The Mandela Effect: A Segue on a Segway in a Multi-verse far far away...

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by Pua Mana 'Ohana, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

This Forum is being conducted by Dr. Kerry Huaka'i Emerson of Pua Mana 'Ohana via our 'Ohana = Family profile here on The Hip Forums & does not necessarily reflect the opinions of all members of Pua Mana 'Ohana though we fully support him in his most excellent eccentricities & appriciate him Greatly representing for us.

~ Mahalo nui loa = Thank you very much ~

The Mandela Effect: A Segue on a Segway in a Multi-verse far far away...

Mandela-Effect-Knowing-Neurons.png

The Mandela Effect is perhaps one of the most difficult to debate of all present day conspiracy theories circulating the terabyte toilet that is the internet.

The premise of this confusing conspiracy theory lies in a dispute about South African President Nelson Mandela and whether or not he died in prison prior to becoming President, as some people claim to remember, or if he was released from prison in 1990, as history clearly records.

The Mandela Effects only exists due to a mindbogglingly massive number of people alive during the 1990's who claim to remember, with perfect accuracy -- that Nelson Mandela died while in prison in the 1980's!

How could an astonishingly large portion of the population believe President Nelson Mandela died in prison when video footage shows he was released in 1990 on February 11th?

Well I am glad you asked...

Collective False Memory Syndrome is a well documented phenomenon detailing how memories can be altered by outside influences.

After centuries of socializing in tribal groups human beings are hard wired to model our behavior after our parents and peers. If one monkey puts a wooly mammoth skull on as a hat -- now all the monkeys must have a wooly mammoth skull dome piece to match their pterodactyl trousers and soon flood their local prehistoric haberdashery with orders until eventually, the wooly mammoth goes extinct due to over hunting by the fashion farming industry of yestur-year.

In the same respect, when one human remembers an event with varying levels of accuracy -- other humans follow suit.

Similar to the telephone game where a word or phrase is relayed down the line until it becomes indistinguishable from the original word or phrase in question -- we once again prove the fallibility of the human memory with the trendy conspiracy theory that is The Mandela Effect.

The phrase: "who is ya daddy & what does he do" passed from person to person soon becomes: "two bad baboons with two goose tattoos".

Actually, I totally recall it was "two bad baboons with two goose tattoos" not "who is ya daddy & what does he do"...

Stories and events retold with different details & passed from person to person can change just like a time travelling inter-dimensional game of telephone.

Is that why the creators of Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure had them travel all throughout time in a phone booth?

The Mandela Effect is rapidly becoming the #1 conspiracy theory online overtaking accusations of moon landing faking & human origins via extraterrestrial meets cro-magnon love making.

This mysterious Mandela Effect is now being blamed for changed Bible verses, movie quotes & even candy bar wrappers..."oh my"...

Do you remember the "Lion lays down with the Lamb" or is it the wolf who lays down with the lamb?

Did Darth Vader break the good news to young Skywalker about the results of the paternity test from the Imperial Care Clinic with a loving "Luke...I am your Father" or relay the message with a firm fatherly "No...I am your Father"??

When you give your friend a break of your Kit Kat bar is there a hyphen on the wrapper???

s643667121527569464_p59_i1_w1202.jpeg

The Mandela Effect seems quite comical until one of your cherished childhood memories is challenged. Rather than admit there is a chance our memories could be flawed or that we sang a song wrong (and way out of key), a ever growing portion of the populace prefers to put the blame elsewhere.

C.E.R.N. is the largest hadron collider on the planet Earth (at least in this multi-verse). Quantum physics experiments performed at C.E.R.N. are very difficult to explain in laymans terms as the most advanced Quantum Physicists will tell you if you say you understand quantum mechanics -- it is a good sign you have no idea what you are talking about.

"I think I can safely say that nobody understands quantum mechanics.” ~ Richard P. Feynman (1965) The Character of Physical Law

C.E.R.N. scientists are being blamed for changes in this multi-verse due to their quantum physics experiments.

It's complicated -- but in a nutshell people believe C.E.R.N. scientists may have accidentally (or intentionally) ruptured the very fabric of the space time continuum allowing information from neighboring dimensions to cross over to ours thereby creating changes in song lyrics, Bible scriptures & even Sally Field's acceptance speech at the Academy Awards?!?

Do you remember:

"You like me -- you really like me"

Or

"You like me -- right now, you really like me"

A growing number of people are coming down with severe cases of The Mandela Effect Syndrome -- a syndrome that is as contagious as it is outrageous.

Is this analytical author immune to the mother of all communicable conspiracy theories?

Absolutely not!!

GettyImages-3407107.0.jpg

I clearly recall reading the "Bernstein Bears" & the late Great Mr. Rogers singing "It's a beautiful day in THE neighborhood".

split-berenstain-1477592262.png

That is what makes this conspiracy theory such a beauty -- there is a False Memory Syndrome moment for everyone!

The best way to debunk this magnificent multi-verse conspiracy theory is by going back to the beginning of life as we know it on the Planet Earth.

Slight differences in the spelling of children's books & Bible translations are possible only if all multi-verse roads lead to the Roman primordial soup kitchen, where all of the ingredients are intact & exact.

