the lone hippie

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Fractual_, May 25, 2004.

1. sitareric

sitareric Banned

Have you guys ever seen that Modest Mouse video "Float on"? To me that song has alot of relevance to the subject, because it like, alright already, we'll all float on.

2. TheGnome

TheGnome Member

Act like yourself, don't try to fit into a stereotype, create the best environment around yourself that you can, and keep on truckin'.

3. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

to me, that song has a lot of relecance for just about everything....

but uhmm... i dont think it applies to this subject as much, we just arent poking around, like the gd says.

4. Lady_Pink_Floyd

Lady_Pink_Floyd Member

yeah, i don't fit in AT ALL. I spend my time at school, ALONE, my stoner time, ALONE, all the time, ALONE..And, that's fine...I'd rather be me, doing what I love, listening to my music, etc...being different hurts sometimes, but,in the end, its the best thing ever.

5. chickabean

chickabean Senior Member

i think ive generally learnt that to find likeminded people you have got to look past the age abrrier...i have made some amazing friendships lately with people who i feel so connected with and appear to be very likeminded with me but they are way older than me. it can go the other way as well, some of my closest mates and the people i learn most from are ones younger than me...dont narrow yourself to your own age group...theres a lot of real, honest, beautiful people out there who could be friends for life.

6. HippieFlowerGirl67

HippieFlowerGirl67 Banned

I'm a loner and intend not to get attached to anyone out of fear of getting hurt in the end....

7. Eruna

Eruna Member

Like you, i too am a loner...it makes you think, huh, if loners got together, none would be alone. all i have is my love, my mind and my herb...anyone else?

Love, Peace, and Hippie Beads!

-Laura

8. LittleRedOne

LittleRedOne Member

Round where I live, there are NO hippy teens or even children. Sometimes I see an adult hippy, like, 30+, but mostly the people my age are either fashion victims, goths, or grungers, now I have no problem with them at all, some of them are cool people and I'm friends with a lot of them. I don't dress like a hippy, normally I just wear old jeans, a white vest top and accessorise to match my mood, but I have hippy ideals and values. There's one boy I know, one of my good friends, he probably knows me more than anyone else in the world, who has some of the same values as me and he's pretty laid back about life in general.... Hes the closest person to a hippy I know.

I would say that people can be hippies without dressing like a stereotypical "hippy", all brightly coloured flares, love beads, and long hair, its more about thoughts and attitudes and actions..... What do you guys think?

9. snelio37

snelio37 Member

i don't really dress like a hippy. admittedly, i have a handwoven skirt and i have way more than my fair share of tie dyed items. But none of my friends are hippies. i know of plenty that go to my school, but i don't know any oi them personally. it's hard, because their little group is all established and everything. But damn, those stoner guys are hot stuff.

10. Eruna

Eruna Member

they're all fashion victims...dressing or looking a certain way doesnt say who you are...your actions speak louder than your clothes..heh. you can wear a trash bag and give peace to the world an your a hippie...you can wear tie dye and braids and alk around hating the world its all about your attitude man. i dress however i want i cant even classify what i wear...i wear a little bit of every culture, whatever takes my fancy. whether its leather boots, a flower skirt, a pair of jeans, whatever i like, i wear!

-Laura

11. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

yeah there's no kids my age like me......so i hang out with the kids who wear all black and lots of eyeliner and spiky things.

12. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

I thought that in university i'd find people who would have similar beliefs etc to me, but so far I have only met ONE guy who's as laid back as I am. the rest are mostly "fashion victims" and not really interested to have a conversation with someone who doesnt wear designer labels like myself.

13. Eruna

Eruna Member

It's like that everywhere...the hard part is to see past those people and their fashion and see that they are just like us deep down...somehow...

-Laura

14. snelio37

snelio37 Member

yeah. my friends defy stereotypes. some are losers, but my faveorite 3 are whackos. My best friend is the cleanest mouthed, most honest person you ever knew. she has never even said crap. that impresses me on some level. she doesn't care hwat i look like, as long as i don't talk to her about drugs or my music ( unless i intend to explain to her). i <3 pegah!

15. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

no one i know is a full blown hippie...some may look like it, but they act completly the opposite way.

I can concider myself a hippie, i suppose. Not the biggest one at my school, but the biggest one none the less. I carry a guitar around with me all day, i have long hair, show peace to others. Im one of a kind here:)

16. moonbeam

moonbeam Member

OH YES.........you have NO idea......eeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh.........:(

Main reason i'm on 75 mg of zoloft..

17. PeaceBabe

PeaceBabe Senior Member

of course, ecspecialy consitering I am 12, and I live in a city that claimes to be the home of the republicans