The Mile High Club

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Nalencer, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

I love flying now. I get jitters from sudden drops especially on smaller planes but i realized its not different than a roller coaster ride. What was i really afraid of? Death? lol!
    gripping the seat and giving myself an ulcer wont prevent that. So i try to take the adrenaline and get off on it. I think sex on a plane would be incredible if you had space and privacy.

2. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Well it's not gonna be a cali king size bed... *L*

3. Leopold Plumtree

Leopold Plumtree Member

5280 international or US Survey feet? The first would be equal to 1609.344 m and the other would be 'bout 1609.3472 m. A 3.2 mm/0.126" difference! :p

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i remeber speculation as to a future 'zero gee club'. (i.e.; fanfare; big echo box; "sex in space").

=^^=
    .../\...

5. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

I'd love to be a member of that club!

6. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Haven't a clue about altimeter calibration/ normal operating errors so......
    ~6000 ft should cover the bases, eh? *L*

7. Leopold Plumtree

Leopold Plumtree Member

I'm not sure what they use either. Prob'ly international feet (304.8 mm by definition). I know they use nautical miles for speed, and these days the nautical mile, by international agreement, is defined as 1852 metres, which is 'bout 6076.115 feet. Used to be 6080' (usually Imperial feet), I think.