Were there a subtle change in the temperature, atmospheric or oceanic conditions -- life as we know it would not exist.

Ever wonder why we do not see humanoid extraterrestrial beings from neighboring planets in our solar system?

The "beautiful day in this neighborhood" that allowed life to thrive & survive here on Planet Earth is unique to the 3rd rock from the Sun.

Pluto does not have the beach front real estate available for warm blooded mammals to sun bathe into existence, Mars lacks an ocean to swim or mix primordial soup in (though some believe there was once water on Mars) & Saturn is not exactly the place you want to take the love of your life on Honeymoon, because while rings are cheaper on Saturn, the atmosphere is inhospitable to life as we know it.

B.Y.O.B. = Bring Your Own Breathing-Apparatus

Which leads us to our next point...

Segue vs Segway

Do you believe a transitional phrase like "which leads me to my next point" or my personal favorite "speaking of..." is called a segway?

Then you would be wrong...(in this particular version of the multi-verse at least)...

A transitional phrase is called a Segue!!

A segway is an annoying motorized side walk device that reveals the true character of the rider the moment they are seen careening & barreling through pedestrian foot traffic wearing a helmet for their own safety while neglecting the safety & sanity of everyone else.

Yet an astronomical amount of people today would say a segway is a transtional phrase & there are Google results to prove how wide spread this misconception is.

Which brings me to my next point...

Is there any proof that Nelson Mandela died in prison?

A quote, a death certificate or even a song lyric??

A quote taken out of context by President George W. Bush has become a center piece of this particularly juicy conspiracy theory played out of context in conspiracy theory videos on YouTube from here to Neptune.

I heard somebody say, 'Where's (Nelson) Mandela?' Well, Mandela's dead. Because Saddam killed all the Mandelas." -- President George W. Bush, on the former South African President Nelson Mandela

"Mandelas" plural.

The quote when repeated in excess by conspiracy theorists is only "Mandela's dead" -- while they conveniently leave out the following statement "Saddam killed all the Mandelas" for obvious reasons.

This is a reference to people like Nelson Mandela, not Nelson Mandela himself.

Speaking of Presidential people...

Perhaps in one multiverse potato is spelled with an e ("potatoe") and a version of Vice President Dan Quayle did not make a spelling error in that multi-verse far far away where he has a mantle full of spelling bee trophies -- a happier, simpler place where potato jokes and politics are a foreign concept.

Does any of this ridiculousness prove the existence of alternate parallel universes or does it just prove that we are all really bad at singing song lyrics correctly?!?

The most difficult part for people battling the outrageous & contagious Mandela Effect Syndrome is admitting that they could be wrong about lyrics to a song, movie quotes or the spelling of childrens books.

Admitting one is wrong is not an easy task -- especially these days when you can find convincing "evidence" supporting both sides of any argument online proving you were "right".

Some would rather create an infinite number of multi-verse dimensions that correspond with their versions of "We Are The Champions" by Queen to explain why they forgot the lyrics to a song they have sung over 94.5 million times (all the while getting the lyrics wrong every... single... time).

Speaking of "We Are The Champions" by Queen -- where in the world did the "we are the champions...of the world" part at the end of the version of the song from my-space-time-continuum or my particular multi-verse of origin go?

The confusion arises in differences found between live versions performed by Queen in concert including the iconic "We Are The Champions...of the world" & the studio recording of "We Are The Champions" that fades off into infinity after the final "We Are The Champions" chorus. Both live concert & the studio recording versions can be found online for those of you who would like to let your stress about The Mandela Effect fade off into infinity...

("We are the Champions" by Queen live version including "....of the world...")

Speaking of fading off into infinity...:kissingheart:

#MandelaEffect

#TheMandelaEffect

#MandelaEffectSyndrome
    Mandella-mural.jpg

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  2. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

It's not the Mandela Effect it's a #Remix

#NotMyMultiverse

#RemixTheMultiverse

("We Are The Champions" by Queen studio version)

"I've paid my dues
    Time after time
    I've done my sentence
    But committed no crime
    And bad mistakes
    I've made a few
    I've had my share of sand kicked in my face
    But I've come through

(And I need to go on and on, and on, and on)

We are the champions, my friends
    And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end
    We are the champions
    We are the champions
    No time for losers
    'Cause we are the champions of the world

I've taken my bows
    And my curtain calls
    You brought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it
    I thank you all

But it's been no bed of roses
    No pleasure cruise
    I consider it a challenge before the whole human race
    And I ain't gonna lose

(And I need just go on and on, and on, and on)

We are the champions
    We are the champions
    No time for losers
    'Cause we are the champions of the world

We are the champions
    We are the champions
    No time for losers
    'Cause we are the champions
    ..." ~ Queen from a multiverse far far away...

Writer/s: FREDDIE MERCURY
    Publisher: EMI Music Publishing, Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
    Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

MuralA.jpg

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

There’s already a thread below which addresses this topic “The Berenstein Bears And The Mandela Effect”

Pua Mana 'Ohana likes this.
  4. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

"It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
    A beautiful day for a neighbor.
    Would you be mine?
    Could you be mine?...

