the Meta define what hippie/hippy means to you/ labels thread

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by lilyflowerr, Oct 14, 2007.

1. peacelove&music

peacelove&music Member

wow i feel exactly the same way. people just have to put people in a certain category.

and you say you feel like you know what timothy leary was talking about with the turn on tune in drop out thing i would love to hear your thoughts on that because i have a theory myself!! =] if you get a chance, my email is bizrcelebrations@aim.com i would love to be able to talk about it. =]

2. ScarletZOSO

ScarletZOSO Member

Penelope's tunnel theory! Quite brilliant.

-Scarlet

3. MokshaMedicine

MokshaMedicine Banned

I don't know.

It's a bit different now in 2010. I've changed so much. I wore jippie hewelry in high school and . But it's hard for me not to be looked at as different in some sense because I have long hair. But it's just normal for me. I have a rainbow threaded bracelet on my left arm because the color spectrum is important to me. And a couple weeks ago I bought this sweet stone called a dichroic in my favorite color from a merchant that happened to be wearing the hat of one my favorite festivals. It was refreshing talking with him.

As far as clothes I dont wear my flannels as much. Just wear like hoodies cargo pants.

My roommate and good friend is the only one who calls me a hippie still but I generally don't care to guess what they may think.

I've tripped a lot I feel like my mind has definitely expanded. In that I had less consideration of the whole hippie thing.

But it really is a subculture with like minded people (who especially listen to the same music), a lot of people seeking enlightenment and love, and stuff like that. Lots of Gratitude. But appreciation has to be found on so many levels.

4. JanisJe

JanisJe Member

Hi everybody!
    In my opinion being hippie today is very difficult. Around us there are a lot of wars, problems, concerns. But also in the 60s the world was so troubled, but hippies were more than today. Hippie is like a scream. A scream that says "Stop every war everywhere right now!" I'm only 14, I can't do much for helping this difficult world.
    Hippie is also fantastic music, psychedelic trips, tye & dye clothes and long hair, but is above all think that peace could be real.
    I am hippie, maybe you may say "you are too young for this" or "you don't understand the world because you are only a teenager" but I think I am enough smart for being hippie.

Sorry for my terrible English... :)
    Lots of love
    JanisJe

5. rhode

rhode Guest

hippies arent a person or style its a way of living and bing and your on the right path my friend

6. ☮richie☮

☮richie☮ Member

I don't think the hippy movement will happen again, well not like in the 60's. The best we could hope for is a revoloution, hopefully based on neo-hippie principals. Finally accepting ALL ways of life: As long as everyone is happy and peaceful it doesn't matter what they call themselves, chavs to emos, goths to punks, indie to player, hippie to fake hippie as long as we all respect each others belief and accept it, it'll be like a revoloution like no other

7. DiscoPhish

DiscoPhish Member

the hippy generation formed because they wanted to break away from the mold of their materialistic parents a hippy is anyone who just wants to be themselves. we learned from out hippy predecessors to respect our environment and love one another..if you hold those values you true youre a hippy at heart wether you buy tie dye or not! dont worry about what anyone else thinks

8. pshamous

pshamous Member

spreading love is most important.

9. MisterMudz

MisterMudz Member

Just stick to what you believe in, and if they think you're "fake" then who cares? You don't need to prove yourself to them, it's your life, and living it is the best way to show them who you really are. We all face judgement in our lives from our peers, once you learn to accept yourself it doesn't matter whether they do or not.

10. Javas779

Javas779 Guest

I actually don't believe in fake/poser people. The dressing part, really dress the way you want, I feel like the things that make you a hippie, or any other "type of person" is the way you act. I've know a few hippies who walk around daily in a suit and tie. The whole idea of a "Poser/Fake person" to me seems ridiculous.

11. sistercin

sistercin Guest

Hippie is a state of mind. Its not what you do or dont do.

12. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

That's what I've been told before, by old school hippies. Love the world as you love yourself, be yourself, spread happiness and joy.

I consider myself a hippy, but I guarentee you, if we met you'd disagree until you got to know me.

Love has no bounds and wears no costume.

13. dizz36

dizz36 Member

Thiss is totally sweet it made my day just to know how nice people can be:)

14. Alcie

Alcie Guest

I don't think any can decide who you are except for you. They can say all they want but only you will know who you are what makes you happy and if you are a hippie or not. Don't throw labels, labels confuse people. No one will understand you like yourself. And maybe you don't right now, but in time you will.

15. Logan 5

Fuck labels.

16. darkstar~co!

darkstar~co! Member

who gives a frack what anyone says or thinks. you know who you are and thats the only thing that matters. you shouldnt have to prove to anybody who you are. just do it, meaning, just exist and live and stop caring so much about peoples thoughts. :peace:

17. DaestE

DaestE Guest

Alright my explenation of what a Hippy is. A hippy is a person with heart, and good karma seeing as they probably see the true meaning of karma besides all of the stories people tell about them. They are life enjoyers who can see a sunset or a cloudy sky as a special treat, and love watching nature, observing and adding their own unique touch to it. Its a deeper meaning of spiritual consent, and its mostly only put away for a specific kind of people. They do not call themselves hippies these days, thats a 70's thing. But what I do noticed all hippies are the most sophisticated and careing people ive met in a long shot. Ive had Deja Vu's deeper then life itself and many times I found myself floating through void, time and space (Im not a druggie, this was before I even started weed). Its contacting the most deepest part located in your brain, and putting away life hardships as you make them easier for you and around.
    Personally ive been giving advice, careing about people n making friends for years now, some revolutionairy some hippies.
    One love to all of you.

18. DaestE

DaestE Guest

PS your the cutest little hippie lady I ever saw =]. That and I might just fully adept to your testimony. cheers to yall n hope you live your lifes good.

19. StrawberryGirl

StrawberryGirl Guest

Lilyflower....I understand how you feel. I moved to Colorado from Florida over a year ago now and have really changed my outlook on a lot of things. I've always been a nature lover and all about preserving the planet, but now that I'm around more like minded people, I feel the need to take more action than I ever did. I don't exactly consider myself a hippie but definitely feel I have the mindset, which may really be all a hippie is. The mindset to live and let live in peace and do your part to preserve the earth.

20. Logan 5

The Joy of Fishes

Chuang Tzu and Hui Tzu were crossing the Hao river by the dam.

Chuang said "See how free the fishes leap and dart, that is their happiness."

Hui replied "Since you are not a fish how do you know what makes fishes happy?"

Chuang said "Since you are not I, how can you possibly know that I do not know what makes fishes happy?"

Hui argued "If I, not being you, cannot know what you know. It follows that you not being a fish cannot know what they know."