The 'Karen' Syndrome

Discussion in 'People' started by ZenKarma, Jul 22, 2020.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

@mysticblu21 That was very brave telling us this story. I really feel your pain. It is something I have also endured in a couple of work situations.

Office workers can be the most cruel people on the planet as they wage their petty wars of jealousy.

I do believe in Karma, and personally I have observed three who bullied me in past end up in seriously bad situations I would not wish on anyone, but negativity and hate never bring happy outcomes.

Having worked in marketing and advertising for many years. I was always astounded that the majority of the people in my group did not do any work at all. They would spend their time gossiping, cruising the Internet, chatting on the phone, and when needed, they were always on a break.

3. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

Are bullies on a one way ticket to getting what they deserve?

Scottishdk and mysticblu21 like this.
  4. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

Wasn’t the original Karen a mod on hip forums For a time? Removed for Karen behaviour... she went out into the world after being cancelled here, then spread that anger, hatred, spiteful ideology throughout the internet and into the real world.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  5. ~Zen~

Well as you know the forum rules prevent us from discussing the banned, but yes there was a Karen mod here in the past... gone but not forgotten apparently.

6. Beach Ball Lady Balls

ah I didn’t know that but I thought it was kind of funny, was making a joke ... :). I guess it was not that funny. Wasn’t really discussing the person.

Like every thing there are moments of struggles in history and learn things from it. Wasn’t discussing it really... just thought to say .... the famous karen, first tried it here, on the famous hip... and hip was the first to recognize her For what it was in The history of the internet.

delete it if you must. I understand now. Sorry! Thought it was so long ago and thought it would get a few chuckles, my mistake.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

darn Karens...

smh

:D:laughing:

8. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I am somewhat guilty of this...

Though never a mod, I have been known to use the report feature.

Sorry people! :disappointed: :neutral:

9. Beach Ball Lady Balls

I don’t think reporting is bad... false reporting is bad and false narratives for gaining the upper hand is. You don’t do that. :). Karen’s do!

I don’t see anything bad about you or Karen like.

From my understanding Karen’s present a slanted lie about a situation that will make things appear as if they are in the right. Will demand her own way at the expense of others. A bully. This is not you. :)
    Like videos of someone hitting someone and saying... they attacked me, they hit me with their car... but it never happened.

like the woman recently running for mayor in a town. She faked her kidnapping recently... has been arrested. Was going to blame her opponent for the kidnapping.

It can happen online as well.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    mysticblu21 and Eric! like this.
  10. ~Zen~

You may have a great idea for a book there mysticblu21.

The solution is so obvious - not spreading more jealousy and hate, but spreading love, encouragement and happiness. That is how a community or a workforce can pull together and build a better future.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  11. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

-Bitches....

Beach Ball Lady Balls likes this.
  12. Scottishdk

Scottishdk Senior Member

I can't stand bullies of any form and should be dealt with. Just my opinion.

13. DrRainbow

I am certain that they secrete an evil hormone that keeps them ugly for most of their lives until they find themselves in a dead end. :)

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

"The job listing by US site DehumidifierCritic.com is causing waves for seeking someone “hypercritical and opinionated” to write three product reviews per week, while answering and maintaining a “Call-a-Karen” service.

The job listing specifies that “the right ‘Karen’ will be initially contracted to three months employment, with the view to extend if the service is popular. We are recruiting a woman to write three (honest) reviews a week for our website, as well as be the voice and authority behind our Call-A-Karen service, which will see potential customers call for advice and recommendations on (dehumidifier) products.”

Job ad calls for ‘Karens’ to apply for critic/reviewer role

15. Scottishdk

Scottishdk Senior Member

I totally agree. It's something can pick up, I can sometimes pick up on it in txt even if subtly put. :smiley:. All bully's will find that dead end.

DrRainbow and mysticblu21 like this.
  16. BethRags

BethRags Members

I always think of Karen Carpenter when I hear the name Karen. She was so talented and sweet. I would tend to call "those" women Jennifers.

17. DrRainbow

Some customers can cost a business their customers if they are not kicked out the store.

18. DrRainbow

What if all of the Karen's out there use this to bully managers in to letting them get their own way?

Scottishdk likes this.
  19. DrRainbow

I meant the customer Karen. lol

mysticblu21 likes this.
  20. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I'm a 40 year old white woman. The world owes me something NOW!