It's a neighborly day in this beauty wood,
    A neighborly day for a beauty.
    Would you be mine?
    Could you be mine?...

I've always wanted to have a neighbor just like you.
    I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So, let's make the most of this beautiful day.
    Since we're together we might as well say:
    Would you be mine?
    Could you be mine?
    Won't you be my neighbor?
    Won't you please,
    Won't you please?
    Please won't you be my neighbor
    ?" ~ Mr. Rogers from a neighborhood near you in a multiverse far far away...

6dcl20i3qucy.jpg

Won't You Be My Neighbor
    By Fred M. Rogers
    © 1967

facts-about-mister-rogers-xx-photos-19.jpg

5. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

"I heard somebody say where's Mandela?

Mandelas dead because Saddam Hussein killed all the Mandelas -- he was a brutal tyrant"
    ~ President George W. Bush

president-bush-painting-775x1100.jpg

6. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

Speaking of Conspiracy Theories...

FB_IMG_1543332301161.jpg

FB_IMG_1543332335528.jpg

"Game over man, Game over" ~ Pvt. Hudson of the United States Space Force from a multiverse far far away...:kissingheart:

:sunglasses: #GameOverMan :sunglasses:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  7. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

Screenshot_20181127-114426.png

SEGUE

se·gue
    /ˈseɡwā,ˈsā-/
    verb
    1. 1.
      (in music and film) move without interruption from one song, melody, or scene to another.
      "allowing one song to segue into the next"
    noun
    1. 1.
      an uninterrupted transition from one piece of music or film scene to another.
    Definition of segue (Entry 2 of 3) intransitive verb. 1 : to proceed without pause from one musical number or theme to another. 2 : to make a transition without interruption from one activity, topic, scene, or part to another segued smoothly into the next story...

Speaking of "segued smoothly" on a segway...

bratislava-segway.jpg

SEGWAY

Seg·way
    /ˈseɡwā/
    noun
    1. TRADEMARK
      a two-wheeled motorized personal vehicle consisting of a platform for the feet mounted above an axle and an upright post surmounted by handles.

11848621-7424610533956825.jpg

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  8. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

Mandela-Effect-The-Statue-of-Liberty-Access-to-the-Torch-750x391.jpg

There are countless "Mandela Effects" being perpetrated on the people by conspiracy theorists & fear mongering anxiety agents seeking social media "likes", "views" & dopamine feedback loop love.

Lady Liberty Herself is now being assaulted by fear folks & conspiracy cronies who must have skipped out on History & Geography class because they now claim The Statue of Liberty is suffering dimentional slip residue syndrome after a move from Ellis Island to her home on Liberty Island?!?

Patriotic-Liberty-300x450.jpg

1st off Liberty Island is where the Statue of Liberty is in every single version of the multi-verse as it makes no sense to place her on Ellis Island -- she is not The Statue of Ellis -- she is The Statue of Liberty.

European immigrants who were quarantined on Ellis Island had a epic view of The Statue of Liberty & New York City welcoming them to the land of opportunity, as can be witnessed in this classic scene from The Godfather part II:

If C.E.R.N. scientists are in fact gleefully time travelling between multi-verse dimensions changing Bible verses & Academy Award speeches as they heroically save Nelson Mandela from dieing in prison so he can go on to become the President of South Africa, all the while rewriting children's books & remixing movie quotes in their spare time travelling time -- we know one thing is certain (or C.E.R.N.tain) -- no time traveller would dare change a single second of the cinematic movie masterpiece saga that is The Godfather Trilogy -- to do so would be beyond sacrilegious.

fl3oy.jpg

Is the Staute of Liberty on:

A) Ellis Island

B) Liberty Island

C) Big Island of Hawai'i

Freedom-Nelson-Mandela-420x630.png

The Statue of Liberty is on:

B) LIBERTY ISLAND

The-New-Colossus.jpg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  9. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

The Statue of Elvis from a non-disclosed island in a multi-verse far far away...

il_570xN.1578741526_5khj.jpg

10. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

The Many Worlds of the Quantum Multi-verse brought to you by P.B.S., The Hip Forums & viewers #Like you...

11. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

Speaking of The Statue of Elvis...

A song by The Late Great (or still very much alive & well while living the dream on a tropical island in a multi-verse far far away...) Elvis Presley titled "Peace in the Valley" along with many other songs with references to "The Lion & the Lamb" are being cited as proof that Isaiah 11:6 was somehow changed to the "Wolf shall lay down with the Lamb" from the "Lion shall lay down with the Lamb"...(cue spooky X-Files music or an Elvis Presley song or something...)

