The Kick Box - On Hip!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Kick Frenzy, Jan 30, 2015.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't remember my avatar name on sl. last time i was on was probably something like four years ago. my av was a lime green hyena, wearing plad. but the last place i parked it, has probably been derezzed by now.

most of the places i hung out were furry, though also space, universities, gardens, trains, pretty much the same things that interest me in real life. collected a shit load of free stuff wandering around, but never paid for a place to perminently set anything up.

that odd shaped pink building looks like some place i might have seen or been. i actually have, or had, two dead av's on there. the first time i had too laggy of a connection or simply too slow of a computer as well. i ended up leaving that guy parked in the bottom of a lake in a park. i've heard rumors he was one of the great unsolved mysteries of sl.

the more recent one i was actually able to do things with, went to sleep in a tent in a campground, provided by some wiccan outdoor enthusiasts. that's where i left him. the green 'yena, dressed in plad. why a 'yena? because he was the best looking free furry av. who was also completely customizable. lime green, because that's me. there were some free cats, but none of them were customizable to my colors.

i did build things in some of the furry sandboxes, but being sandboxes, of course i couldn't leave them set up there.

mostly i just went around exploring every place i could legally publicly get into. eventually i started running out of them, and since i didn't have a way to buy or earn lindens, and thus have a place to make anything 'perminent', that was why i lost interest and gave up on it.

i can and do create, what are to me more interesting 3d stuff, most of which i post as still images on f.a.

2. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Well, hey there, Themnax!
    Or whoever you are... *gives you the one-eye-squint*

This avatar (Kick Frenzy) is my... *counts on fingers* ...I think he's my 7th avatar.
    (A couple of them were never used much. Kick is basically my 3rd main avatar.)

I feel like I may have heard about that guy in a lake, it sounds REALLY familiar.
    I haven't been involved in-world much for the past few years, but I still go in now and then (obviously, since I'm trying to start a store).
    But I've been a part of SL since January of 2004, at times very involved (I was part of the group of people that brainstormed up the SL Community Convention.)
    Anyway, I might have known about the guy in the lake. :)

And, I don't know your finances, but for $72(US) a year you can have a premium account, with land allowance and a stipend.
    (I think new premium accounts still get stipends anyway.)
    And if you're interested in coming back, I'll even help pay for some mainland for ya.
    (I suggest Zindra if you're cool with being on the adult continent.)

Oh... did you know they have mesh now?
    Like, you can upload 3D shit.. like, .obj files.
    It has SO changed the world... the avatars, the builds, and so on.

Anyway... I'll stop now before I fanboy all over the place. :D

3. QueerPoet

QueerPoet Senior Member

Hey, dude: Is Heineken totally lame? I like it because it never gives me a hangover - even after drinking a 12 pack :)

4. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

I wouldn't say Heineken is lame... not really.
    I don't drink it, but I have and didn't mind it.
    It's certainly better than Budweiser or Coors.

I'd probably put it around the same place I hold Yuengling.
    Cheap and drinkable, good for parties.

If you're trying to get drunk while fuckin about on the net, then I would suggest micro-brews with a higher alcohol content.
    They're WAY more enjoyable and take much less to get you drunk.
    (Some nights I only need 2 or 3 beers, when they're closer to 8% alcohol.)
    And instead of pounding them, you can take a half hour to drink one... hell, I take an hour sometimes (depends on potency).
    Plus, it's a more interesting state of mind than "big beer" gives you.

If you decide to give that a try, another suggestion is to find your most local store that has a large selection of micro-brews.
    Most of them have the option to build your own six pack from a section of single bottles.
    Do that and choose wildly different styles of beer.
    Throw in an IPA, a stout, a pale ale, a pilsner and a couple funky named things.
    (Do NOT buy anything from DuClaw... they're beer sucks because it's gimmick is artificial flavors.)

I may just have a good tolerance, but I don't really ever get hung over on just about any of these beers.

5. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

lol, i posted a bunch of weird GIFS in this thread 4 months ago.. i knew it looked familiar.

6. QueerPoet

QueerPoet Senior Member

Right on :)

7. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Not only that, you were also the first to reply to the thread.

How could you forget me so soon?
    I thought... I thought we meant something!
    *SOB*

Do.... did you ever love me?
    Do you.... do you even care?
    *Le tears*

8. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Piss Off You Pathetic Torrent Of Tears.... :bigcry:

Everybody On HF Knows That rOllin And Moi Have Been An Item For Years...[​IMG]

Sneers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i have no problem with "adult content", other then i don't really give a shit about it. architecture, infrastructure and nature are what interest me. and mazes. i love mazes. and technology and steam punk and even primative stone monuments. there was a place that was like a steampunk museum and there were a bunch of little mice having a picnic outside of it. there were a lot of arias i liked and were interesting to me. but like i said i like to build things. for 70 or 80 bux a year, i can build a lot of physical scale models of things that interest, and have them in real life.

i like the idea of making things other people can wander around in. obviously i can't afford to do that in real life, if i could i'd be doing that instead of spending so much time on here.
    second life is a really neat idea in a lot of ways, but like the part of the world i live in, its too much about making everything have to be about money.

