The Kick Box - On Hip!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Kick Frenzy, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Lots of people like beer brewed with peppers if they're done right. Stone's Xocoveza, for instance -- a very highly rated and regarded beer which is brewed with peppers.

Most of these beers do not even have an overwhelming or even very noticeable pepper flavor. The peppers usually comes through by giving the beers a hint of spice and heat. This works very well with certain imperial stouts.

If we're talking lighter beers made with peppers, then they usually don't work. So it really depends on the style they're being incorporated into.

Beers like Stone's Xocoveza and the above Sunday Mole Stout from Weyerbacher are loosely modeled after Mexican hot chocolate, and with the use of certain spices like cinnamon, as well as cocoa, they come very close to having the same characteristics.

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

That eyebrow trend needs to die

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I guess some people do like them, i've only tried this and one other. The other was a jalapeno infused saison and it worked well with the style because saison are peppery anyways, but I still wasn't a fan

4. Pressed_Rat

Not familiar with the first beer you mentioned, so I looked it up. It is a chili beer, which in itself is a very gimmicky style which doesn't really have many good qualities at all.

Saisons are pretty light beers in comparison to imperial stouts. I too had a chili infused saison a few weeks ago, and while it wasn't bad, I don't think the chilies added much to the style, though the heat they provided was an interesting twist.

5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Pepper-infused beers are okay as a novelty. I can't drink them all the time, but once in awhile they are good.

Rio Grande's Chile Verde and Golden Road's Pico Mexico are both good

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Lots of people like banana flavored yoghurt too. And i know people who prefer cafe machiato above a straight cup of coffee anyday. That's not the issue. I'm just saying if one is really into yoghurt or coffee they'd appreciate the one without banana flavor or the coffee with 50% milk ;) Same can be said with beer and beer lovers. You have standard beers, special beers (like seasonal or a certain different brewing process) and then also the special beers with added ingredients, like peppers, chocolate, coffee, tequila flavor etc. etc. etc. How tasty they may be they are as close to beer as the cafe machiato is to a cup of coffee

7. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Trying to figure out the point to comparing coffee and other coffee drinks to beer and other beer drinks.

Anyway speak of revisiting classics. Got DFH 90 min. Forgot how good it is. The 60 is too light the 120 is too strong but not only is the 90 just right. It also has some great malty flavors in there

8. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I received a bottle of Absolut Peppar vodka at an office Christmas party as a blind gift back in the 90s. It sat on top of my fridge for months because I'm not a fan of Bloody Marys and couldn't think of any other drink that applied. But as time passed and I fell on a particularly broke week (commission sales) I didn't have the cash for Scotch. But I did have a carton of orange juice (Blackwelder Farms). So I made a Screwdriver with this pepper infused vodka and figured I'd choke it down and watch Bladerunner, again.

It was surprisingly good. So good I got fully hammered and walked down to a payphone near my complex at 2AM to bitch anonymously at customers who had screwed my coworkers (I kept a list, I AM psychotic after all). Pepper infused beer could be good, with Pizza or Lamb!

Kick Frenzy and Orison like this.
  9. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I had Ballast Point habernero beer before and it was fucken disgsuting. Never again.

1 person likes this.
  10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Drinking howe sounds, megadestroyer.
    It is very heavy on the licorice/ anise taste. If you can get past that or like that taste...buy this shit. Because that is the only bad thing I can say about this 10% heavy stout.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

a bit more smooth than Flying dog.

12. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I forgot what that tastes like but I remember I liked it.

I'm on a brooklyn chocolate stout kick lately. Best value in delicious imperial stouts.
    Funny enough it was my first imperial that I ever liked.

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

I think thats the only good beer they make.

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I've given up drinking

But this thread makes me wish alcohol didnt make you feel so shitty (even just one makes me way more sluggish than I want to be)
    Because beer sure is tasty

15. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I like the monster ale but I can understand someone hating it.

If alcohol makes you sluggish than is there a more perfect time to have one than before bed?

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Oh alcohol messes my sleep up lol, I've never understood people who have one to help them sleep because if I have a drink before bed I am guaranteed to have a bad night of sleep

I just dont think I react well to it at all, hence I'm gonna take a long break. But I will miss beer

17. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Try a melatonin chaser.

18. deleted

deleted Visitor

I sleep good after a couple beers, but need to be sort of strong beers like these imperials .. when I get something really late at night, i still need to reach a certain point.

19. Pressed_Rat

I sleep good after a night of drinking.... for about 3-5 hours, or until the booze is out of my system.

20. Pressed_Rat

After the holidays I am taking a break from beer. At least a month, if not longer. It is too hard to lose body fat with the number of calories in craft beer.