"Oh well, I'm tired and so weary
    But I must go alone
    Till the Lord comes and calls
    Calls me away, oh yes
    Well the morning's so bright
    And the lamp is alight
    And the night, night is as black
    As the sea, oh yes
    There will be peace in the valley for me, some day
    There will be peace in the valley for me, oh Lord I pray
    There'll be no sadness, no sorrow
    No trouble, trouble I see
    There will be peace in the valley for me, for me
    Well the bear will be gentle
    And the wolves will be tame
    And the lion shall lay down by the lamb, oh yes
    And the beasts from the wild
    Shall be lit by a child
    And I'll be changed
    Changed from this creature that I am, oh yes
    There will be peace in the valley for me, some day
    There will be peace in the valley for me, oh Lord I pray
    There'll be no sadness, no sorrow
    No trouble, trouble I see
    There will be peace in the valley for me, for me
    ..." ~ The King of Rock & Roll: Elvis Presley from Graceland
    Songwriters: Thomas A. Dorsey
    (There'll Be) Peace In The Valley lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc, Tratore

For those of us who skipped Sunday school this can be a very convincing conspiracy theory as The Lion & The Lamb are very recognizable themes.

Why would there be a song referencing the Lion laying down with the Lamb rather than the Wolf laying down with the Lamb?

The simple answer is the Lion will lay down with the Lamb just sounds better lyrically & phonetically not to mention poetically.

The complex answer is Jesus is referred to as both The Lion of Judah & The Lamb of God in the Bible.

GotQuestions.org answers this Biblical conundrum in detail:

How should we understand the Lion and the Lamb passage?

Question: "How should we understand the Lion and the Lamb passage?"

Answer: "
    Typically, when someone is thinking of the “lion and the lamb,” Isaiah 11:6 is in mind due to it often being misquoted, “And the wolf will dwell with the lamb, and the leopard will lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together.” The true “Lion and the Lamb” passage is Revelation 5:5–6. The Lion and the Lamb both refer to Jesus Christ. He is both the conquering Lion of the tribe of Judah and the Lamb who was slain. The Lion and the Lamb are descriptions of two aspects of the nature of Christ. As the Lion of Judah, He fulfills the prophecy of Genesis 49:9 and is the Messiah who would come from the tribe of Judah. As the Lamb of God, He is the perfect and ultimate sacrifice for sin.

The scene of Revelation 4—5 is the heavenly throne room. After receiving the command to write to the seven churches in Asia Minor, John is “caught up in the spirit” to the throne room in heaven where he is to receive a series of visions that culminate in the ultimate victory of Christ at the end of the age. Revelation 4 shows us the endless praise that God receives from the angels and the 24 elders. Chapter 5 begins with John noticing that there is a scroll in the “right hand of him who was seated on the throne.” The scroll has writing on the inside and is sealed with seven seals.

After giving us a description of the scroll, an angel proclaims with a loud voice, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?” John begins to despair when no one comes forth to answer the angel’s challenge. One of the 24 elders encourages John to “weep no more,” and points out that the Lion of the tribe of Judah has come to take and open the scroll. The Lion of the tribe of Judah is obviously a reference to Christ. The image of the lion is meant to convey kingship. Jesus is worthy to receive and open the scroll because he is the King of God’s people.

Back in Genesis 49:9, when Jacob was blessing his sons, Judah is referred to as a “lion’s cub,” and in verse 10 we learn that the “scepter shall not depart from Judah.” The scepter is a symbol of lordship and power. This was a prophecy that in Israel the kingly line would be descended from Judah. That prophecy was fulfilled when David succeeded to the throne after the death of King Saul (2 Samuel). David was descended from the line of Judah, and his descendants were the kings in Israel/Judah until the time of the Babylonian captivity in 586 BC.

This imagery of kingship is further enhanced when Jesus is described as the “root of David.” This harkens us back to the words of Isaiah the prophet: “There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse, and a branch from his roots shall bear fruit. . . . In that day the root of Jesse, who shall stand as a signal for the peoples—of him shall the nations inquire, and his resting place shall be glorious” (Isaiah 11:1, 10). As the root of David, Jesus is not only being identified as a descendant of David, but also the source or “root” of David’s kingly power.

Why is Jesus worthy to open the scroll? He is worthy because He “has conquered.” We know that, when Jesus returns, He will conquer all of God’s enemies, as graphically described in Revelation 19. However, more importantly, Jesus is worthy because He has conquered sin and death at the cross. The cross was the ultimate victory of God over the forces of sin and evil. The events that occur at the return of Christ are the “mop-up” job to finish what was started at the cross. Because Jesus secured the ultimate victory at Calvary, He is worthy to receive and open the scroll, which contains the righteous judgment of God.

Christ’s victory at the cross is symbolized by his appearance as a “Lamb standing, as though it had been slain” (Revelation 5:6). Prior to the exodus from Egypt, the Israelites were commanded by God to take an unblemished lamb, slay it, and smear its blood on the doorposts of their homes (Exodus 12:1–7). The blood of the slain lamb would set apart the people of Israel from the people of Egypt when the death angel came during the night to slay the firstborn of the land. Those who had the blood of the lamb would be spared. Fast forward to the days of John the Baptist. When he sees Jesus approaching him, he declares to all present, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!” (John 1:29). Jesus is the ultimate “Passover lamb” who saves His people from eternal death.

So when Jesus is referred to as the Lion and the Lamb, we are to see Him as not only the conquering King who will slay the enemies of God at His return, but also as the sacrificial Lamb who took away the reproach of sin from His people so they may share in His ultimate victory."
    ~ GotQuestions.org

the lion shall lie down with the lamb.jpg

Isaiah 11:6, the Bible passage in question, includes a wolf, a leopard, a kid, a calf, a fatling & a Lion ("oh my") all who will be led by a little child.

