The Mars Volta

Discussion in 'Alternative and Indie Music' started by lovejanisandgrace, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Th3Bedlam1nGoliath

Th3Bedlam1nGoliath Member

listen to the bedlam in goliath their new cd,
    they're nuts!
    Seeing the 420 in Chicago with a bunch of friends, bringing an ounce and trippin on 3 hits hope to see u there

2. Hellvis

Hellvis Senior Member

I love them i have all thier cd's and listen to them about once a day, best band to come out in the last 10 years PERIOD.

3. rl9x

rl9x Member

I loved them when they first came out with De-loused, but ever since then they've kind of been going downhill I think. Frances the Mute was good for the first half (first three songs), but the second half turned into a big mess. There was little craft or restraint and it didn't have the melodies and atmospheric ambience that De-loused had.

Amputechture sounded like they were trying to get the De-loused sound back a bit (Day of the Baphomets was the best song, and that was written back during the De-loused recording period) and the result was ok. Goliath is just, I dunno, kinda weak, but at least they tried something different with a more dancy vibe. Cedric's voice has also gotten worse over time, at least on the recordings.

They put on a good live show though.

4. jumping123

jumping123 Member

I like Mars Volta and have been trying to pick up their CDs since I've put it off for so long. I liked their first EP but each record after that keeps getting better. Even if what they do isn't as appealing as their previous ones, they are still an amazing band.