The KKK...

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by DeadheadHippieForPea, Jun 3, 2004.

1. DeadheadHippieForPea

DeadheadHippieForPea Member

i have to write a speech on this fake issue..it is if you agree that a KKK memeber should speak at a school assembly..but not because your for them just to show a persons point of view..its very confusing to write about..because as much as you may not like someones point of view and even though there disgusting they still have the right to speech....just like we do...would you guys agree with him coming because its a freedom or wouldnt you?..this is a fake issue but our history teacher made it confusing on perpose...i personally believe that ppl have the right to free speech as long as it doesnt hurt someone....the fake club that is going to invite him is the human tolerance club..and they want to show all sides of issues...so do you believe in the free speech?....peace and love

2. marymicrogram

marymicrogram Member

I believe in freedom of speech however considering the history that the KKK has of violence and unlawfulness- I would be against a member of the KKK making a speech at a school. Your constitutional rights end when you begin to abridge the rights of others. Anyway, there is no reason for a KKK member to be speaking at a school. The KKK has the right to assemble and to make speechs- but they don't need to be in schools. Not even if it was a racist who wasn't condoning violence against other races. Their constitutional freedoms allow them to rally- publish books- newspapers, but schools are a different story. I couldn't waltz into your school stating my constitutional right to freedom of speech and expect them to gather all the students up to listen to me speak. It's not even a matter of the moral issues regarding racism- it's a matter of common sense.

3. joe

joe Banned

if a member of the KKK is allowed, then i suggest you present a former member of the "Black Panthers" and have em mud wrestle eachother

4. Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer Member

lol.
    We all know who would win. The black Panthers were hardcore.

5. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

Yes, I would let them speak. A lot of people are violent. Telling them a peaceful way doesn't always cut it. But if you put the violent side with the peaceful side have have both sides speak at the same time it would have a greater impact.

Also, I don't think that it is good to be close minded. I think the only problem with a KKK member speaking would be because of laws. They could be telling you to kill someone of a "different racial status", but murder is illegal in our country. So that might make much sense.

Whatever, just my thoughts.
    -Peace

6. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

The KKK are pathetic without their mob. You never see a KKK member alone do you? No little siguls of the Wizardly dumbass order on bags or jackets. Their all fucking weak cowards. That being said, allow the KKK member to speak but make attendence voluntary and after that have a civil rights activist speak. In fact dont allow them to speak at a school. Either one. Thats not free speech, its child molding

7. Spinner

Spinner Member

Well since I'm have african-american and half caucasian.
    the KKK are nothing but punk bitches!!!!!

8. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

Haha, free speach, where the hell did you get that one kid?
    Did'nt they force the kkk to disband? Anyways, yeah, I would let them talk. I wanna hear some of the kkk's opinions on other issues, like abortion, war in iraq, oil, and the state of our public school system. I'm all for racial pride, but the kkk is a little fucked up. They all look like fucking circus freaks.

9. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Nope... 2 years ago they marched here at city hall on Martin Luther King Day.

10. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

Hm, I think that unless they were advocating something illegal they should be allowed to speak. Not letting them wouldn't make them go away or anything, and however much the KKK disgusts me everyone has a right to express their opinions.

11. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

IMO the black panthers were extremists like the KKK were. They both fought for the cause and survival of their race, they both thought it was the right thing, they both did it through violence though the black panthers did more protesting, and in the end they both died out.

I'm not a supporter of either organization, but I won't give them the tag of pioneers or anything like that because they're black.

Give that buck toothed white trash KKK member the right to speak if he or she wants. It's mostly a free country these days, and if that person wants to express their views, let them.

Unless they begin a fight or commit an act of violence, then give them what they want.

12. kier

kier I R Baboon

i don't agree with their views, but i would defend their right of free speech

on the condition that they do not condone any hatred/illegal acts

as well as making sure many many other points of views were expressed so that people listening would have a wide range of points to consider

13. Lizz

Lizz Member

As long as it was totally non-violent and totally peaceful, of course. It would be hypocritical to say that he shouldn't be able to speak just because his opinions differ from most of the audience. That's what many people face. Personally, I don't agree with the KKK at all, but I don't think they shouldn't be able to peacefully demonstrate just like any other group. For instance, in a town near here, Skokie, there's a very large jewish population. I believe a neo-nazi group (it could've been KKK, but I'm pretty sure it was neo-nazi) wanted to march in a parade in that town, and ACLU supported this, not because they agreed, but because the group had the right to do so. In fact, many rabbis in the town spoke with this. Just a little anecdote.

14. Caleb983

Caleb983 Member

I wouldn't let the KKK member speak, the KKK goes against peace and love. Something I take seriously, but I also feel strongly about Freedom. So that leaves me in a pickle about my opinion....is freedom more important than peace?

15. Cadenceflower

Cadenceflower Member

I would let them speak it's thier right and while i dont agree with thier views, some people are ignorant to what there views are and the only way you can disagree with something is if you understand it and have the facts.

16. nightwanderer

nightwanderer Member

I think its something that could be way too offensive to some people to have them speak at a school. maybe a college... I wouldnt sit there and even listen to it though.