The Legalization Debate

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by element7, Jan 9, 2005.

1. mboz

mboz Member

wtf are u talking about bro^^^^
    umm weed is virtualy harmless in the grand scheme of things. smoking dank is a hobby, just like runing and reading, haha altho slightly diffenrt. me and my mates were thinking about it and what does weed really fall under in life? so we came up with hobby.but on legalising pot...it wuld make everything EASIER if it was leaglised. think about it you woudl smoke a j rite on your porch if it were legal, but the difernce is u have to hide it now. i know its not that dificult to smoke, but there is stil that element of HIDING it. man it owudl b so wonderful if it were legal everyone woudl know it and all of us would be aware. we wuld be smokign all the time outside of baseball stadiums, while your golfing, in line for the bus. god i wish

2. adoutsider

adoutsider Member

I'd agree, the job thing sucks big time!

3. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

I'd prefer to see de-criminalization instead of legalization... in minnesota we already have decriminalization up to about 2oz but still it involves a ticket... i think with a full blown legalization, major industries would start to take advantage of it and blow it out of proportion until it was made illegal again.... thats what i fear.... but with decriminalization you'd still be able to smoke knowing that you wont face any jail time... and if they still fined you for smoking in public... i wouldnt have a problem with that as long as the states set it up that the money went to some good use... wether it be like drug education or something positive to the community

4. hippin life

hippin life Member

^^^^agreed

5. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Just to add another $0.02..... also with legalization of marijuana where would that leave us smokers.... we smoke for reasons.. wether its religious or rebellious reasons.. or just for the fact that we like to get high.. what would legalization do to us as being individuals.... smoking marijuana is what seperates us from others on different levels... if it was legal then anyone could smoke..... it would be like a alcohol connoisseur being accused of being an alcoholic becuase some people who drink drink waaaay more than they should and give a bad name to other drinkers.. i feel worse labels would be put on the stoner society when made legal because then the rest of the world would see how stupid some people actually would be on weed

6. forest_pixie84

forest_pixie84 Senior Member

Drugs should be legal, all kinds, and anyone else who thinks other wise is just wrong.

You simply can not successfully keep people from something they want and say your protecting them from themselves. Sure there are dangers associated with drugs, but that's why there are disclaimers...Duh!

EXAMPLE 1!!: 1920- the prohibition of alchohol. Everybody was hitting up those speakeasies. People who would usually abide by the law would be out there drinking. Even the president at one time was sneaking out of the white house at night to go drinkin'. Anyone heard of Al Capone and The Mob??? They killed a lot of people and all just because the alchohol was illeagal, but the majority of the people in this country wanted their liquor. You know who started the whole thing? a group of women who got tired of their husbands coming home drunk (the big idea behind this- they thought it was their duty to rid the world of the SIN it created, they felt they knew best so they had the right to intervene in other peoples lives.) yikes, it's like if those door to door religion salesmen came in, pushed you over and took over your house.
    1933- prohibition dies

EXAMPLE 2!!: When they tried to make guns illegal in Australia, the crime rate sky rocketed. Sure it seems safer to the untrained eye, but the truth is criminals exist. So you can take it away from the public in general, but that overlooks the criminals (here they've unarmed the public which makes it easier for the robbing type of criminals).

They say the key is prevention, "there needs to be more strick laws..blah...blah....blah." This is why so much money is being spent on trying to "crack down" on the problem. This is because they don't recognize the problem, Once you prohibit the use of something like drugs, it leads to regular people comitting crime, corruption in the law enforcement, and just all around higher levels of crime.

PLUS!! (this is a theory of mine) but if they make something as easy to grow like marijuana leagal, people might not buy as many other perscription drugs. That directly hurts the FDA (Food and Drug Association), who is directly linked to the government. One of this countries biggest money makers is the medical industry...

(Long story short, its about the $$)