the magnificent border wall

Discussion in 'Politics' started by egger, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Kerri

Kerri Members

The world is becoming, smaller, browner, gayer and more liberal. Nothing can stop that. This little herpes outbreak of bigotry is the dying breaths of that old world order

2. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Trump and his base may
    Trump and his base may meet their Waterloo sooner than that if he keeps up the trade wars. They'll simultaneously spark inflation and put the economy at risk, especially in Trump country. Remember "stagflation"--a term going back to the Carter years? All those folks who made the Devil's bargain that keeping the beast in office would at least make them rich may be in for a rude awakening.

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The cold hard facts from people who spent years in college to know those facts.

scratcho likes this.
  4. deleted

deleted Visitor

5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Haven't white people always been a minority?

Or were you two talking the US only? Because I think Asians comprise the largest ethnic group on the planet as a whole.

6. Kerri

Kerri Members

They’re are two answers to this. Yes I was talking about the US but also the term “minority” doesn’t refer to numbers. “Minority” status is defined by power

7. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Oh. Then whites are a minority depending on where they are.

8. Kerri

Kerri Members

That’s certainly not the typical situation and of course it’s not true in America but “minority” is context dependent of course

9. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

The point was and is, the reliability of polls. None are wrong by the data they poll but none may be right if the data they poll isn't what actually determines the outcome.

I'd bet if there was a poll for white blue collar workers, Trump would be at probably 75% approval. Doesn't make them wrong, just doesn't mean CNN would ever use that poll.

10. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Do you not grasp or are you just ignoring the fact that there is a legal farm workers VISA status?
    H-2A Temporary Agricultural Workers

So both sides have a way to keep our crops picked. I'll give you the benefit of using limited knowledge likely not provided by any left side outlets.

And as to the 40%. You are aware that Trump is also trying to reform the welfare program right? Or It is that also a non discussed version if the left logic.

I'd hope that the 40% would be far less after it's reform. No reason for large percentages to be on welfare. Unemployment is the lowest in several decades. If someone is able bodied and not mentally deficient, we should be able to place them to work.

Trump never said stopping illegal migrants had anything to do with the 40%.

I think if I remember it right, 90% of illegal immigrant Mexicans are here working. It's the paying taxes and having baby parts that are problematic. I feel certain Trump would like to make sure we get their taxes since they sure want us to raise, educate and protect their kids.

11. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

But it isn't just CNN or Rasmussen. You need to look at all of them. Gallup has a pretty impressive record of polling going back to the thirties. The polls are always snapshots, but if they are done scientifically, with a proper sample and well-constructed survey instrument, they're generally pretty accurate. That's why we use them.

12. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

except that poor whites, on welfare, would rather complain about poor minorities, on welfare, than work
    this makes no sense

ridiculous.

13. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Then we need one poll that everyone uses. Instead of polling to show data that they want you to see.

14. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Since humans are fallible, we need lots of polls that everyone can cross-check.

15. But look how polls have failed so badly in recent years.

16. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

The poles can't reflect the fact that people are waking up to the reality their government is a lost cause, and has been totally trashed out by the KKK. The last thing the mass media wants to do is become the target of every Neo-Nazi in the country. They spout whatever people want to hear, and avoid spouting whatever they don't.

17. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Polls are like weather reports. They provide probable outcomes based on reports from a random cross-section of the public at a given point in time. They can't predict anything with 100% accuracy, but can narrow the odds. Politicians dismiss them at their peril. To do so would be like saying "the weatherman got it wrong today, so weather reports are worthless."
    Can polls be trusted? Yes, if designed well
    https://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu...how-accurate-and-useful-are-polls-these-days/
    Can We Trust the Polls?: It all depends

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  18. wooleeheron

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows, while if the polls didn't reflect reality at all, nobody would pay attention. Sadly, you could put a lie detector in every TV and cellphone, and nobody would use them. You don't really wanna know just how far its gone. Next gen computers coming on the market, will lend an advantage to anyone who has half a brain and the slightest bit of personal integrity. Sticking your head in the sand like the KKK is about to become extremely expensive, and they need to be offered alternatives, because their population is already imploding, and civil war is a possible alternative.

Not exactly the most stable bunch, while military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't need a weatherman to tell me if it's going to rain. If I want to know if it's going to rain, I just stick my head out the window.

wooleeheron likes this.
  20. wooleeheron

You don't need a lie detector to know everybody around you is full of crap! Whenever they run in circles screaming off with their heads, you don't have to be a genius to figure out politics are the least of your problems.