The Last Day

Discussion in 'Writers Forum' started by Libbygrable87, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Libbygrable87

Libbygrable87 Members

He walked into my life when I was at the worst of my life and brought me back up from where I was at my husband left me for a meth head and alone with a daughter name Jemma. He was not my type at all. He wore black pants and a Botton down shirt. Howard was older then me but so was my ex Darrell. I was looking for a new life and ran into him at a bar. We started seeing each other and thats when I felt love but it didn't last long. The day the police came and took him away I will never forget. He was arrested for a murder he was not involved with. It was a set up. I was 25 and had no clue what to feel about it. I prayed this nightmare would end.
    He got out of jail a month later and we got married we had a son and the future seemed brighter. I got pregnant again in spring. The day the came. The took him in the mid of night it was a rainy night in New York. I ran to the door and heard a gun go off like that he was on the street dying I held him close it was a nightmare. It was a blur. I gave birth to a girl. I never fell in love after that. In 1986 I was a single Mom raising three kids. My oldest is a doctor and married to a woman named Sue with a son. My son Howie joined the navy and married a woman named Sarah they have three girls. My daughter Jill got a job as a nurse and is yet to get married but has a daughter from her boyfriend Tom. I think of the last night before my husband was murdered because that day we had a simple day that day board games and cookies. I forgave the killers. I don't remember their names. They found the real killer and he was put in prison and his brother and cousin found out and wanted to save their brothers name. That was the last day I spend with my husband and I think what life would have been if he were here.