The Joseph R. Biden Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Jan 13, 2021.

1. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Fruit and veg is delivered daily, so the slightest delays are seen on the shelves.
    Rather than economise for the sake of their neighbours, greedy idiots started panic buying everything in sight.
    It is a sad reflection on todays society.

Do you remember the great toilet roll comedy in the UK last year. Production was normal but 1 delayed delivery sparked it all.

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I don't think he'll do a bad job, but as I had been saying previously when we were still discussing his merits as a candidate and nominee, he's likely a moderate compared to Bernie or Elizabeth Warren. That said, he comes with opportunity. I hope he makes a good impression.

I want to see him represent us fully and adequately.

[​IMG]

if I'm honest, I'm actually concerned that it's only $1,400.

scratcho, ~Zen~ and Sambone like this.
  3. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The empty shelves in the supermarkets in Northern Ireland has nothing to do with 'panic buying' but everything to do with that stupid bastard Boris and his cronies in the scumbag 'nasty party' !!! :mad::mad::mad:

Sambone likes this.
  4. Hahahahahahaha, you must be confused. This is what I call, promises made promises failed. All politicians are the same. You know they're telling lies, their lips are moving. Just like in the impeachment yesterday. Both sides lying, oh if you want to get along do this, oh if you want the country to heal, do this. I'm anti- political. To me that means hurry up, get the Mars space craft ready. Send all of them on a round trip to m
    Good outlook, I can't imagine him being worse than the one that's in now. He only has one son, so not a chance of Biden wanting to be King.

5. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Yes, I am confused.
    Confused by those who generalize and make erroneous claims without offering any proof or specifics.

Any time a group of humans make a decision, that is a political act.
    Being anti political, you can never join others to decide anything, a clear misunderstanding of a Democratic Republic.

6. Thx

7. NubbinsUp

NubbinsUp Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'll give Biden favorable mention on impeachment & removal/prohibition. His broad goal was "unite all Americans," and nothing regarding impeachment is yet part of his first-100-days agenda.

The recent impeachment vote in the US House was 54% for and 46% against, so this clearly was not a unifying action. It highlighted and amplified division. Biden, not a member of the House, had no vote, but where did he publicly stand? He said Trump was "unfit," but stopped short of publicly supporting impeachment. Biden preferred to let the clock run out on Trump's presidency. From a unity standpoint, that's actually pretty good. Way to go, Joe.

On removal (prohibiting holding future office) action by the Senate, following Trump's exit, Biden is similarly lukewarm. It isn't on Biden's legislative agenda, and he's publicly expressed concern a few times that the trial following impeachment may be a distraction from more important work. Again, from a unity standpoint, decent marks for Joe, so far.

Now, while Joe has no direct say in House matters, incoming VP Harris, an outgoing Senator, will have the ceremonial role of President of the Senate, and the substantial role of tie-breaker in any 50-50 vote in the Senate. Consequently, unless is looks like at least a 90-10 proposition either way, removal/prohibition or acquittal, a unifying president and his VP would and should publicly tell incoming Majority Leader Schumer to shelve it indefinitely, in favor of action on things that look like they have clear and unambiguous public support.

From a unity standpoint, lukewarm Joe looks pretty good, so far. Nevertheless, if he is guided by unity as a principle, he's not really going to get anything done. I give it 30 days before the honeymoon's over. Obama abandoned unity about 2 years into his first term, and Trump never even tried it. Whether Biden is an actual statesman or just another politician, we'll soon see.

I'm disappointed to see that this thread, purportedly about Joseph R. Biden's performance, so quickly degenerated into bickering about matters and people having nothing to do with the President-Elect.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    wrat1 likes this.
  8. soulcompromise

You know, I don't believe a word republicans say. It's not factual at all. It just attempts to distract from the real issue - and I didn't even watch! I'm just guessing based on what they usually do... SMH FFS :facepalm:

For you to come and level accusations of lying, you'd better have some kind of fact checking in place. Who lied & how? I want names and specifics. None of the self-righteous blanket-statement baseless tactical nonsense we always see from anyone on the right who feels endangered.

You wouldn't be on the right, would you?

9. It's not called lying anymore, it's called non-truths

10. soulcompromise

Is that a veiled attempt at dismantling the politically correct social reality?

Sambone likes this.
  11. soulcompromise

I read what you posted earlier about being non-political. I think you might be making a mistake with that. It's sort of integrated into our entire culture, and for you to simply factor out politics or simply refuse to participate is arguably anti-social.

I'm not attacking, I'm just observing.

stormountainman and Sambone like this.
  12. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

The "silent" majority is a misnomer if there ever was one. That noisy rabble that took over our capital is fortunately not a majority, and Rep. Greene is the lunatic fringe!

13. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

It's called mental illness!

scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  14. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Yeah, the Donald did it so well.

scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  15. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Yeah, that's why he was elected. If Liz or the Bern had been the nominees, we'd be preparing for the Donald's second term.

16. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Seems to me it would be hard to top the whopper--repeated by so many Republicans over and over again--that Trump really won the election but it was stolen through massive voter fraud (for which there is absolutely no evidence!) Buy that one, and it'll be the same after every election. After sixty court cases, recounts of recounts, rejection by the Supreme Court twice, and certification by the Electoral College let's set up a "bipartisan" commission to investigate the matter, and if that doesn't come up with the right answer, set up a commission to investigate the commission, etc., etc., etc.
    You're into false equivalence: "All politicians lie (as do, I suspect, all people), so you can't believe a word they say, one is as bad as another , blah, blah, blah. Therefore, the best thing to do is retreat from all politics." That seems like a bad idea to me, cuz some politicians lie more and are much worse than others, and one or another of them is going to take over the government and run things. Bad as they might be, no other American politician has told such damaging whoppers as Trump's birtherism and election steal, nor has any previous political group mounted an insurrectionist takeover of the Capitol building to disrupt the orderly business of confirming the electoral results. So retreat means surrender to dictatorship, and dictators these days tend not to let people alone, even when they're hiding under their beds or desks! Life is a series of choices among relative evils.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  17. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

She's also not silent...

wrat1 likes this.
  18. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Is it a misnomer though? "everyone" was so surprised that trump got 70 million plus votes , I agree there is a VERY LOUD contingent of maga morons but what can that be 20% max? even if it was 50% (which its not) the others are pretty silent otherwise no one would have been surprised by 70+ mil votes

19. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Biden got 80+ million votes. 70+ million is a lot of votes, but it isn't a majority, and no matter how many it is, believing that they won doesn't make it so, nor does it even make it appropriate to humor them about it, as the Republican members of Congress challenging certification of the electoral college vote seemed to be arguing. The latest Realclear Politics average of the polls has Trump's approval at 39.7%, with 57.7% disapproving of his performance. I'm afraid that's about right.

Sambone likes this.
  20. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That means 2 out of 5 people still approve of the job he's doing! After all that's gone down, how is it these people haven't turned on him?

wrat1 likes this.