The lying, conniving, theiving bastard that is Boris Johnson.

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Vladimir Illich, May 7, 2021.

1. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Good Law Project

On 22 February, in the aftermath of the High Court finding that Matt Hancock had broken the law by failing to publish PPE contracts, Boris Johnson told Parliament this:

“the contracts are there on the record for everybody to see” and “all the details are on the record”

You can see both references in Hansard here.

But what he told Parliament was just not true. A large number of contracts – and details of those contracts – were neither “there for everybody to see” or “on the record”. Unlawfully their publication had been delayed.

One example is this £23m contract which was not published until 8 March. That contract was awarded by the Department of Health to Bunzl which was a client of a lobbying firm owned by a former Conservative Party Chairman, at the same time as that former Conservative Party Chairman was advising the Department of Health on “sourcing” (his words, not ours).

Another is this £103m contract, awarded to Pharmaceuticals Direct and not published until 29 March. Pharmaceuticals Direct’s named representative was Samir Jassal, a former Tory councillor who has had multiple meetings with the Prime Minister and other senior ministers, and has both donated money to and stood as an MP for the Conservative Party.

Indeed, several weeks after the Prime Minister misled Parliament it was still the case that not all of the contracts had been published. You can see this in the High Court’s final order which identified a hundred unpublished contracts.

The High Court case was brought by Good Law Project alongside MPs Debbie Abrahams, Caroline Lucas and Layla Moran. Those three MPs wrote to the Cabinet Secretary on 19 March and you can read their letter here. It points out that:

“the Prime Minister had falsely reassured MPs about the number of contracts that had been published”

And asked him to “investigate this as a breach of the Ministerial code.”

On Friday they received a remarkable response from the Cabinet Secretary. Which you can read here. It makes no real attempt to grapple with the facts set out above and which cannot be disputed. And it sidesteps the request to investigate whether the Ministerial Code has been breached by pointing out that it is not the Cabinet Secretary’s responsibility to enforce the code (which, of course, is not what he was asked to do).

It is not a letter that ought to have been written by an impartial civil servant. You can read the MPs’ further response to the Cabinet Secretary here.

Thank you,

Jo Maugham QC
    Director of Good Law Project

2. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

God Vlad.
    I feel really sorry for you.
    It must be really sad to be filled with such hatred and vitriol against anything or anyone as you are with anything to do with The Conservative Party and our Boris.
    Always spouting out the same old bile and foul language in all the many threads you start to do with them.
    With respect I think it’s about time you calmed down, and go get a life instead of filling the years with your same old same old same old same old bile.

Still.
    I suppose it is far too late in life to change the ways of a brainwashed Trotsky/Marxist.
    Habits of a lifetime and all that!

Boris is doing a very good job, and has saved the lives of many thousands of people through the over 51 million vaccinated against the Corona19 virus up to now.
    Possibly even YOU amongst them!? I guess even you have had your two jabs Boris provided for you?
    You should be thanking our Boris instead of directing all that hatred towards him.
    End of.

Here is a picture of your leader.
    But of course he still lives on in the likes of you!
    Sad to say.

[​IMG]

Mallyboppa, wilsjane and Longstone like this.
  3. Vladimir Illich

Kenny, you too have been caught up in his lies, incompetence and negligence. For instance (and you can go and look at the Good Law Project's actions which I have placed on here) was that scumbag so reluctant to release the information relating to the contracts concerning PPE and masks ???, why will he not show us the (paid ???) account for the decoration of his flat ???, why was he asking 'nasty party' donors to pay for his child care costs ???

By the way, I'm not a supporter of Lev Bronstein - he was a nice bloke, his heart was in the right place, but his head didn't follow and he made too many mistakes.

4. Boozercruiser

Thank you for all what you say there Vlad.
    Truth is pretty much all politicians are lying and devious ‘scumbags’ as you would put it.
    I am not as interested in politics as I once was, and have voted Labour, Conservative, UKIP, Liberal and others over my life depending on whatever I felt best at the time.
    Now?
    I only went out and voted (Conservative) yesterday because Wifey wanted to vote.

Yes Boris is a lying and conniving womaniser and I wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him.
    But!
    Best of a bad bunch in spite of all that.
    I could sit here all day talking the rights and wrongs of all political parties, but my time and life and a lovely day has to be got on with now enjoying whatever I can while I am still on the planet.
    Including watching some football on Telly.

Cheers.
    Have a nice day. :)

Mallyboppa likes this.
  5. Vladimir Illich

Somehow that smacks of stupidity. You quite correctly label the scumbag 'nasty party as "lying and devious", and yet you're still prepared to vote for them knowing them to be so. Still, there's no accounting for stupidity is there ???

6. Boozercruiser

That sort of insulting remark is your trademark Vlad, and does not deserve any of my time trying to answer.

Football on Telly (Leeds V Tottenham kick off 12.30pm) is a better bet than trying to communicate with a brick wall..

Bye.

wilsjane likes this.
  7. Vladimir Illich

When things go wrong, as most assuredly they will, Kenny, we'll have you to blame for it, because you voted for the ignorant bastards !!!

8. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I am not a football fan, but I would much rather watch the match than read Vlad's negative comments.

Not once has he ever suggested a workable alternative to any of his criticisms.
    Like you, I am by no means a Boris fan, but he deserves credit for his work both in fulfilling the governments commitment on the Brexit referendum, along with keeping a clear head during covid.

