The Joseph R. Biden Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Jan 13, 2021.

1. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Very well put. I think that the growing number of disadvantaged and disenfranchised women is disturbing shocking and wholey unfortunate.

2. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Strange, I'm having a little trouble getting used to not being pissed off at the President every day. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad as hell that Trump is gone, and I appreciate the efforts Biden is making to turn things around, but things seem a little dull. I hope Trump's impeachment trial in a couple weeks will help me make the transition. After four long years it seems weird to have an actual President in the White House!

stormountainman, granite45 and Eric! like this.
  3. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I think part of that feeling is called peace and sanity.

stormountainman likes this.
  4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

5. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

So far....

1. Rejoined Paris Accord.
    2. Halted Keystone Pipeline.
    3. Rejoined WHO.
    4. Moratorium on evictions.
    5. Extended student loan payment pause.
    6. Dreamer protection.
    7. LBGTQ protection.
    8. Increased SNAP aid.
    9. Worker's Union protection.
    10. Expands reimburse to states for National Guard protection.
    11. Accelerates Covid fight.
    12. Establishes Covid testing board.
    13. Establishes Covid therapeutics board.
    14. Expands Covid data sharing.
    15. Establishes Federal Covid vaccination sites.
    16. Directs reopening of schools.
    17. Directs OSHA to establish Covid workplace rules.
    18. Requires mask wearing in certain transportation areas.
    19. Establishes Covid Equality board.
    20. Supports international Covid response.
    21. Suggests wearing masks for 100 days.
    22. Places Dr. Anthony Fauci to head U.S. WHO delegation.
    23. Establishes Covid response director.
    24. Ends Trump's pseudohistory 1776 Commission.
    25. Upholds the Constitutions requirement that all people be included in the census.
    26. Removes Muslim ban.
    27. Restricts expanded emigration enforcement.
    28. Stops the border wall.
    29. Extends a safe haven for Liberians.
    30. Requires an ethics pledge by executive employees to uphold the Constitution.
    31. Directs a review of federal regulation procedure.

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

also... Biden's approval rating is higher than Trump's ever was.

Eric! likes this.
  7. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

It's great to wake up every day now and not have to think "Ok, what the fuck is Bozo the president going to do this time?"

granite45 and Eric! like this.
  8. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Not hard to accomplish

9. Eric!

I know, right? LMAO!!

10. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

But now it's the Republican party.

Eric! likes this.
  11. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

I guess I just don't understand their whole mindset. I mean, what's their end game of being ruthless fucks? Take our fair state here, we have huge surplus in the bank, the republicans time and time again fuck the poor - not just the bums and generational welfare folks, but hard working poor that can't make enough for health care, but make too much for Medicaid. Medicaid expansion would cost the state ZERO and would be paid by the feds, but still they vote it down to "not increase federal spending". Same with unemployment insurance - they cut it way back about ten years ago because the same bunch thought it encouraged people to goof off, and that there were plenty of jobs...you know, Walmart, Starbucks.... "not increase federal spending"...meanwhile Donnie increased the national debt by over 500%, printing money to line the pockets of his rich buddies... Oh, Joe, you have your work cut out for you.

Eric! likes this.
  12. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Some just cant let go, and thru a corrupt lens, it was great entertainment for a few.

Eric! likes this.
  13. soulcompromise

It sounds like his administration has labeled China's treatment of Muslim Uyghurs as a genocide.

They have concentration camps, re-education efforts, forced birth-control (sterilization) China is forcibly sterilizing Uighur women and giving them unwanted abortions in a mission to purge the Muslim minority, report says and countless other atrocities...

There is now a concerted effort to weed out the Chinese interest in the United States by making sure our companies don't buy products made by Uyghurs forced into labor.

Against Their Will: The Situation in Xinjiang | U.S. Department of Labor

The reality is, genocide isn't limited to the murder of a people... United Nations Office on Genocide Prevention and the Responsibility to Protect

Joe Biden, instead of taking a puppet-y mock-up false attempt at the economy as it pertains to China has taken offense to the incarceration of the Muslim Uyghur people.

All signs point to China being held accountable for its bigoted approach to governance over Xinjiang (think northwest China...).

I think it will anger China, and genocide is a hard term to negotiate with - it connotes murder to be sure. But they're doing that.

I think their stated aim is to corner terrorist interests in China, and they point to attacks perpetrated by Islamic extremists - which since 9/11 has been in the spotlight and shouldn't be ignored. The reality though is that purging China of Islam is not an appropriate response - it's vindictive, misguided, and immoral. It makes me angry.

And it would seem there are new EOs aimed at equality and inclusion within the domestic sphere.

MeAgain, stormountainman and Eric! like this.
  14. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Most of the Muslims in Asia live in Pakistan and Malaysia for a reason, nobody else wants anything to do with them and they have been driven out of every country imaginable. Donald Duck changing the entire world economy has made it pointless to change everything back again anytime soon, and has made China a political target. If the democrats are not going to get rid of the import tariffs, then protesting China's human rights history just makes political sense. Sort of the carrot and the stick. Biden attacking China's human rights record is a way of saying he will not lift the tariffs, and a way of enlisting support from republicans, for stomping on the Tea Party as the enemy, instead of, fighting over stupid crap.

He is lining all his ducks up, preparing to attack the Tea Party, but delaying as long as he can is to his advantage, because the Tea Party is not in control of their own membership, who making them look worse by the day.

15. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

The China tariffs hurt only the US consumers, in essence, a tax on us. On aluminum products I quote, there's a 25% tariff - which doesn't push business the USA, since there are no Aluminum companies in the USA.

16. Eric!

Look, China does not give two damns what the international community thinks of their governing policies. I can see them laughing and pointing fingers at the US over how Muslims were treated at the GTMO Detention facility and what went down at Abu Ghraib that turned into a major shit storm. Now that I think about it, I’m really surprised that there hasn’t been any Islamic extremist attacks on Chinese soil over that very issue. Then again, it’s China. They watch everyone closely!

soulcompromise likes this.
  17. soulcompromise

:)

Eric, I think China will care. The UN is going to turn on them based on - what is it called? - oh yeah, Genocide.

Eric! likes this.
  18. Eric!

Well, I hope so.

soulcompromise likes this.
  19. soulcompromise

Your statement equates Islam w/ terrorism. Mine does not.

stormountainman likes this.
  20. soulcompromise

yea. I think the game is changing - at least for the Uyghurs. :)

stormountainman and Eric! like this.