The Man

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Orsino, May 20, 2004.

1. Orsino

Orsino Member

You know what I hate? I hate the whole notion of "the man." You know, "The man is keeping me down," or "I can't wait to stick it to the man." This view implies that you can't identify with "the man's" positon and that you will never attain that position no matter how much you want it or how hard you work. That's just laziness or cowardice or ignorance, none of which is good. I consider myself a pretty die-hard democrat, but that doesn't mean I believe people should not be held accountable for their actions. We all have choices, and the ability to view those choices objectively shapes our lives and affects the lives of those around us. Granted, some of our choices SUCK, but they are ours nonetheless, and we must make the best of what we've got.

For example:

"Let's see...should I spend the money I got from that government check on those wheels that keep spinning EVEN THOUGH THE CAR IS NOT MOVING, or should I pay that 8 months of back child support I owe that bitch?" See what I mean? Objectivity is the key here.

2. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

Orsino, he must be, but he can't, but he is, he's the MAN!

3. _DeLiA_

_DeLiA_ Member

who is this man you speak of?

4. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

i did'nt know getting spinners was a way to fuck over the system. None the less, most people, if not all people, can truly identify "the man's" position. Running a country is horribly complicated, especially when you have one as fucked over as ours. Moreso, most poeple don't really know how to "stick it to the man", even if they wanted to, so it really does'nt matter.

5. Orsino

Orsino Member

lmao.. yeah, I see what you mean there. Haha... how in the hell can you "stick it to the man" when "the man" has your ass in a vice to begin with. Bend over for your corporate masters...

6. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

I'm confused? I always thought "The Man" was supposed to be the government but um? yeah o_O

7. Orsino

Orsino Member

The man is our government. And our government is influenced by mega-corporations. Either way.

8. Orsino

Orsino Member

Well, people will do anything for some money.

9. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

what the hell does the ozone layer have to do with eating meat?

10. thepixies

thepixies Member

i domnt think the man has to be the government just someone who has more power over you.

11. Orsino

Orsino Member

Factories.

12. SunFree

SunFree Member

It's acting, man. His character was ranting...it doesn't mean anything about the real Jack Black.

I love it when the little kid says, "you're the MAN" to the principle, and she's all, "why, thankyou, jimmy!"

13. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Farmers breed cows, cows make methane, methane makes wholes in the ozone.
    Cows raised in fields, which used to be forests, trees don't just vanish into thin air, they have to be burnt (creating green house gasses)
    Animals create waste, said waste is washed into river etc, thus polluting the water supply.

Meat or rather the process creating meat is seriously destroying the planet. So yes meat eating enviromentalists are hypocrits.

It is of course a lot more complicated that that.

TTFN

Sage

14. Frog_On_Ice

Frog_On_Ice Watercolor Paradise

I was thinking about that and what George was saying guess its like a feeling of hopelessness its easy not to look straight when you're on your knees

15. sitareric

sitareric Banned

Lmao thast pretty good. What happens if "the mans" making choices that suck?

I still dont consider myself necceraily affiliated wiht any party, maybe Green party, I think those dudes got an agneda, better then the other guys... its all doomed.. I like solar power

16. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I don't enjoy tying myself to a party, but there's a time and place for everything.

A case of SSDD politics... folks the nation picks.

17. sitareric

sitareric Banned

I guess yeah maybe. Ill just vote for some way of party like the Light party i like thier agenda

18. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

If there's one thing I can say... I like the green party more than the other two... but as Trey Parker and Matt Stone put it, simply, it's either the giant douche or the turd sandwich...

19. sitareric

sitareric Banned

Fuck man i was thinking the same thing Lol.. HAHhahah i like it when eveythitng gets all serious and dramatic for lame reasons on that show :p mostly stans dad

But anywho. I would liek to say, The man i think is a good guy, but im a man too and so am I.

20. Alden

Alden Member

my way of sticking it to the man is by voting Nader.