The Kick Box - On Hip!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Kick Frenzy, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Anyfuck... I'm drinking tonight.
    (Which is almost guaranteed if I'm posting here, but y'all knew that already.)

First up on the menu:
    [​IMG]
    (Alc. 7%)
    (Evil Twin - Sumo In A Sidecar)

Smell: Creamy, bitter, citrusy hops right up front. Decent hints of apricot in the body. Very faint whisps of pepper (and banana?) throughout it's straw soul.

Taste: Smooth (almost creamy) orange citrus on top of an easy straw body. Faint apricot dithered with distant notes of pepper.

Overall, it's a pleasant ale. Definitely more of a summer vibe. Lots of sediment throughout, top to bottom. Juicy and increasingly pleasing with every couple of sips (Although, after a bit the bitter hops builds as well).

(No sexay pic, because finding any sumo in a motorcycle sidecar just isn't an easy thing to come across and I don't want to spend for-fucking-ever searching for a pic when I could be having fun instead.)

2. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Ok, I'm sorry to say, I made a bad choice on this next one.
    But they can't all be winners, eh?

Beer #2:
    [​IMG]
    (Alc. 7%)
    (Evil Twin - Coffenade)

Smells: That's weird. I'm not even sure how to describe what I'm smelling. Coffee and grass and some kind of wood with just a spritz of lemon?

Tastes: Yeah, I can taste the lemon/coffee blend, and some grassy notes, but... not really tasting like it was a great idea.

Overall, it's like some grass and lemons were thrown in a blender with light/medium coffee grinds and blended. I don't suggest trying this one. Maybe it's your thing, but I doubt it.

(No pic, cause this shit don't deserve one.)

Orison and pensfan13 like this.
  3. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

A slow sipper, but this was a good choice.

Beer #3:
    [​IMG]
    (Innis & Gunn - Vanishing Point 01)

Smellin: Sweet oak and that old familiar raisin sweetness ride shotgun with delicate vanilla notes. Smoky sweet with echoes of dark chocolate.

Tastin: Smoky oak takes a slight lead. Natural vanilla follows up with a helping hand from semi-sweet chocolate. Warm bourbon rounds out the bottom.

Overall: It's fucking Innis & Gunn, so you know it's bangin. Velvety and not too sweet if you take your time. Even though it's only 11% alcohol, it takes on a somewhat cognac-esque quality.

(Someone else come up with a pic... I'm not in the mood to search for something more fitting than the movie, Vanishing Point.)

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

la rossa, doppelbock. not a fan. kinda grape end. meh..

5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Haven't Posted In Here For Months......That's Because Iv'e Stuck With My Favourite Champagne......

So Nothing Has Changed.......Just Finished Sunday Lunch And Enjoying My 2nd Icy Cold Glass.....

Bottoms Up Peeps.....:openmouth:

Cheers Glen.

6. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Stopped by spellbound brewing on the way home....screwed up thinking it was forgotten boardwalk. Pleasant surprise I have to say. Ended up with a great flight then an 8 oz pour of a barrel aged stout. Took home their other barrel aged that they had along with a growler of oatmeal raisin brown ale ... that was in the flight and it was awesome. And a 4 pack of a porter that was aged with some oak wood or something.
    All I can say is that this is a kick ask brewery and will be a regular stop unless one of the other breweries that I havnt been too just off the turnpike ends up being better.

I'm looking at you village idiot.

Orison likes this.
  7. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

That coffenade sounds horrible.

pensfan13 likes this.
  8. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Stopped at brick works brewing and eats on the way back to nj.
    Flight as usual.
    1.hanzo the razor double is different from any dipa I have had. That isn't good or bad.it was just different. On the bitter side. And contains lactose....they make a point to inform you of that on all the beers that have it.
    2.vanilla latte stout. This was as good as any milk stout I have had. Nothing surprising. Just a good solid milk stout.
    3. Morty winter warmer.
    This would be a great winter beer except they overdid it with the clove notes. Otherwise it would be one of my favorites winter brews ever.
    4.cranberry dunkelweizen
    I was unsure about this one. Only got it because it was the most different beer on the menu. It goes down easy but has no bite at all. It's kind of plain. Can taste a fruity taste but would never place it as cranberry. And for any dunkel it would be on the bland side.
    It' not bad. It's just not what craft drinkers go for.