Technically all of the animals lay down with the Lamb -- so it is true that both the Wolf & the Lion lay down with the Lamb.

Reading from Isaiah 11:6 to Isaiah 11:9 sheds Light on this cryptic scripture:

Isaiah 11:6-9 New International Version (NIV)
    6 The wolf will live with the lamb,together;
    and a little child will lead them.
    7 The cow will feed with the bear,
    their young will lie down together,
    and the lion will eat straw like the ox.
    8 The infant will play near the cobra’s den,
    and the young child will put its hand into the viper’s nest.
    9 They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.

Hebrew; Septuagint lion will feed

New International Version (NIV)
    Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.®Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

The exact language differs from translation to translation, though the core message remains the same.

yes-11-6-8.jpg

The Holy Bible is translated in many languages.

The Tribe of Judah who kept the Word of God in tact & in circulation for thousands of years are extremely meticulous & exact in the translation of The Good Book.

The Jewish scribes who passed on the sacred texts known as The Holy Bible are held to a strict code of conduct in regards to making changes or taking liberties with translations -- Hollywood not so much.

There are numerous songs & references to The Lion laying down with the Lamb in music, movies & media.

Does this mean The Bible is wrong or has somehow been changed by inter-dimentional time travelling tricksters?

lion_wolf_lamb.jpg

Not quite...it simply shows how entertainers take liberties when translating books into music, movies & media.

When was the last time you heard someone remark after viewing a Hollywood Blockbuster based on a book:

"The book was better"

You would have to search far & wide to find a movie buff who has not seen the motion picture Jurassic Park.

Have you read the book the movie is based on by The Late Great Michael Crichton though??

1_3cKtw9uTfwB-KKgracravA.jpeg

Jurassic Park by the Legendary Stephen Spielberg is the epitome of what a Hollywood production should be -- yet still:

"The book was better"

0a5dd1b9e6fa560f197f2e4810cf82e9.jpg

12. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

And now a "65 million years in the making" #Word up from our sponsors from da #OldSchool at #JurassicPark

13. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

And now a #Word up #Message from our sponsors "somewhere over the rainbow" in a #Multiverse far far away...

"Lions & tigers & bears...oh my" ~ Dorothy Gail from Kansas

"Pay no attention to the Mandela Effect behind the curtain..."

120279.jpg

14. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

Speaking of The Wizard of Oz & The Mandela Effect...

Of course there are people claiming the Mandela Effect had affected & infected this classic cinematic creation released in 1939 with changes that they do not remember...

1939 was a long time in a multi-verse far far away after all...

b113e815df0315cb1149c176ff94308a.jpg
    (Warning: this is not a real quote from The Wizard of Oz it is called a Meme)

One conspiracy claim is the Scarecrow now has a gun appear out of nowhere that never existed in a multi-verse far far away... another accusation of inter-dimentional multi-verse meddling is found in this quote by The Wicked Witch of The West when releasing her winged monkeys:

"Now Fly, fly, fly..."

Conspiracy Theorists claim the quote is actually:

"Fly my pretties...fly"

photo-123-759x500.jpg

When I was 1st confronted with this Mandela Effect on the yellow brick road in a multiverse far far away I remembered the Scarecrow's gun as that is a weird one & Batman does not use guns (an important lesson from my childhood) -- though I was devastated by the "fly my pretties" part.

My little Sister watched The Wizard of Oz VHS Cassette almost as many times as my Brother & I watched our old Ghostbusters VHS cassette -- I had heard this quote a zillion times -- how could this be?

The 1st indicator that human memory may just be the culprit rather than C.E.R.N. Scientists who love editing pop culture quotes in their spare space time, when they are not colliding particles & attempting understand the nature of the Universe/Multiverse, is the fact that the last time I watched the Wizard of Oz was on VHS cassette.

989a3be27890e4f1afcf5d5a8d737630.jpeg

When reviewing the rewinded VHS cassette we are reminded of another famous quote by The Wicked Witch of the West:

"I'll get you my pretty & your lil dog too"

1_8p3kf7hX1dWZ8zXQCQBp-A.jpeg

Could it be the quotes got lost in translation & combined in our minds a long time ago in a multi-verse far far away...along the yellow brick road since 1939 when The Wizard of Oz was released??

Or is it wiser to stand by childhood memories brought to us by little Sisters who were paying attention to the movie, little Brothers who were playing with actions figures while waiting to watch the Ghostbusters VHS cassette...again & viewers like you???

FB_IMG_1492588504108.jpg

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  15. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

And now a #Word up #Message from our sponsors the happy dance-dancing, time-travelling, multi-verse unravelling Quantum Physicists of C.E.R.N., Pharrell Williams & viewers #Like you...

