to see from hardware store will be low-order explosives packed into metal or PVC pipe. To destroy a building like the one in OKC would require a truckload of that stuff, on each floor. Or just pack it tight into the elevator shaft!

12. Asmodean

You're ridiculing again I guess. But I don't see the reason. It seems an attempt to discredit anything called "gun control". Yes, you explained earlier you are also for sensible gun control. I didn't forget :) It's just what it looks like.

So there’s the option of making a gun at home. You bring this forth as a serious argument that limiting access to certain guns for certain folks is pointless because of this option.
    But I nuance that by stating that's a big hurdle to make (so its better to look into improving more sensible gun control including restricting buying/owning certain guns for certain people). You react with this...

But no, this is not what improving gun control sensibly is about, nor is the majority of people arguing for gun control arguing this.
    If it saves only a few lifes its already worthwile to invest in better gun control. I'm sure you agree. So yeah, i don't really get the reaction to my post other than you perhaps ridiculing the whole topic because of the OP?

13. MeAgain

So what? The point is any law can be circumvented, that doesn't mean we should do away with all laws.
    Just because someone can make their own gun doesn't mean we don't need laws about what kind of guns we allow or who we allow to use them.

I have three cars that can exceed any speed limit in the United States. That doesn't mean we should do away with all speed limits.

14. MeAgain

Do I really have to explain that?
    You suggested that the technology to make guns has been around for some time and that you could buy the needed supplies in a hardware store.

You are implying that anyone can make a gun so laws outlawing guns are useless.
    If you're not implying that then your post makes no sense and has no meaning as far as I can tell.

I equated that to the technology to make bombs...which has also been around for some time.
    I used the bomb example because bombs are outlawed but people still make them. That doesn't mean we should get rid of laws against making bombs.
    Does that make it clearer?

15. Sig

Sig Senior Member

You're operating from a false assumption. Again, explosives (bombs) are not "outlawed" in the United States.

16. Asmodean

His point regarding guns and gun control still stands regardless.

17. Sig

Sig Senior Member

I don't really think so. We have laws in place regarding who may or may not own/operate firearms and explosives. However, the blanket statement he was putting forward was plainly false. I don't think he was aware it was false though.

18. MeAgain

LOL.
    Do I have to spell everything out in detail?
    Gee, I didn't know that in certain circumstances, with the necessary permits, etc. explosives and explosive devices are legal.
    Even though my father used to set charges in strip mines.

But, darn I don't have license...so guess what, I can't legally set off a stick of dynamite.
    And I don't hold a license to make a fully automatic shotgun...so guess what? I'm not allowed to make one!!!

Asmodean likes this.
  19. You are trying to read minds. (It's not working)

20. Sig

Sig Senior Member

You you agree your statement, pertaining to them being "outlawed," is false?

I appreciate you're trying to argue your point. However, framing it in a deliberately false manner, isn't doing you any favors.