The Joseph R. Biden Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Jan 13, 2021.

1. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

As for his score on the first day in office, I give him a ten out of ten.

Bringing up the sad tale of his predecessor isn't the point of this thread... it's time to move along from that madness.

How's Joe doing is the question here...and not conspiracy theories, reality.

Eric!, granite45, scratcho and 2 others like this.
  2. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Yes, I support what you propose, Zen. We must work our way out of the Trump mire. I also wish to see our laws start to work again. That also would be working out of that undesired mire. Trump and Barr threw a monkey wrench into the wheels of justice. Now we must make sure these guilty parties pay through the nose. Trump's pardons and commutations must be challenged on constitutional grounds; because, he after-all has used the pardon power to reward loyalists who lied during congressional committee hears to protect him. The men who protected Trump while he resisted release of his taxes to the Ways and Means Committee, and to Cyrus Vance III must pay now. Then, there would be the named co-conspirator A.K.A. Individual 1 as disclosed by Michael Cohen. Joe Biden need not do anything. His AG can handle this light work.

Eric!, ~Zen~, granite45 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

The right swore up and down that the stock market was gonna crash if Biden was elected...

It didn't.

Eric!, ~Zen~ and stormountainman like this.
  4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

You did read the source on the upper right-hand corner, right? ...lol...

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    soulcompromise likes this.
  5. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Nobody would watch Fox News if they merely told the truth, and nobody would vote if you merely told them the truth.

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Oh... Is it Comedy Central or something? I haven't seen Fox news lately and wouldn't know a Fox reporter if it bit me in the ass! :D but I haven't seen the Daily Show in many years longer than that! :)

stormountainman, ~Zen~ and hotwater like this.
  7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Biden: " And now a rise of political extremism, white supremacy, domestic terrorism that we must confront and we will defeat."

GOP: "He just called us white supremacists"

Me: "Well... If the shoe fits?"

stormountainman and Eric! like this.
  8. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

America came within an inch of descending into fascism. No matter how it is portrayed, the people taking part in the insurrection at the Capital were not patriots, they were terrorists.
    For starters, we can bury the threads “T....Score Card” and “Dump T....”; let’s not contaminate the internet with that name ever again.

Then, after the PTSD from smelling the stench of fascism every day starts to fade, we all need to give our friends and neighbors of color, and Latinos our heartfelt thanks for saving our collective asses at the polls in November. Close call.

And don’t forget people from the Hopi, Crow, Yakima, Skokomish, HoChunk, and other Nations who recognized T....for what he was. We owe them our gratitude also.

And then let’s live in peace and brotherhood. By the way, the time for the country to start making amends is now.

stormountainman likes this.
  9. Ha ha

So, it took all of three days for Biden to admit there is no covid plan

There is of course something he could do to stop the trajectory of the virus if he had the power; stage 4 lockdown for the whole country, even if for just a couple of weeks

But he is never going to admit he doesnt have the power anyway

The president warned that "there's nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the pandemic in the next several months."

Biden says nothing can change the trajectory of the Covid pandemic over the next several months

Good luck everybody

Eric! likes this.
  10. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It was all propaganda and a form of psychological warfare imposed on his base, and to get other people who were fence-sitters to believe in it as well

11. Eric!

That’s what happens when you inherit a shit-sandwich

stormountainman likes this.
  12. It was a pretty important election promise that he has already reneged on though

There is something that can be done, stage 4 lockdown for the whole nation for somewhere between 2 - 6 weeks

We all know now whether thats done or not will translate into a difference of deaths you can count in the tens to hundreds of thousands by the end of those "next several months"

13. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

reallY?

I thought he has Fauci at the helm & that science will be the primary focus of his administrations dealings with CoViD-19. :worried:

Are you sure you're not nit-picking? It may be tempting - especially for those who are former Trump-supporters/republican, to point out any perceived flaw.

But I trust that Biden has every intention of addressing the issues of CoViD-19, and we can compare that as we go with the response of the former; who to his credit did ask for $2,000 but didn't have the republican side of Congress' backing.

I feel like we're putting our money where our mouth is in this administration and have every faith that our position and direction will show a marked decline in the prevalence of CoViD-19.

Eric! and MeAgain like this.
  14. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Sounds like a former member who used to post here.

15. Eric!

Stage 4 lockdown will never be successful because we got too many people in our country who will continue to whine about their rights being violated and will refuse to abide by it anyways. It’s up to the individual citizens to do the right thing, President Biden can’t totally control it at his level.

16. Eric!

Yes it does.....

17. wrat1

wrat1 Members

How do you define a stage 4 lockdown what EXACTLY does that mean and entail? locking people in their homes? how does one prepare for that? how many people would completely lose their livelihood? how is it enforced? martial law?

Eric! likes this.
  18. sherman march

sherman march Members

where I live the number of homeless street people has doubled or tripled in the past year. most noticeable is the number of homeless street people who are young to middle-age women. these were women with blue collar jobs who lost their jobs when the pandemic started full steam and eventually lost their apartments or rent houses and to their shock find themselves living on the street with little to no income. the homeless shelters mostly take in women with children but those who have no children are mostly on their own out on the street in a form of shock and disbelief (and fear of being raped by homeless men, because the local police tend to avoid dealing with crimes among the homeless unless killing is involved where a dead body has to be removed). unlike homeless men who tend to be alcoholics and druggies, homeless women are mostly not drunks and drug users. and if they can apply for a job it's sort of pointless because employers won't even consider an application from a person who has no actual street address or phone number to write on their application.

soulcompromise likes this.
  19. Eric!

20. wrat1

wrat1 Members

I had not seen that chart before and while I understand it by definition NONE of those stages are actual LOCKDOWNS, most are just common sense which we as a nation seem to lack these days...
    I refer to item 4 at link
    Lockdown | Definition of Lockdown by Merriam-Webster (merriam-webster.com)
    people are required to stay in their homes and refrain from or limit activities outside the home involving public contact (such as dining out or attending large gatherings)
    my bold

Eric! likes this.