The meaning of life

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by stash napt, Oct 13, 2013.

1. kokujin

kokujin Senior Member

so was yours. except I've done LSD and not done LSD so again, you're wrong as shit. :)

I looked @ his age too but sometimes you gotta think maybe the experience of LSD is so profound/consistent,

and MAYBE he ain't a dumb kid.

C'mon people. Think outside your personal box for a change.

2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

3. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

So what does this graph tell us?
    The age that certain philosophers got a philosophical 'insight'?

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^ so it seems we ignorant ones are truly living after all :) I greatly disagree with the statement you are not truly living until you become aware of who, what and why. I experience the same feeling as you about the diversity in people and how some have the greatest lifes and wisest insights because they are not busy with these matters and ARE just living.

I think acknowledge that this is merely a good theory is thinking outside your own personal box already. After all, if you kokujin are supporting everything stashnapt said in this thread because you simply agree are YOU really thinking outside YOUR personal box then? Just wondering... :)

5. kokujin

kokujin Senior Member

I'm open to all sides, suffice it's logical. She has no experience with LSD and is passing his whiff of easily. I've experienced both sides,

and LSD trips do seem to have a consistent pattern of knowledge amongst users

it does seem to,

ah, nevermind. Yes I'm being way more objective than her, or you with your disney questions.

6. Asmodean

Insights from psych trips can be useful but I think perceiving everything on your trip as the truth is actually really deceiving. You should be open for the fact it was all a mind twist, although it can be very convincing, even afterwards.

7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

8. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

Almost every mystical opinion I'd developed or assumed over 13 years of psychedelic use has since been changed or become acclimated. Almost every opinion, to be sure. In other words, the more LSD I take, the more clearly I behold my perpetually confounded bewilderment. I've since resigned from trying to make sense out of the ontological and existential implications that are continually being reformed, because it appears to me that they function as concepts within the psyche in a similar fashion to Jung's archetypals; by this I mean that the minute you think you've developed a system through which a definition of the object may be arrived at, the object changes form and is once again lost entirely. This is in response to progress and the cultural adaptations are thoroughly repulsive, but do make for interesting study.

9. stash napt

stash napt Member

Just to clear the air with everybody my whole life meaning concept isn't just some random thought passing by a drugged 19 year old. Since the age of 13 I have studied every religious text from the Vedas to the Egyptian book of the dead, every political ideology from illuminism to democracy, every great philosopher from Plato to Allen Watts, everything form basic science to string theory. This LSD trip was not the beginning of the question, but the culmination of a lifetime of answers.

10. Asmodean

Some people appear to have reached pretty much the same conclusion without studying those religious texts. Not dissing you, but I'm just saying.

11. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Apparently for some folks the meaning of life is to get it when you can :(

[​IMG]
    Wal-Mart stores in Springhill and Mansfield, La., saw a stampede and a shelf-clearing rush Saturday after a computer glitch for food stamp recipients led to benefit cards allowing unlimited purchases.

Police were called as entire shelves were being cleared out, until the glitch was fixed and low-income residents using the cards were no longer allowed to make purchases.

"Springhill Police Chief Will Lynd confirms they were called in to help the employees at Wal-Mart because there were so many people clearing off the shelves. He says Wal-Mart was so packed, 'it was worse than any black Friday' that he's ever seen.

Lynd explained the cards weren't showing limits and they called corporate Wal-Mart, whose spokesman said to let the people use the cards anyway. From 7 to 9 p.m., people were loading up their carts, but when the cards began showing limits again around 9, one woman was detained because she rang up a bill of $700 and only had .49 on her card. She was held by police until corporate Wal-Mart said they wouldn't press charges if she left the food.

Lynd says at 9 p.m., when the cards came back online and it was announced over the loud speaker, people just left their carts full of food in the aisles and left."

No arrests were made.

12. Asmodean

I instantly am reminded again of the God bless America thread (that post would fit even better there) :D Sucks to be that one woman though :p

13. hotwater

Actually there were dozens of carts completely abandoned littering the aisles :eek:

Hotwater

14. Asmodean

Yeah but she probably saw lots of people go out of the store with lots of food and she was the only one who was detained so it seems :p

15. Asmodean

16. hotwater

17. stash napt

stash napt Member

In order to try and grasp everything yah gotta look at life from every perspective man. :) Some people may come to similar conclusions without reading them, but that wasn't my point. Some people judge to much, they see my age and the word LSD and because of their own personal experiences they don't feel comfortable putting someone else's into a different context. Not that their's anything wrong with that, people are what they are and that serves a purpose in of itself. I just hope my previous statement will give a little more context to a curious or even not so curious reader. :2thumbsup:

18. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

About as interesting to me as holding my hand over a flame and watching the flesh drip away, gristle glisten, and bone begin to char. All miserable reruns about taboo and hero worship, a cage for hardness of heart.
    We are living creature, moral or just in and by nature and nothing is more gentle or tastefully arranged than nature.

Reality of course exists regardless our conceptions of it but our experience of it emerges from conception and conceptions. I think dualism or duality either one represent a false dichotomy presented simply by the use of particular phraseology that suggests that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. However overlooked in this perspective is the fact that equal and opposite are a contradiction in terms and the more accurate equation is for every action there is an equal and complimentary reaction. This equation is perpetually redundant, from unda, (like a wave).

What we witness are the properties of matter which are absorptive, reflective, and polarity or direction of spin. Absorption and reflection are the high and low slack periods in a redundant ray or wave of creation who's polarity is a law without opposite. Further what we see are photons and all apparent contrasts are the play of light and shadow. Just as the earth turns and creates the appearance of darkness but darkness, shadow, has no substance but vaguely suggests it.

I do like the analogy that in order to behold the magnitude of the light of a single candle in the sun, you must cast a shadow and form is defined by negative space.

19. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

20. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

Thanks for this information - I guess the meaning of life I got when I dosed @ 19 was wrong- good lookin out:)