THE KENNEDY FILES

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by thepapasmurph, Dec 7, 2022.

1. thepapasmurph

thepapasmurph Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I was a little boy when John F Kennedy was assassinated in 1963 in Dallas.
    That horrible day and the days that followed changed my perspective on life ever since.
    I've waited for some big news to be released when the top-secret Kennedy files are finally released.
    Looks like Biden is finally going to do it.

Reporter claims to have uncovered ‘smoking-gun proof’ linking Oswald to the CIA (msn.com)

This story appeared this morning. I'm sure there will be more.
    I've never been able to think Oswald acted alone- and it's probably because it seems unfathomable that one person could do something that changed the course of current events so drastically as that.

Echtwelniet likes this.
  2. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

One of my very few conspiracy theories. I don't pretend to know the who's, whats, whys, or wherefores; I simply do not believe that that guy armed with a mail-order WW I cavalry carbine put three rounds in a moving target the size of a dinner plate at 81 meters in 5.6 seconds. I don't know what happened, but I'm pretty sure that didn't.

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Rush to Judgement by Mark Lane that was published after the Warren Report, was most enlightening and set the tone for me on the assassination. So many questions remain,IMO. I recommend the the book to this day.

Head flies backwards from a shot from behind? Carcano bolt action doing what Piobaire mentioned? The magic bullet that hit the governor? On and on and on.

thepapasmurph likes this.
  4. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

What I found interesting was that Kodak Hawkeye was able to fix the Zapruder film practically overnight. Hawkeye did a lot of spook stuff.....great for the day, but pretty much a southpark-style animation today. There was an interview with a retired CIA guy, forgot who he was and he shared some interesting views on the whole film, missing shots, mystery injuries, yada yada yada. This is quite a rabbit hole.

5. thepapasmurph

I'd like to know more on that

6. scratcho

Everyone who was alive that day--remembers exactly where they were and what they were doing. Odd isn't it--both progressive Kennedys and Martin L King shot in the same decade? One could say --entrenched interests know how to take care of business.

Piney, MeAgain and thepapasmurph like this.
  7. thepapasmurph

I read a theory that the fatal shot was "friendly fire" by an agent in the follow-up car, that reacted with his weapon, and as the car he was in lurched, he lost his balance and mis-fired his weapon - That was one theory that came close to sounding reasonable yet terribly sad - if true - but made sense to me why the records were kept at top secret status for so long.

8. scratcho

There have been others also: The Cubans, a guy from France, LBJ, The CIA, the oil industry pissed about JFKs promise to take away the depletion allowance, etc. I suppose the absolute truth will come out some day when it is presumed that all involved are long gone.

9. NubbinsUp

NubbinsUp Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oswald having some link to the CIA isn't much in the way of news. He had contacts in Cuba and the USSR, and, as flaky as he was, the CIA would have to consider him a potential source of information at the very least.

Oswald being involved in a CIA plot to discredit Cubans (what the article hints at the evidence to be released showing) is a long way from evidence of the CIA having any role in JFK's death. It's not a smoking gun, not even close. Oswald personally admired JFK, but he hated the US economic system and US military, and shooting Kennedy was his idea of a way to strike a blow to both.

A sniper position and rifle shot are totally in-character for Oswald. He'd done it before, and using the same rifle. I have doubts about whether the fatal shot came from Oswald or his gun, but I have no doubt that he fired at Kennedy using the rifle he left behind at the scene, hitting him at least once.

The fact remains - if the CIA had a hand in the plot to kill JFK, and the CIA may have, there's still no evidence of it that anyone can point to. It remains a conspiracy theory like any other.

10. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

I found the friendly fire shot pretty plausible, especially since it appeared to be a fragmenting round that rearranged Kennedy's skull and the riflery that the detail had behind him.....but again, a rabbit hole.

11. Shy0ne

Shy0ne Members

The reaction I see in the zapruder film is not what I would expect from a high speed round.

12. Shy0ne

Shy0ne Members

this may be a better demonstration

more:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
  13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

We know that Oswald was under close surveillance by the FBI and the CIA in the months leading up to the assassination

They knew Kennedy’s route would take him past the Texas School Book Depository building, they knew Oswald worked there, and they knew Oswald recently purchased a gun.

The question is why they didn’t inform the secret service.

I know many of the intelligence agencies in the past were reluctant to share information, but it’s hard to imagine no one contacted the secret service.

14. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Oy vey, conspiracy theorists chow down on this buffet line of facts from the distant past...

Oh well, it's something to talk about besides Trump :)

Twogigahz likes this.
  15. Shy0ne

Shy0ne Members

yes, I compare the evidence to stated claims and let the chips fall where they may.

~Zen~ likes this.
  16. hotwater

I understand your reluctance to believe, but the Kennedy Files did indicate that the FBI and the CIA were aware of Oswald’s activities and kept him under close surveillance in the months and weeks leading up to the assassination.

When Oswald traveled to Mexico the US government asked the Mexican authorities to monitor his movements and to report on any contacts he may have made

The FBI and the CIA could have shared their findings with the secret service but didn't. why, we found that out 38 years later on 911 on just how reluctant US intelligence agencies are to share information

I believe the only conspiracy here, was a conspiracy of silence.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
    Tyrsonswood and thepapasmurph like this.
  17. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Honestly, it's so old and so deep, we'll probably never know all of it.

18. hotwater

So true, the minute you start doing research into the Kennedy assassination you begin to realize there are so many different angles to cover it can be overwhelming.

19. thepapasmurph

It still fascinates me, though.

hotwater likes this.
  20. Shy0ne

Shy0ne Members

imo a drop in the bucket compared to 911 for instance.
    any time there is a delay by the gov to get something public evidence is being manipulated.
    thats just an inconvenient fact of life. :(