the lockdown

Discussion in 'People' started by phil1965, Apr 16, 2020.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Currently in Belgium but I was born in America. Nothing exciting happens here. People listen to the government and no one threatens a civil war. A lot of them seem fine with not working though the summer too. I see what you mean.

phil1965 likes this.
  2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Blocks the sneeze from what?

You remember early on, when it was still just in Wuhan, many doctors had the necessary protection equipment, but they were still getting sick, because they weren't wearing eye protection

Why are you choosing to ignore that now?

Someone with covid sneezes in your face, you are wearing a mask, the virus stays on the front of the mask for 24 hrs....and your hair,skin,clothing, but 30 mins after they sneeze you touch the front of the mask to pull it down to eat a burrito without washing your hands first....then what was the use of the face mask?

Or you wash your hands before and after touching the mask, but then just before eating, brush some lint off your sweater or brush your hair with your hand or scratch your forehead; all covered in the virus...before eating

You are only really just cherry picking what aspects of it make you feel safe, how much effort you are prepared to put in as opposed to what is actually required to not contract the virus

Everyone wearing face masks, but not wearing gloves or eye protection at the same time doesn't make much sense if the purpose is to not contract the virus

soulcompromise likes this.
  3. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

this is what I was trying to explain, the uk government are not advising the public correctly, they haven't said to wear eye protection, nor have they said you have to wear gloves, merely that you can if you want, it's pathetic, my wife works in the NHS, they were told not to wear masks when walking around the hospital in case it frightened people! work that one out, sheer madness

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I think it's more the case that those that don't give a shit are still just not being vocal

All those "essential" workers off to work each day, no face mask, sitting next to each other, if you say you don't give a shit, you sound like an asshole, not that the media are really going to run a story interviweing people on a packed train or bus

I'm surprised all those millions of newly unemployed aren't making more of a noise at this time though

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

blocks it if you sneeze & are wearing the mask.

If someone who isn't wearing the mask sneezes there is definitely still a problem.

6. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

The problem with those who are on furlough is they keep saying they don't feel safe going back to work yet, they just want a long holiday, if it was pissing down with rain or snow they'd soon be back at work.
    The train situation annoys me, how they are allowed to just pack people in, my car is designed to carry 5 people, it says so on the log book, I could easily get 7 or 8 in it, but if I did I'd get prosecuted, so how come they can just ram like 80 people on a train carriage that was designed for say 50, it's wrong

7. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

You present a good argument against open borders

Beach Ball Lady Balls likes this.
  8. soulcompromise

At first glance, I feel like a travel ban (including what you said) is right in line with the rest of a proper coronavirus response.

Do you think that there is really an issue with our borders though? With a pandemic, you're right! But without one, I disagree.

9. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

I have a gas mask coming with canisters. Can’t wait. A reason to wear one in public. Lol Getting a hazmat suit and a giger counter too, I am going to be a YouTube star. Ginger girl! Lol. I will go into shops and check for radioactive material. Film the entire thing! Lol

10. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Canada still has international flights coming in by the way. It didn’t stop. Decreased but far from stopped. About 100k a day arrive in Toronto from what sources say.

pattymary likes this.
  11. soulcompromise

Yea?

it's probably a good idea to shut that down too while they're at it... I would imagine an abundance of caution is the best approach.

12. Beach Ball Lady Balls

I don’t know. I am simply staying in. I mean. 100 000 k get in cabs, get their luggage, say they will isolate.... contacting many on the way home or hotel... Baggage handlers, airport staff, hotel staff... isolate for 14 days while here. Don’t see that happening. 100 000 people is 100 000 k to many. Montreal is receding the same numbers. That is just two cities. International flights here have not stopped in canada

up to the federal government and they aren’t doing it

soulcompromise likes this.
  13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You should easily be able to tell us then how many more deaths there would have been had there been no shelter in place orders

First death in the US was Feb 6, 112 days ago, US is now up to 103,000 deaths

How many deaths would there have been now if no US states had forced shelter in place orders?

14. soulcompromise

I have no earthly idea how to solve for that. :)

But I am changing my major at the college to mathematics...

15. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

I had all my hazmat gear on the other week, I have a picture of it somewhere.

16. Beach Ball Lady Balls

I would like to see that. You can be ginger guy if you get yourself a giger counter and go into stores to test if everything you buy is radioactive.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  17. pattymary

pattymary Member

Besides wearing a mask, why not to talk about personal immunity and how to boost it?
    What kind of food to eat to strenghten it?What kind of lifestyle to adopt to have a better immunity, exercice, sleep at least 8 hours, etc..

18. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

That is why that it is vital to get recovered patients back into the community. The problem is that their is no reliable test for "infected and recovered".
    Herd immunity develops within hours, unlike intravenous vaccination that takes 21 days to develop. The reason that the 2019 flue vaccination has been withdrawn is simply that following such a complex multi organism introduction, the immune system virtually shuts down while everything balances out. It is also why people with ANY symptoms of ANY illness should not be vaccinated. It explains the small handful of people who die following vaccination.
    Medical science is a hugely complex subject and unfortunately viral infection is not a common specialty. Normally it is left to GP's and junior doctors. Hopefully, following this outbreak things will change.

pattymary likes this.
  19. pattymary

pattymary Member

Thank you for this info, it shows we cannot play with all these things..

20. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

As I have said many times, slowing down the spread of corona 19 is vital, in order that the health services are not overwhelmed by patients who require ICU admission when the bacterial stage develops into pneumonia.
    If we get into this situation, people will die UNNECESSARILY.

What most people fail to understand is that in almost all deaths it is a bacterial infection leading to pneumonia and septicemia that finally ends life.
    Here in the UK, 750 cancer patients die every day and this is the way that their life finally terminates. The same is true of diabetic patients who die from kidney failure.
    At the end of the day, it is fairly irrelevant how the infection triggers. This means that today, all this is being blamed on poor old corona 19.
    It is a nasty virus and it will TRIGGER additional deaths this year, but when we look back in a few years time, we will be seeing a slightly different picture.

ZenKarma and pattymary like this.