The Levellers

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Ellis, May 27, 2004.

1. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Yeah, he was exceptionally oppressive to the Irish. The originally Levellers were Irish people who fought for Cromwell, before he turned on them....

2. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

*pokes head round door and meeks* me likey levelers too. borrot go get some stuff, i got one way thei best of.... very good... also you should come watch em at beautiful days :D :D :D *runs back out again in a mousy way*

3. emilie

emilie Member

Rar, The Levellers are fantasmic :D And they're playing live in Herefordshire next month so I shall be going along to see them :)

Much Love
    Emmy xXx

4. kier

kier I R Baboon

awww, nice to know you're still there :)

5. Rover-Lass

Rover-Lass Member

They are the best!You'll find that the Levs have changed many people's lives. I know it sounds like a big cliche, but it's so true. They're playing loadsa gigs this summer so everybody should go! Check this out http://levellers.co.uk/cfm/news.cfm
    I can't believe I'm not going to beautiful days again
    I'm obsessed with them and I haven't been to their own festival. I met my boyfriend at a Levs gig and he got their Rolling A symbol tattooed last week! Oh, they're lush. Sorry, I'll stop being a geek now!

6. Iago

Iago Member

What a lot of people who worship the levellers! I remember going to a levellers gig once, I needed a shit so I couldn't concentrate on the music.

7. Beautiful_Day

Beautiful_Day Member

to randomly quote levellers songs...:p

"Theres only oneeeeeee waaaaay of life and thats your own, thats your own , thats your own"

"What a beautiful day hey hey, im the king of all time, nothing is impossible in my all powerful mind"

"Do I belong to some ancient race? I like to walk in ancient places, these are things that I can understand, Dont care about your modern way, dont care about the things you say, your policies have failed the test of time, cuz you sold em down the riverrr"

"This means nothing to me, to me, they way we were is the way I wanna beeeeee"

"Were gonna petrol bomb the state and blow away the hate, but we'll do it in our minds if we can find the time"

"My only law is the river breeze that takes me to the opens seas, if I could choose the life I please then I would be a boatman"

"Open your eyes and see, man made clouds block the sun, never fails to frighten me, these things cant be undone, come on, come on and seeeee, come on and see the love come on"

8. Rover-Lass

Rover-Lass Member

How did you guys get in to the Levs? My unc introduced me when I was 13 and I've been hooked ever since

9. Mercy

Mercy Member

I mentioned it before, but I think we have a definite time now. The Levellers are playing at the pub I work at (the acoustic Drunk in Public set) but it turns out its going to be a lot further away than I thought...December 2005 most probably. I still can't wait. It's a tiny pub, with a really countryside/irishy feel to it, I think the Levellers will be awesome there. My boss is absolutely obsessed with them, which is great for when I need to borrow CDs. He leant me a video of them live last week and I was blown away, can't wait to see them at Glasto!
    Soooo tempted to come to Beautiful Days, but I don't know if I can afford it.

10. Xiola

Xiola One Lonely Seagull

My hairdresser used to tell me about them all the time and say that i would really like them...then Rich always went on about them as well...so i downloaded some stuff by them...and that was it really:p