the best thing of course, is that its also nice to have and be an alternative to everything having to be about war and armed robbery like pretty much every other mmo thing is.

but i'm really looking for a place that is about neither. where you start with nature being there, like it is in real life, and you have to work with that and around it, to build things, preferably without destroying what it provides, and of course everyone able to wander around and explore what each other builds.

so that's the frustrating thing about s.l. for me. so close and yet so far.

the idea that everyone should have to pay to provide and create content, just seems a little bit backward to me, though i do understand the reason for it. that someone has to pay for servers and bandwidth and all that.

but that's another thing that bothers me. how the internet started out to be this free space for everyone to share and illustrate concepts and ideas and ways of making things.

and then every kid wanted to start a business on there, and that wasn't too bad, for a while, but now you have big corporate media trying to take over completely and even chase that away.

so yah, maybe someday i'll get back around to it again. i have a lot of other people i know from other online communities who have and do things on there.

mostly furry, but some other communities too. science fiction people, alternative transportation people and so on.

but that's another problem i have with s.l., its not really set up to model public transportation infrastructure, to where it can perform a real service. of course with everyone being able to fly around in mid air, its not like its really needed, but aesthetically to me, its one of the more interesting aspects of real life. more then individual characters or their personal relationships.

10. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

I KNEW IT!

[​IMG]

11. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Hmm, it sounds like Insilico could be right up your alley, if you haven't been there.
    Here's a video from Draw Files:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=105&v=adFtM3EjdNY

Ooh, you should go in to check out the "City Inside Out"!
    Something about every time you go into a room, it ends up being outside... not sure what the deal is there.

And for public transportation, there's the trolley system over in the Nova Albion sims.
    (I think neighboring Bay City has it too.)
    There's also the public railroad system(s), a major line goes around Heterocera Atoll
    And in the main city area in Zindra, there's like these touring pods on a rail system thing.

Lots o stuff :)

1 person likes this.
  12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there is at least one line that goes through quite a few sims. but other then one or two, most are just more like amusement rides within one or a very few sims. nova albion sounds familiar. pretty sure i've been all through there. i'm pretty sure that's one of those favorite areas i was talking about, and ridden everywhere its system goes. of course i'm sure there have been plenty of changes upgrades, new things since them and some old ones derezzed. zindra sounds like one i saw a long time ago, when i was at someone else's house and could never remember the name it to find the place. well i'm as bad with remembering names on there as i am with people.

well i have a different dns then i did that last time i was on there, both a different computer and a different real life geophysical location, so i'll have to grab and initialize a new client side before i can get on there again now. like i said, some one of these days i may get around to it. right now i have more pressing matters to deal with. maybe in a couple of months when everything is settled down again, if it is by then.

in the mean time 'first' life, is likely to be somewhat occupying and amusing.

13. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Meh... it's easy enough to start a new, free account whenever you decide to check it out again.
    If you do, and need a kinda crappy t-shirt, come by Bang Rumpus (my store).
    Just let me know ahead of time so I can let you know if I've stocked it yet. :)

But, have fun with real life in the mean time! :)
    And maybe I'll see you in-world sometime in the future.

By the by, Zindra is the name of the adult continent that's considered a part of the "mainland", even though it's way off by its lonesome.

14. Lodog

Lodog ¿

I've let the Internet pass me by again.

This thread reminds me of some of my older ones. Gimmick infringement

15. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Sounds juicy!
    Got a link?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

It's not even 5 in the morning and I'm starting on my second rum and coke.

The coke bottle has a smiley face on it and says share with a friend, so..

*New Voicemail*

Hold on a sec. I gotta check this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN8YQVM1GQI

(ps, I know this is old, but LOL)

1 person likes this.
  17. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Well, hey... thanks for sharing!!

Oh man, that's so fuckin classic.
    It is old, but SO worth hearing that again! :D

Course, yer probably passed out by now if you were drinking all day.
    But that's alright, we don't care what time you get yer drunk on here in the Kick Box!

I'm over at the other end of the day gettin mine on right now.
    I just opened bottle #3 actually.
    Of this:

TONIGHT...
    [​IMG]
    (Alc. 6.8%)

Smells like: There's a woody, chocolate nose on this. Possibly a bit of coffee and some darker spice? Definitely smells robust. I believe there's a sidewinder of hops that I'm detecting.

Tastes like: The burnt woodiness is there, but not pronounced much.. just an even keel. It's got a decent thickness with light carbonation. And there's just enough hops to make a difference... like popping a photo with just a touch of contrast.

Overall, I'd easily recommend this for anyone who enjoys porters or dark beer in general.

18. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Ok, I'm gonna go meander off to wherever my keyboard takes me...
    But before I go, I leave you with some very dark giggles.

[​IMG]

19. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKKdJoXF7PI

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

its good that we can talk about almost anything.
    not so good, that being able to do so, slightly more then half the time, what people want to talk about, isn't all that interesting.

but at least, every once in a while, there is something interesting on here.

1 person likes this.