"It might seem crazy what I'm 'bout to say
    Sunshine she's here, you can take a break
    I'm a hot air balloon that could go to space
    With the air, like I don't care baby by the way
    Huh, because I'm happy
    Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
    Because I'm happy
    Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
    Because I'm happy
    Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
    Because I'm happy
    Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do
    Here come bad news, talking this and that
    (Yeah) Well, give me all you got, and don't hold it back
    (Yeah) Well, I should probably warn you I'll be just fine
    (Yeah) No offense to you, don't waste your time
    Here's why
    Because I'm happy
    Because I'm happy
    Because I'm happy
    Because I'm happy
    Hey, come on, uh
    Bring me down, can't nuthin' (happy)
    Bring me down
    My level is too high to bring me down (happy)
    Can't nuthin', bring me down (happy)
    I said, let me tell you now, unh (happy)
    Bring me down, can't nuthin', bring me down (happy, happy, happy)
    My level is too high to bring me down (happy, happy, happy)
    Can't nuthin' bring me down (happy, happy, happy)
    I said
    Because I'm happy
    Because I'm happy
    Because I'm happy
    Because I'm happy
    Because I'm happy
    Because I'm happy
    Because I'm happy
    Because I'm happy
    Come on, unh bring me down can't nuthin' (happy, happy, happy)
    Bring me down my level is too high (happy, happy, happy)
    Bring me down can't nuthin' (happy, happy, happy)
    Bring me down, I said
    Because I'm happy
    Because I'm happy
    Because I'm happy
    Clap along if you know what happiness is to you, eh eh eh
    Because I'm happy
    Because I'm happy
    Because I'm happy
    Because I'm happy
    Clap along if you know what happiness is to you, eh hey
    Because I'm happy
    Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do, heh come on"
    ~ A Happy Artist currently known as Pharrell Williams from a happy go lucky multi-verse far far away...
    Songwriters: Pharrell Williams
    Happy lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Warner/Chappell Music, Inc, Universal Music Publishing Group

josef_kristofoletti.jpg

16. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

Speaking of The Statue of Ellis...

Here is Dr. John Ellis with a "Back to the Future" C.E.R.N. Update:

John Ellis (physicist)

Jonathan Richard Ellis CBE FRS (born 1 July 1946[3]) is a British theoretical physicist who is currently Clerk Maxwell Professor of Theoretical Physics at King's College London.[4]

John Ellis
    [​IMG]
    Born 1 July 1946 (age 72)
    Hampstead, London
    Nationality British
    Alma mater King's College, Cambridge
    Known for Penguin diagram
    Coining the term "theory of everything"[1][2]
    Awards Mayhew Prize (1968)
    Maxwell Medal and Prize (1982)
    Paul Dirac Medal and Prize (2005)
    Scientific career
    Fields
    Physics
    Institutions King's College London
    CERN
    After completing his secondary education at Highgate School, he attended King's College, Cambridge, earning his PhD in theoretical (high-energy) particle physics in 1971. After brief post-doc positions at SLAC and Caltech, he went to CERN and has held an indefinite contract there since 1978. He was awarded the Maxwell Medal and the Paul Dirac Prize by the Institute of Physics in 1982 and 2005 respectively, and is an Elected Fellow of the Royal Society of London since 1985 and of the Institute of Physics since 1991. He was awarded an Honorary Doctorate from the University of Southampton, and twice won the First Award in the Gravity Research Foundation essay competition (in 1999 and 2005). He is also Honorary Doctor at Uppsala University.[5]

Ellis' activities at CERN are wide-ranging.[6][7]He was twice Deputy Division Leader for the theory ("TH") division, and served as Division Leader for 1988–1994. He was a founding member of the LEPC and of the LHCC; currently he is chair of the committee to investigate physics opportunities for future proton accelerators, and is a member of the extended CLIC (Compact Linear Collider) Steering Committee.

Ellis was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the 2012 Birthday Honours for services to science and technology.[8][9]

rsz_h701_124_246.jpg

17. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

Speaking of Spielberg & Back to the Future...

[​IMG]
    Steven Spielberg
    Biography
    "One of the most influential personalities in the history of cinema, Steven Spielberg is Hollywood's best known director and one of the wealthiest filmmakers in the world. He has an extraordinary number of commercially successful and critically acclaimed credits to his name, either as a director, producer or writer since launching the summer blockbuster with Jaws (1975), and he has done more to define popular film-making since the mid-1970s than anyone else.

Steven Allan Spielberg was born in 1946 in Cincinnati, Ohio, to Leah Frances (Posner), a concert pianist and restaurateur, and Arnold Spielberg, an electrical engineer who worked in computer development. His parents were both born to Russian Jewish immigrant families. Steven spent his younger years in Haddon Township, New Jersey, Phoenix, Arizona, and later Saratoga, California. He went to California State University Long Beach, but dropped out to pursue his entertainment career. He gained notoriety as an uncredited assistant editor on the classic western Wagon Train (1957). Among his early directing efforts were Battle Squad (1961), which combined World War II footage with footage of an airplane on the ground that he makes you believe is moving. He also directed Escape to Nowhere (1961), which featured children as World War Two soldiers, including his sister Anne Spielberg, and The Last Gun (1959), a western. All of these were short films. The next couple of years, Spielberg directed a couple of movies that would portend his future career in movies. In 1964, he directed Firelight(1964), a movie about aliens invading a small town. In 1967, he directed Slipstream (1967), which was unfinished. However, in 1968, he directed Amblin'(1968), which featured the desert prominently, and not the first of his movies in which the desert would feature so prominently. Amblin' also became the name of his production company, which turned out such classics as E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (1982). Spielberg had a unique and classic early directing project, Duel (1971), with Dennis Weaver. In the early 1970s, Spielberg was working on TV, directing among others such series as Rod Serling's Night Gallery (1969), Marcus Welby, M.D. (1969) and Columbo: Murder by the Book (1971). All of his work in television and short films, as well as his directing projects, were just a hint of the wellspring of talent that would dazzle audiences all over the world.

