The Lake House

Discussion in 'New Movies' started by karma lennon, May 29, 2006.

1. karma lennon

karma lennon Member

Just seems like it's so rare to find a romantic movie that isn't comedy anymore. We had the Notebook that was beautiful and I'm excited to see this. Such an interesting concept that I would love to see in person on why there are two years apart and such. Comes out in three weeks, I will definitely be seeing it, anybody else?

2. mrsshf

mrsshf Member

I plan on seeing it, and I hope it's good. I'm not getting my hopes up too much though. It's the director's first English language film, all of Keanu's previous attempts at straight romance have sucked, and Sandra Bullock's career has been up and down lately, indicating that she chould be smarter when picking a script.

On the positive side, cinematographer, editor, etc. all appear to be talented professionals with a lot of good films among them. Overall, I'm guardedly hopeful that this will be at least a good movie.

3. pearlgoesshopping

pearlgoesshopping Member

I'm definitely going to see it. I haven't wanted to see a new movie as much as this one in ages! Keanu's acting always leaves me a bit cold, but he's so darn handsome and I really like Sandra Bullock, so I'm sure I'll be able to sit through it :) I wonder what the twist to the story is...

4. yachi

yachi Member

i havent watch this movie but definitely im going to see it one of these days coz im quite curious of this movie....

5. ilario

ilario Member

i have watched lake house and i say its pretty fine...interesting...i've found this cool site that gives awesome reviews. yea might wanna check it out.
    http://www.mydvdreviews.com

6. epicadventure

epicadventure Member

[font=&quot]You know, you're right- the movie appears to be a much more serious romance than I've seen for a while. I knew there was something that was different about it when I was watching the trailer, but it didn't hit me what it was. But I think it was the automatic tension created by such a serious romance, where you feel that there is a lot riding on the outcome for the people involved, and where it's not something that will just be joked through.[/font][font=&quot]

I was flipping channels the other day and Two Weeks Notice, with Sandra and Hugh Grant, and got me excited to see her in a romance again. She can play characters with a lot of heart, which I think will be good for [/font][font=&quot]Lake[/font][font=&quot] [/font][font=&quot]House[/font][font=&quot], though I can't remember the last movie she was in that didn't cast her as a klutz (looking forward to it, though)[/font]

7. mrsshf

mrsshf Member

If you can turn off your brain and enjoy the fantasy, the undeniable chemistry between Bullock and Reeves and the nice cinematography and direction, The Lake House is a good film. If you start questioning the movie's logic, then you probably won't like it very much.

8. Blinkandimgone

Blinkandimgone Member

im seeing it for my friends birthday.is it good? my friends are VERY critical and i suggested it so i dont wanna get beaten up! : P

9. mrsshf

mrsshf Member

Normally, I'd say that if your friends are critical, you might want to avoid this one becuase of the whole logic problem with the film's premise. Unfortunately, pretty much everything else out right now is pretty terrible or, at best, mediocre. So you might want to let them choose the movie so you can beat them up.

10. karma lennon

karma lennon Member

i did in fact see it, last weekend with my mom. like others have mention, if you really dont look into it so deeply, you will find a lovely movie with great chemistry between the two main characters. however when you start to analyze that is when you really are going to lose the whole effect. if anything it's original and that seems so rare anymore, well i do know it's base off of a japanese i think concept, but regardless, it's nothing else out there like it nowadays.

11. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I want to see it. Don't know what I expect from it exactly but it intrigues me.

12. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

i love twinsoul movies. there were so many metaphors in this film, well done.

ps, love isnt logical

13. Laura-the-flowergirl

Laura-the-flowergirl Long haired child

This movie was really good! It was romantic, but never oversentimental. It's a very sober film, but exactly that gives it that something extra.

14. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

Just saw it last night. I thought that it was pretty good. It was nice to see a movie that isn't the same ol same ol shit all over again.
    Yeah, sandra and keanu totally have chemistry....they had no problem making me believe that they really loved eachother, and that kinda made me feel good :)