the magnificent border wall

Discussion in 'Politics' started by egger, Jan 15, 2018.

1. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

8 to be exact

[​IMG]

2. machinist

@unfocusedanakin

Those are the 8 prototypes for the border wall that have been built.

Trump visited them a few weeks ago in San Diego

A wall is not rocket science. A junior engineering student could satisfactorily design it.

What does your fancy "engineering background" consist of?
    Dodged the question first time around.

3. machinist

I can tell you dont know much about engineering because of how lazily generic and broadly this is worded.

AND in terms of designing, its really quite simple. Modular design. Every single running foot of wall is built the same as the one before it. Repeat. A few simple rules are devised in order to cope with issues of topography, turns and bends, and perhaps the density of the ground, and thats it.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  4. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Whos gonna build it? Mexicans.

5. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

LOL.
    1,954 miles spanning streams, rivers, forests, mountains, deserts, and cities. The distance from Bangor, Maine to Miami, Florida is only 1,712 miles.

Not to mention the private land that will be taken by eminent domain.

6. Kerri

Kerri Members

Mathematics? Didn't the republicans get rid of that?

Flagme15 likes this.
  7. Kerri

Kerri Members

The wall was always a lie meant to rile up a racist base. It's just bluster

MeAgain likes this.
  8. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Racism is always about money, and building a wall is real estate, which is about as sophisticated as the Duck's thinking ever gets. Germany was the most integrated and advanced country in the world, but the minute their economy dove into the toilet their worst side came out. The more the wealth has accumulated at the top, the more divided the country has become, and we have just elected the Duck who did not even have the backing of his own political party leaders.

Sadly, the wall is not just bluster, but a symbol of how divided the US has become, even walling in every ghetto across the country, and creating gated communities and a two tear medical system.

Kerri likes this.
  9. Kerri

Kerri Members

It's a nice little cycle the Duck has going. The further the bottom is pushed away from the top the more irrational fears can be used to validate the racism

The right is good at name calling, but so much of their platform is fear based. Gun control, immigration, women's rights, protectionism - they're all related to fear rooted in insecurity

MeAgain and Okiefreak like this.
  10. machinist

I have to say I think its pretty bizarre to think the wall is unbuildable just because it has to go over some landscape features.

You are a woman though.

11. machinist

"Gee golly guys do you think we can build this wall?"

"Nah, no way. Its too hard. I mean it has to go up hills and cross creeks. Its just impossible. Lets say fuck this. Its just too haaaaaaaaaard (in whiney voice)"

"But we put a man on the moon. We can build crazy bridges and towers. We designed the SR71 spy plane. We cant build a wall?"

"Nope. Its too hard. We'll never be able to figure it out. Im gonna go fight for some social justice warrior bullshit instead."

Stay in the kitchen, women. Once yall got out the shit hit the fan. Time to go back in.

12. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

agreed, It won't get built.

it's about old(or not so old), ignorant white men seeing their way of life going away.

Okiefreak and Kerri like this.
  13. Kerri

Kerri Members

That's exactly what it's about. What they don't realize as they fight these little battles is that the war is already over

14. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

And do you think it would be worth it if we could? And do you really believe Mexico will pay for it, as Trump so clearly and frequently promised? Not a chance. Go back to your stable.

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

the wall isnt to keep Mexicans out. its to keep Americans in.

Okiefreak likes this.
  16. machinist

Oh look. The leftists have turned the issue into being about race........AGAIN

There are legal Mexican immigrants that want the wall built.

The American life is the American life regardless your skin color.

You leftists are racist as fuck.

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Proof the right doesnt REALLY care about government overreach as long as it suits them

Okiefreak likes this.
  18. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Nope. That's actually one of the biggest reasons I don't support it.

On top of its ludicrous cost to taxpayers, it will lead to the federal government to snatching up private land.

I'm too conservative to support that shit

Orison and Meliai like this.
  19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I was trying out using the term "the right" the way others do "the left" and I feel gross now.

Anyways yeah no true conservative could support a wall built by eminent domain

MeAgain likes this.
  20. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

I LOVE Mexican workers! They show up on time, don't complain, don't try and cause trouble, work good in teams. As long as they can provide me with a SSN and pass E-Verify, I tend to hire them over others.

The issue is illegal immigrants. No reason they should be here not paying taxes, collecting income and social resources. Migrant farm workers are necessary for our economy. Figure out how to provide them with temporary statues until the crops are picked. Ask them back next harvest. Or let them become permanent farm labor and move from region to region to harvest. I doubt they'd complain.