Spielberg's first major directorial effort was The Sugarland Express (1974), with Goldie Hawn, a film that marked him as a rising star. It was his next effort, however, that made him an international superstar among directors: Jaws (1975). This classic shark attack tale started the tradition of the summer blockbuster or, at least, he was credited with starting the tradition. His next film was the classic Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977), a unique and original UFO story that remains a classic. In 1978, Spielberg produced his first film, the forgettable I Wanna Hold Your Hand (1978), and followed that effort with Used Cars (1980), a critically acclaimed, but mostly forgotten, Kurt Russell\\Jack Warden comedy about devious used-car dealers. Spielberg hit gold yet one more time with Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981), with Harrison Ford taking the part of Indiana Jones. Spielberg produced and directed two films in 1982. The first was Poltergeist (1982), but the highest-grossing movie of all time up to that point was the alien story E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (1982). Spielberg also helped pioneer the practice of product placement. The concept, while not uncommon, was still relatively low-key when Spielberg raised the practice to almost an art form with his famous (or infamous) placement of Reese's Pieces in "E.T." Spielberg was also one of the pioneers of the big-grossing special-effects movies, like "E.T." and "Close Encounters", where a very strong emphasis on special effects was placed for the first time on such a huge scale. In 1984, Spielberg followed up "Raiders" with Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984), which was a commercial success but did not receive the critical acclaim of its predecessor. As a producer, Spielberg took on many projects in the 1980s, such as The Goonies(1985), and was the brains behind the little monsters in Gremlins (1984). He also produced the cartoon An American Tail (1986), a quaint little animated classic. His biggest effort as producer in 1985, however, was the blockbuster Back to the Future (1985), which made Michael J. Fox an instant superstar. As director, Spielberg took on the book The Color Purple (1985), with Whoopi Goldberg and Oprah Winfrey, with great success. In the latter half of the 1980s, he also directed Empire of the Sun (1987), a mixed success for the occasionally erratic Spielberg. Success would not escape him for long, though.

The late 1980s found Spielberg's projects at the center of pop-culture yet again. In 1988, he produced the landmark animation/live-action film Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988). The next year proved to be another big one for Spielberg, as he produced and directed Always (1989) as well as Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989), and Back to the Future Part II (1989). All three of the films were box-office and critical successes. Also, in 1989, he produced the little known comedy-drama Dad (1989), with Jack Lemmon and Ted Danson, which got mostly mixed results. Spielberg has also had an affinity for animation and has been a strong voice in animation in the 1990s. Aside from producing the landmark "Who Framed Roger Rabbit", he produced the animated series Tiny Toon Adventures (1990), Animaniacs (1993), Pinky and the Brain (1995), Freakazoid! (1995), Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain (1998), Family Dog (1993) and Toonsylvania (1998). Spielberg also produced other cartoons such as The Land Before Time (1988), We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story (1993), Casper(1995) (the live action version) as well as the live-action version of The Flintstones (1994), where he was credited as "Steven Spielrock". Spielberg also produced many Roger Rabbit short cartoons, and many Pinky and the Brain, Animaniacs and Tiny Toons specials. Spielberg was very active in the early 1990s, as he directed Hook (1991) and produced such films as the cute fantasy Joe Versus the Volcano (1990) and An American Tail: Fievel Goes West (1991). He also produced the unusual comedy thriller Arachnophobia (1990), Back to the Future Part III (1990) and Gremlins 2: The New Batch (1990). While these movies were big successes in their own right, they did not quite bring in the kind of box office or critical acclaim as previous efforts. In 1993, Spielberg directed Jurassic Park (1993), which for a short time held the record as the highest grossing movie of all time, but did not have the universal appeal of his previous efforts. Big box-office spectacles were not his only concern, though. He produced and directed Schindler's List (1993), a stirring film about the Holocaust. He won best director at the Oscars, and also got Best Picture. In the mid-90s, he helped found the production company DreamWorks, which was responsible for many box-office successes.

As a producer, he was very active in the late 90s, responsible for such films as The Mask of Zorro(1998), Men in Black (1997) and Deep Impact(1998). However, it was on the directing front that Spielberg was in top form. He directed and produced the epic Amistad (1997), a spectacular film that was shorted at the Oscars and in release due to the fact that its release date was moved around so much in late 1997. The next year, however, produced what many believe was one of the best films of his career: Saving Private Ryan(1998), a film about World War Two that is spectacular in almost every respect. It was stiffed at the Oscars, losing best picture to Shakespeare in Love (1998).

