The Mentally Ill and the NRA.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jimbee68, May 16, 2019.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I am almost afraid to ask this question. But where does the NRA stand on mentally ill people having guns?

You know, most mentally ill people are not violent. But I think a clear consensus of people (including professionals) agree they shouldn't have guns. Plus they could hurt themselves with the weapons too (which I believe is statistically more likely anyways).

As I said, I am afraid to ask. But it is still a good and pertinent question, I think.

:smile::smile::smile::smile:

2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

You might as well ask the Mafia where they stand on gun regulation. Freedom comes at the cost of vigilance, and if we start regulating weapons more than the absolute minimum standard acceptable in the third world, it will only provide an unnecessary tax burden and place unnecessary restraints on law abiding citizens. The NRA believes it should be every citizen's right to gun down the mentally ill in public if they are carrying a weapon.

In Texas, a man killed a hooker for attempting to steal $200.oo and was acquitted. Nobody asked if sanity figured into anything, and she wasn't carry any weapons. Just stealing his wallet was enough for the law to empower a killer, in the name of freedom and justice. Blow up your TV, give up any pretense of anyone's arguments meaning a damned thing. If these insane bastards keep this up, the next generation will commit patricide. Already their children have fled Fundamentalist churches en mass, while their parents are dying in record numbers from alcoholism and sheer stupidity, and the white population is collapsing along with the workaholic Japanese.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

They are very big on the second amendment. They back the 'right to bear arms' and don't typically discriminate. Their policies don't want to jostle the narrative, so probably something like "those people have the same right as you or I".

4. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

I had a friend who was abused by a native American shaman and he went crazy . One day Carlton was in
    his yard tormenting the world with a shotgun but mostly his mouth . The police just came and took the gun .

5. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

Except those times they lobbied against the use of Black armed self-defense throughout the civil rights era.

soulcompromise likes this.
  6. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

And considering a significant amount of society is "mentalliy ill", it would be pretty messed up to unilaterally ban every single person the State deems "mentally ill".

EP03 Mental Health and Gun Control

7. wooleeheron

I've gotten right in the faces of the people supposed in charge of promoting mental health in the US, and told them point blank to heal themselves. If the US had a worse record for mental health and social problems the UN would have declare a health crisis, yet these idiots insist they know what they are doing and can't hand out pills fast enough to meet the demand.

8. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Doesn't being law abiding require a willingness to accept new laws? Like a smart gun owner will accept that in a modern age of improved weapons compared to 1776 that it's reasonable to treat guns different. I'm NRA certificated. What is the main thing with guns? SAFETY. To say that I understand what a gun can do so I will take the steps I need to use it safely.

Allowing the mentality ill to have guns is the same idea as having your finger on the trigger when you look down the barrel. It's the same as pointing the gun as your friend for "fun". The NRA does not see that.

As far a taxes yeah that's a part of life to provide us useful public services. I don't see what extra tax there is on increased gun regulations. If there was some sort of insurance or gun ownership tax like we have with cars due to their dangerous nature I could see it.

9. wooleeheron

You have your laws, the NRA has theirs, and they cost a lot more than yours!