I could hardly believe one of his recent posts where he started sniping about Winston Churchill.
    Along with giving us the free democratic society that we enjoy today, (despite all it's faults), he was the crutch that the royal family relied on when our queen was crowned at such a young age.
    My late father worked with Winston during WW2 and never uttered a bad word about him.
    While my father was working night and day to maintain electricity supplies to London, he came across Lizzy (as everyone called her) driving her London ambulance on more than one occasion. Seeing her physically and emotionally exhausted as the bodies piled up, no one seemed to think about the fact that she was soon to be our queen.
    Perhaps the thing that most surprised my dad was that she also worked in the ambulance workshop rebuilding engines.

9. Vladimir Illich

Churchill was an unconvicted war criminal - a despicable member of the human race !!!

10. Boozercruiser

A very good post there wilsjayne.
    But you only have to look at Vlads last post there where he accuses Churchill of being a war criminal.
    How despicable is that?
    How low can one person go?

The likes of him would have been long dead now if Churchill hadn’t been around and the Germans and Hitler had won the war.

If there is a despicable member of anything around here on this forum on this thread, it is pathetic and bile and hate filled Vlad.

After what he has said there, I am never going to comment on anything that Person ever says again.

Mallyboppa and wilsjane like this.
  11. Vladimir Illich

Kenny, I'm not the one making the accusation on this occasion, go look at the short film - all accusations have long since been verified as true !!!

Following the end of WW1, the League of Nations outlawed the use of chemical weapons, in 1923, a certain Winston Churchill - the Minister of War advocated the use of chemical weapons against civilian population in Iraq who opposed the the UK's conniving to get a 'puppet' Shah in place, so that they could have access to Iraq's oil !!!

The mere fact of his advocating the use of chemical weapons in direct opposition to the League of Nations ruling, makes him an unconvicted war criminal !!!

12. wilsjane

Time and time again, I have asked him what HE would have done in the situations and he always shirks the question. Faced with a need for millions of masks yesterday, anyone would start off by turning to the people who they knew. In that situation, I am sure that I would be picking members who I got to trust on HF's brains, including yourself. A few of the people who tried to help failed, probably because they had no idea of the complexity of manufacturing to medical and food standards. Every workplace and storage area needs to have vermin free certification, while every product used needs to be tracible as sterile. This includes sewing thread and all immediate packaging. You cannot use items such as cling film that is manufactured to wrap palates.
    I have no reason to think that the firms who discovered that they could not deliver ran off with any substantial amounts of government money.

As far as the high court judges are concerned, I would simply ask them what THEY would have done in the situation, then refuse to move on until I was satisfied with their answer.
    No one would want to mess with me in court more than once concerning red tape and rubbish. When I was taken to court for parking my car, the local authority ended up having to give me a written apology for putting a ticket on it. :D

13. Vladimir Illich

Another attempt at side-tracking - because you clearly cannot answer the embarassing questions posed by the court to the Government lawyers, so lets try here:

1. What Happened to the £23 Million paid by the Government to Bunzl ???

2. What happened to the £103 Million paid by the government to Pharmaceuticals Direct ???

14. wilsjane

You have valid points with these larger companies who should have not taken money for orders that they should have known that they could not fulfil. But you have to see this against the billions of pounds paid to companies who were forced to lay workers off due to covid. Some of these companies milked it to the full and not all of the money went to the workers.

My point is that you seem to have some sort of vendetta against Boris and blame him for all the problems in the UK without suggesting any viable alternatives..

Even during WW2 the black markets flourished and criminals made fortunes. Life during any crisis always brings out the worse in some people.

Hopefully, these high court enquiries will reveal the truth and any wrongdoing will be punished. You cannot blame Boris for putting trust in what appeared to be reputable companies when lives were dependant on immediate action.

I am not side tracking, but again I am asking you not to side-track the question of what YOU would have done at the time.?
    Would you have spent months getting quotes and assessing them all, while their was a very real risk of people dying in hospital corridors.

15. Vladimir Illich

You are side-tracking, because you have still failed to answer the question - what has happened to these £Billions/£Millions paid out to what you describe as reputable companies to provide PPE and Masks and yet many of these contracts, contracts which were made outside the usual bidding procedure and which were highly suspicious because of the fact they were made with individual 'friends' of the scumbag 'nasty party'

16. wilsjane

You are missing the point that the tender contract process takes months, particularly when you are looking at products with differing protection standards.
    Trading laws require the customer to allow specified time periods to provide a quote. After that numerous factors are taken into account, such as delivery times and costs as well as value for money.
    A typical NHS purchase contract takes between 6 months and a year to finalise.

If monies were stolen during the rush to save lives people will be rightly held accountable, but some additional costs will be accepted where they were necessary to meet the crisis deadlines. These include machinery that will have no further use and set up of premises for short term production runs. The cost of training and employing short term staff will also be a factor.
    Prior to working in medical production, many checks are required including CRB checks. Clearly these were not all possible to get production running within days, so a lot of common sense will be required where the rules were not strictly adhered to.

I have found out that the fabric masks were not supplied for use by medical professionals for use in their work environment, but they still served to slow the spread of viruses and pathogenic bacteria among the public.
    Some of these masks that were unable to obtain hygiene certifications for intimate use in time, were sold with a "wash before use" label in the packaging. I see no problem with this at all.

During WW2, small munitions were being manufactured in London cinemas and no one went to prison afterwards.

PS,
    I would love to send you an email telling you to produce two million masks within seven days. JUST THINK ABOUT IT. It has taken me 3 weeks to get a few hardwood mouldings machined.

17. Vladimir Illich

Yeah, yeah, yeah - a scumbag 'nasty party' apologist or accolyte !!!