Spielberg produced a series of films, including Evolution (2001), The Haunting (1999) and Shrek(2001). he also produced two sequels to Jurassic Park (1993), which were financially but not particularly critical successes. In 2001, he produced a mini-series about World War Two that definitely *was* a financial and critical success: Band of Brothers (2001), a tale of an infantry company from its parachuting into France during the invasion to the Battle of the Bulge. Also in that year, Spielberg was back in the director's chair for A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001), a movie with a message and a huge budget. It did reasonably at the box office and garnered varied reviews from critics.

Spielberg has been extremely active in films there are many other things he has done as well. He produced the short-lived TV series SeaQuest 2032(1993), an anthology series entitled Amazing Stories (1985), created the video-game series "Medal of Honor" set during World War Two, and was a starting producer of ER (1994). Spielberg, if you haven't noticed, has a great interest in World War Two. He and Tom Hanks collaborated on Shooting War (2000), a documentary about World War II combat photographers, and he produced a documentary about the Holocaust called Eyes of the Holocaust (2000). With all of this to Spielberg's credit, it's no wonder that he's looked at as one of the greatest ever figures in entertainment
    ." ~ IMDb

Steven-Spielberg-1024x640.jpg

18. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

And now here with a #RealNews Update is Huey Lewis & The News:

"The power of love is a curious thing
    Make a one man weep, make another man sing
    Change a heart to a little white dove
    More than a feeling, that's the power of love
    Tougher than diamonds, whips like cream
    Stronger and harder than a bad girls dream
    Make a bad one good, mmm make a wrong right
    Power of love will keep you home at night
    Don't need money, don't take fame
    Don't need no credit card to ride this train
    It's strong and it's sudden and it's cruel sometimes
    But it might just save your life
    That's the power of love
    That's the power of love
    First time you feed it might make you sad
    Next time you feed it might make you mad
    But you'll be glad baby when you've found
    That's the power that makes the world go round
    Don't need money, don't take fame
    It's strong and it's sudden and it's cruel sometimes
    But it might just save your life
    They say that all in love is fair
    Yeah but you don't care
    But you know what to do
    When it gets hold of you
    And with a little help from above
    You feel the power of love
    Can you feel it?
    Don't take money, don't take fame
    Tougher than diamonds and stronger than steel
    You won't feel it until you feel
    You feel the power, feel the power of love
    That's the power, that's the power of love
    " ~ Huey Lewis & The News from Hill Valley California in a multi-verse far far away...
    Songwriters: Huey Lewis / Chris Hayes / John Colla
    The Power of Love lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc
    images (4).jpeg

19. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

Still speaking of our sponsors here is a special behind the scenes look at the new feature film by Stephen Spielberg starring Daniel Day Lewis:

billboard1.jpg

20. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

And now here is a #Word Up #Message from our sponsors #RealHipHop:

[Intro]
    "Girl: What are you gonna do after high school?
    Guy: I don't know, just hang out I guess
    Jay Pharoah: Hang out!?

[Verse 1: Jay Pharoah]
    Your future is hazy
    Tryna figure it out
    Askin' why I'm here
    So you crashin' in doubt
    It's your choice, so voice it
    Whole world your oyster
    Can't be droppin' the ball
    When your future's nothing to toy with
    Telescope and stay focused
    Make a mark and get noticed?
    Get the degree, thermostat
    Help me out, FLOTUS!

[Hook: Jay Pharoah + Michelle Obama]
    If you wanna fly jets, you should go to college
    Reach high and cash checks, fill your head with knowledge
    If you wanna watch paint, don't go to college
    But for everything else, you should go to college

[Verse 2: Jay Pharoah]
    You could study engineering, they be buildin' robots
    Build bridges, commute, you can get your walk on
    Be a math major, hop a moon crater
    Be an astronaut, be up in the sky like Vader
    Finance isn't science but you still need a degree
    Archaeology, astronomy, but not astrology
    No, no, no

[Verse 3: Michelle Obama]
    FLOTUS on the track
    South Side, Chicago, we all know
    We had to do overtime every night to make it tomorrow
    And everyone could really make their dream true
    Hey, kid listenin' in Michigan, that could be you

[Verse 4: Jay Pharoah]
    But a dream is just a dream unless you go hard
    Einstein put in time, here's a flow chart
    Naturally, it won't happen magically
    But you can change fantasy into reality so dramatically

[Hook: Jay Pharoah + Michelle Obama]
    If you wanna fight crime, you should go to college
    If you wanna write rhymes, fill your head with knowledge
    If you wanna stare at grass, don't go to college
    But for everything else, you should go to college

[Outro: Jay Pharoah]
    Better make room! Better make room!
    We comin'!
    We applyin'!
    That paper is not getting thrown in the garbage!
    You go to college
    !" ~ Jay Pharoah & FLOTUS Michelle Obama from the South Side of Chicago

If you don't want to trip out about the Mandela Effect "fill yo dome wit knowledge..."

#GoToCollege

:sunglasses:

#StayInSchool

#OldSchoolCool

#BackToTheOldSchool

PA_NPG_18_57-M-Obama-R-2-768x921@2x-854x1024.jpg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018