The Joseph R. Biden Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Jan 13, 2021.

1. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Kamala Harris has cast two tie-breaking votes on a budget resolution, clearing the way for what Democrats hope is the quick passage of a $1.9 trillion COVID relief package that President Joe Biden sees as necessary to ramp up vaccine distribution and get America back on its economic feet. I don't doubt she will set a new record for number of times the VP makes the tie-breaking vote. I don't know if Biden will be such a good President, but with control of the House and Senate he should be an effective one.

Eric! and soulcompromise like this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Literally stellar administration.

I couldn't be more impressed with the tone.

I'm also notably laissez-faire about foreign policy, and that brings me to a point: he's better at Iran than I would be. I guess I want them to conform and not nuclearize. At this point, I don't know who they're supposed to depend on for defense though so I see why they want their own nukes.

Anyway, bravo for the tone at the top! :)

~Zen~ and Eric! like this.
  3. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Biden is the white Obama, and took lessons from the modern master himself. They were a good team, if you want lawyers for the rich and famous. They have helped to shred the constitution and trash the judicial system, ensuring the wealthy still run both the republican and democratic parties and, soon, will censor the web and mass media extensively. The only reason to allow the Tea Party to continue to exist, is to ensure the people never know what happened.

4. sherman march

sherman march Members

every time Fox News or one of its paid hosts has been sued their automatic response is to claim their show is intended for "entertainment" purposes only and is not to be taken seriously. Rush Limbaugh always does this too whenever he is sued. So their defense is that they are performers giving a performance to entertain their audience. If that's the case then they should quit (but won't) presenting themselves as "journalists" on a cable NEWS network. Nothing they say or do can be legitimately interpreted as news or reporting.

MeAgain and scratcho like this.
  5. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

They are anti-American lying blowhards. The sad part is that so many dumb-asses listen to and believe them. We've all seen what kind of intellectual shape this country is in when a punk like trump can be elected and the republicans are still petrified of him and his cult of know nothings. Fuckin' legislative, amoral cowards.:mad:

If people can't see how crooked and useless republicans are at this stage of the game-------we're in deep shit.

~Zen~, MeAgain, Eric! and 1 other person like this.
  6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yes... Yes we are.

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

8. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

@scratcho

87EAC445-064C-4CCF-BE28-830E312BBDEC.gif

scratcho likes this.
  9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

That’s the way the Trump administration operated by withholding those desperately needed funds so he could essentially hold Puerto Rico hostage, and leverage any deal with Puerto Rican officials such as suggesting they hire whitefish energy, a small inexperienced contractor from Montana who had no idea what they were doing, but had ties to the Trump Administration

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    ~Zen~, Eric!, scratcho and 2 others like this.
  10. wooleeheron

Biden is attempting to please both conservatives and liberals, and reassure investors at the same, and should be opening the NYSE. The idea that he cares about human rights, only extends as deep as your pockets. Its the American Way! Divide and conquer, then let the banks run over anyone they can. Since democrats are the only ones offering anything remotely like justice, they can charge as much as they want.

11. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The money for hurricane maria was already allocated and approved by congress.

Just trump playing his sick little racist games and acting as If the money was his own while tens of thousands of people suffer from the aftermath of the hurricane.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    ~Zen~, Eric!, scratcho and 1 other person like this.
  12. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

That racist motherfucker left 3,057 American citizens to die after Hurricane Maria simply because they have brown skin and speak Spanish, then literally tried to trade Puerto Rico for 93.5% Caucasian Greenland.

~Zen~, granite45, scratcho and 2 others like this.
  13. wooleeheron

Donald Duck represents 40% of the population, half of whom insist the sun revolves around the earth. My own research suggests his racism is actually the result of his immune system progressively reducing his ability to make decisions for himself, because his own hatred and anger are not sustainable. The obviously pissed off, hateful, and resentful white population has been imploding for over half a century, and becoming racist is nature's way of ensuring they spread their genes around, before possibly committing self-genocide. Sadly, its already possible to cure them all, but I don't even know if anyone else is aware of the issue.

14. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Also, the Bankruptcy of The Island caused by corruption of the political class.

15. wooleeheron

The island would be a complete disaster if the US were not there and pumping money into it constantly. They decided to bend over for Wall Street like the rest of us, and just happen to be bottom of the priority list. Like Haiti, they have no fucking choice, and the idea that the US is going to save them from the US is absurd. You can blame Donald Duck if you want, but half his followers insist the sun revolves around the earth and should be institutionalized.

16. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

After wondering lately why they do not teach civics in school anymore, I was happy to hear that the Biden Administration plans to invest heavily in providing funding for Civics Education. If people knew the truth about government and society and how it does work then the misconceptions, half-truths and blatant lies might be more readily dismissed as the trash talk they really are.

One thing I find racists and white supremacists all seem to have in common is the dislike of trash-talking when it comes to themselves, but watch out for anyone with a different color or language...they will spew endless torrents of it.

17. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

From reading several news sources I understand that Joe Biden has gone easy on Mohammad Bin Salman of Saudi Arabia. The De Facto ruler was the main reason behind the murder of Jamal Kashoggi, a journalist. Jamal was butchered alive inside the Saudi embassy in Turkey. Most of the world believes his outrageous violent death was ordered by MBS, who is known in the Muslim world as a butch of thousands of Shia people. Saudi Arabia's war with the Huthi rebels of Yemen is a war against Shia. The Shia people in Saudi Arabia have no rights at all. In the eastern parts of the kingdom, MBS has even ordered the execution of underage boys, because they rode their bicycles during a march for equality. The Biden Administration has done much good since taking power; however, this is their first big mistake. MBS and Saudi Arabia need to be held accountable for their crimes, just as Putin is held accountable for poisoning and imprisonment of a political opponent.

Eric! likes this.
  18. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

With the Saudis, it's all the fear that if you rile them, oil comes off the dollar standard and all hell breaks loose. The US certainly doesn't need any oil imports, so it's not a supply issue.

Eric! and stormountainman like this.
  19. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

It's more of a fear that the dollar standard not be broken, I understand.

You can blame another Republican (Nixon) for taking us off the gold standard behind our currency and turning it into worthless paper as a 'fiat currency.' Compare the buying power of a dollar in 1970 to how much you can get for a buck now.

stormountainman likes this.
  20. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

What happened to the gold? That's almost as funny as the 'Federal Reserve' which is neither federal, nor does it have a reserve....

~Zen~ likes this.