The military already has plans for gun owners

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by unfocusedanakin, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

That it's most leftists who assume so (instead of it likely being an overly representated and vocal minority of leftists) seems also a common assumption (or deliberately made false assertion) made by a lot of american gun owners.
    Most american left leaning people aren't even for a rigid gun ban it seems. The majority seems merely in favor of improving gun control.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

That it's most leftists who assume so (instead of it likely being an overly representated and vocal minority of leftists) seems also a common assumption (or deliberately made false assertion) made by a lot of american gun owners.
    Most american left leaning people aren't even for a rigid gun ban it seems. The majority seems merely in favor of improving gun control.

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

4. I'm all for gun control. In fact, I think ammunition-control would be a better path since guns are so easy to make. I mentioned this in a gun thread (not on HF) a few years ago and was besieged by assholes who swore I was trying to take their guns away. All I suggested was serialized ammo. So that crimes could be more easily exposed.

Nope, the far right only sees a singular purpose behind gun control; confiscation so people can be led into (FEMA) camps for exploitation and extermination. Both sides are extreme in their views, so don't be alarmed when I ridicule one or the other. It's just the way I've seen things unfold over the years. At the moment I see the left's message faltering, primarily from a lack of focus and too much emotional bullshit. The right is sitting on their haunches, watching the show.

And the KKK is still a stupid joke with no punchline. Even though the left promises that the klan is having a massive, nationwide revival.

5. Yea, but who'd be brave enough to squeeze the trigger on that jalopy? If it didn't blow up in your face, it would surely fracture your wrist.

6. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

Oh I am quite well versed in "The Slog."

7. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

The lengths people will go to come up with a meme. That is the most ludicrous thing I’ve ever seen. Meme props.

8. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

Now there is an interesting idea. Thing is how can you serialize ammo? Seems like to many variables to be workable.

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

test fire on a string platform, the same way yinz test fire any sawed off or shell mods..

10. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

This would be a good place for DOGS OF WAR.

11. There are a variety of technologies that could accomplish this. Even the structure of various metals can be altered to have the same number throughout the grain (though way beyond practical cost-wise). There's also micro-isotope doping or casting a stainless steel ID ring within the base of the slug.

As rounds move to more exotic materials, like composites and hybrids there are all kinds of microscopic ways to mark them. Lasers will likely be the immediate solution. And it will be on the bottom of the projectile, so unseen by the user. But, like my car tag is not proof that I was the one who blew through the automated tollgate, serializing will only provide another layer of evidence, not proof.

By the way, I really feel sorry for anyone who gets hit with a carbon fiber round. I've had that shit get under my skin and it required a $100 pair of precision tweezers to dig it out. Every movement in that area felt like I was being perforated in real time. Getting hit near a joint would mean zero mobility for anything below it. I wonder if they'll call it a "Semi-Lethal" round.

scratcho likes this.
  13. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

With this type of logic homemade atomic bombs would be legal.

14. I've never seen 12ga "Stubby" rounds like that either. Flare gun maybe?

15. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Ok then so why have the gun? Do you deny that a main reason is that if someone told you could not have it then you would do something about it. Do you deny militias exist? It's just a question of how you take that. Some go to militia meetings. Some hold guns in private with the same goals and intent. You own a gun so you can kill those who you feel would threaten your idea of freedom or safety and your "right" to have the gun.

Because you are. Most sane people think this when the average gun owner gets so defenvie over gun reform. Not even banning the gun but the idea that the goverment will if you let them say a clip size of 30 is not needed for deer hunting. It's not so much the actual gun ownership but the paranoia and fantasies of war that we notice,.

16. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

I’m a hunter and I target shoot, like the vast majority of gun owners.

WritersPanic likes this.
  17. It's never been about hunting at all. It's always been about the people having the capability to fend off an oppressive government. Though today it's little more than lip service. The US government is never going to allow peasants to take over just because the "leaders" are fucking up.

Sig likes this.
  18. deleted

deleted Visitor

The government is going to protect me .. Everyone is society is handing out roses and LSD.. weeeeeeeeeeee..

Nudegardner likes this.
  19. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Just out of curiosity, would you propose banning individuals from reloading their own ammunition? As it stands now, there is a plethora of cheap and easily accessible equipment/supplies that make self-loading rounds cost effective for a large amount of people.

20. Sig

Sig Senior Member

So?