the magic bus is a comin!

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Dark Star, May 11, 2004.

1. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

im getting a vw bus..soon...its all white...but im putting a sweet yellow and brown paint job on it

2. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

sweet ride man.

3. moonbeam7

moonbeam7 Member

Sweet bus man!;)

4. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

Fuckin' tight, dude.

5. Jesus~

Jesus~ Member

Thats insane. You should put a tv in there with a nes , and a couch, and some blacklight stuff. And paint a big mural on it.

:)

6. underwhelmed

underwhelmed Member

when i get my bus....bean bags and a hammock!!

7. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

72 is a good year incase you dont know . . .
    first and only year for the "worm steering"
    first year for the typeIV motor, yours is a 1700cc with dual carborators
    (i suggest getting a 'unisync' tool and learning how to sync your carbs)
    still has the old syle bumper(last year for that)
    first year for an oil filter

youll have to change the oil every 3000 miles
    youll have to change the oil filter and adjust the valves every 6000 miles
    (there are many theories about what to set the valves at, regardless
    of what anyone says, set them all at .006)
    this bus will go fast and stop on a dime

have fun and dont let them search your van.

8. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

hey thanks for all the comments and suggestions im planning on doing some pretty cool stuff with the bus but imma call it the magic bus after the who song hahaha anyways it has a rebuild 2000cc engine in it so im not sure about what to do with that since its not the 1700cc one. but whats the worm steering and is it better than the original ones. yea and im i dont really like the 73's as much as the previous models because of the bumpers, turn signals, and side vents being bigger. i dunno i just like the ones before. but im glad im getting this bus im so excited :)

9. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

the 2000cc is quitre a bit beefier than the 1700cc. you'll probably have a single weber carb on it though, which means you wont have to sync the carbs. unfortunately the 2000 originally came fuel-injucted, and although the carb conversion is very common, it does cause some problems down the road, such as your van "deiseling" when you shut it off, and shorter piston ring life (60,000 miles as apposed to 100,000 miles).
    it is very important to find out what year the 2000cc motor is, because from 76-77 you have to adjust the valves, and from 78-79 you dont. 78-79 come with self-adjusting hydraulic lifters(don worry simple stuff) so no adjustment is needed, but they do get stuck sometimes, and you'll hear an extra, louder clicking sound when they do. when that happens, pull over imediately(you'll get used to that one). if its stuck for too long while you drive, you can mess things up, but if you pull over right away, it can be fixed rather cheaply. you'll be happy with the 2000cc single carb though, its the most common nowadays, although i am a fuel-injection master.
    this next one is funny. in 72 they switched to the worm steering, they hated it so much that in 73 they switched back, and didnt change again til the mid 80's. you shouldnt notice anything though.
    a not to everyone else, that 72 bumper can be fit to any bus 72-79, with little if no modification.

10. Willow-Bridget-Love

Willow-Bridget-Love Member

man! those cars are DAMN SEXY! i mean i just wanna make love to that car lol... but really.... oh yeah.... man , you should like paint funky designs on the outside... and yeah.. man thats rad.. have fun! go everywhere!

11. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

hahaha im thinking about paint schemes what do yall think? i dont know what i want to do with it yet id kinda like to have fun with it because i mean its gonna be my last car before i get a new van to travel across the country so id like to have fun with the colors. gimme a few ideas everyone. and pictures if you can!

12. MichaelByrd1967

MichaelByrd1967 Garcia Wannabe

I wanna get one too. Hopefully after high school. Of course one from '67 or older, because of the look and the grandeur of it.
    [​IMG]

13. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

acually i like the 68's and up. i dont really like under that very much. looks way too old for my taste. also the interior isnt my cup of tea. anyways. i dunno if im going to get one anymore because my moms being a dick...anyways. i hope i get one but who knows now