9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

From last night...

Woodcock Brothers Double Dry-Hopped Galaxy XPA

[​IMG]

10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

While I was home down south I stopped to see if the local store had any sales.
    I hit the jackpot.
    $4. Six packs of dominion espresso stout
    And oak aged stout.
    Also $7. Variety 12 packs of the espresso their dipa and a farmhouse said in.
    Farmhouse isn't my style and dipa is just ok. But if they have anything left when I go back in 2 weeks I'm buying it all.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

the giant eagle has twelve dogs of xmas for 7.00 a six pack . if only i liked that beer :(

12. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Well, ya know... you can post about other stuff too.
    I didn't mean for this to become a "beer reviews only" thread or anything.
    I just easily fell into that. :)

I hope you're avoiding champagne headaches and just having fun!

But still... drop by, post some random shit, haz phUn

13. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

It is.
    Never buy it.

Maybe taste it on a dare, otherwise... nope.

14. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Alrighty, my Rumpcious Few... time for another night o'drinkin!

Granted, I'm finishing up my first beer as I type this, but y'all know I post a couple other places first (SCmkII forums and Untappd).
    But that's only because there's more shit grabbing my attention here than the other two places combined.

Anyway... beer #1:
    [​IMG]
    (Alc. 7.5%)
    (Bruton - Stoner)

Smell: Creamy and subdued straw with a touch of melon-y hops. Slight bread/biscuit notes peeking through. A touch sweet with a suggestion of pepper.

Taste: Laid back, chill creamy straw with a touch of honey. Bready background follows up with a whisper of pepper heat on the back end.

Overall, this is way easier to drink than I thought it would be. Very pleasant and fitting for just about any time of year, excepting very hot days. It has stoner vibes, insomuch as the chilled out quality of the quaff.

Easy to find a fitting pic for this one!

[​IMG]

15. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Onward to the craziest named beer of the night.
    No idea if this should be good or not, but I couldn't resist.
    Seriously, how could I resist...

This label?!?
    [​IMG]

Right?

So, beer #2:
    [​IMG]
    (Alc. 8%)
    (Pipeworks - Ninja vs. Unicorn)

Smells: Bright pineapple/citrus hops. Faint cracker along the sides.

Tastes: Agreeable hops present smooth pineapple/citrus notes. Faint cracker in the far distance. Snappy, happy, and juicy with a pithy hint of pepper.

Overall, one of the more pleasant DIPAs I've had (or IPA for that matter). Somewhat creamy, but also bright and juicy. Much better than expected! This ain't gonna last long, lol.

And I ain't even gonna try to find a pic to match this one. [​IMG]

16. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I'd buy that based on the name and label alone!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    Kick Frenzy likes this.
  17. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

That's EXACTLY what I did!
    And I don't regret it one bit.

I would easily drink this again (and again)!

The hops do get a bit more bitter as you get through a glass.
    But that could just be the effect of warming to room temp.
    Or maybe building sip by sip.
    Either way, it's still a great brew!

18. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Well, I'm on to my last beer of the night.
    (Quite possibly not the last alcohol, but... the last beer.)

So, let me get this shit posted so I can get back to fuckin around the 'net.

Beer #3:
    [​IMG]
    (Alc. 8%)
    (Oliver x Stillwater - Whipped Volume 2)

Smellin: Sweet hops, creamy vanilla. Background biscuit. Trailing into gentle candied mango.

Tastin: Mango, creamy hops. Vanilla biscuit dessert. A negligible bitter whisp throughout.

Overallin, this is really tasty. A bit odd of the edge of the back end, via natural bitter hops... but it's fairly soft. Worth checking out, fer sure.

And without spending forever finding the perfect pic, I present a fairly fitting one:
    [​IMG]

19. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Man......There Are Times I Truly Worry About You.....LOL......:smilecat::smilecat::smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

20. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

THAT makes you worry about me?
    There are SO many things about me that are more worrying!

;)

GLENGLEN likes this.