The Joseph R. Biden Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

is Neanderthal the new Deplorable ?

Eric! and hotwater like this.
  2. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

If the label fits, wear it. I agree with whoever said it's an insult to Neanderthals to compare them with Retrumplican politicians! And they really are deplorable. Hillary was spot on!

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

US forces occupying Afghanistan are reliant upon Iran for antivenin serum for the myriad vipers indigenous to the area.

According to the IAEA, Iran has no nuclear weapons, produces UF6 Uranium to a purity of 4.5%, the sort of thing commonly used to fuel nuclear reactors (weapons grade U235 is >90%), and is a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (unlike Israel, which is not a signatory, has >300 nuclear weapons, and is currently expanding their nuclear facilities). By all accounts, Iran was fully compliant with the JCPOA until without provocation Trump unilaterally abrogated it and reimposed crushing economic sanctions, in violation of American and International law.

Iran used to be what we pretend we want them to be; a Western-style, Liberal democracy. In 1953 the CIA, working on behalf of BP and ARAMCO, engineered a coup d'état that overthrew their democratically elected government and installed a Quisling martinet of the oil companies, the much hated Shah of Iran, ushering in a period of brutally murderous authoritarian repression, bankrolled by the United States.

If Iran's ostensibly our enemy, we created that dynamic, therefore it's entirely incumbent upon us, not the Iranian people, to change that. I'm not the least bit frightened of a country with a defense budget the size of Singapore's who hasn't attacked anyone since 1798.
    I don't have to like a country to refrain from bombing them.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  4. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Iran needs some work but they are a TRUE DEMOCRACY. Their elections are internationally recognized. That was how Ahmedinejad was voted out. Their top religious leadership have final say so over religion related matters in government, if conflicting with Islamic law. But at the same time, their religious leaders must answer to Sistani in Iraq, because he is like Pope in the Shia world. In many Arab and Muslim nations, criminal law is fundamentally based on French Law, because of civil and human rights. Business Law is based on English Law, because of international banking transactions and their need to be consistent. Family and religious laws are based on Islam, unless (in Iraq, and Lebanon) the parties are Christian (Chaldean, Tulkaifi, Assyrian, Maamadan) , Jewish, or Yazidi, or Samaritan. The other religions which I mentioned are officially recognized by their governments, meaning they get government funding, allowed to teach their religion and language in their own schools, and settle their domestic issues according to their own religious requirements -- as in a divorce case. Iran has some odd religious practices which are allowed pursuant religious decisions by their supreme religious leaders, such as Contract Marriage. A couple there can enter into a contract marriage and be together for a year or two before getting married on a permanent basis. This is seen as a way to avoid an adultery charge. Islamic law follows Judaic law from the Ten Commandments in a serious way. Both Iran and Saudi Arabia still execute offenders regularly. Biden should be talking about this next time he picks up that telephone. He should also release all them secret photos of Abu Ghraib which Donald Rumsfeld was talking about.

Piney, hotwater and Eric! like this.
  5. Piney

Gentlemen, thank you for the extended replies.

6. Piney

Was'nt that the basis for the car insurance commercial; Neanderthals upset about the stigma attached to being Neanderthal?

Eric! and stormountainman like this.
  7. stormountainman

I' confident you saw some of the news about the Pope's visit to Iraq and his meeting with Sistani? Looks to me like they respected him and treated him in the appropriate way. He did make an impression on enough people there to promote peace.

Eric! and Piney like this.
  8. stormountainman

I see what you are getting at, Piney. The remark by Biden --I think-- was drawn from the way people talked back fifty years ago. Today that kind of talk is wrong. I remember when they used to say POLOCK to describe a stupid person, or a guy who did not do his work properly. And I remember a joke where they said, "How does an Italian car get a flat tire? Answer: Wop Wop Wop." So, yes, this kind of talk is getting old. In the case of Neanderthals, the defense could be that they are extinct; meaning, no one is offended. So is it a moot point? I don't have the answer, because I live in Indiana, and suspect some of their descendants are hidden in plain sight among the Evangelicals who think the Rapture will happen at any moment and all cars on the road will be unmanned!

scratcho, Eric! and Piney like this.
  9. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Yes. That commercial was satire. The reaction against Biden's Neanderthal remark is classic Retrumplican strategy to deflect criticism from the abysmally stupid Texas governor who decided to open up the state overnight. Of course, the classic Retrumplican response to what I just said would to feign faux indignation about my insensitive remark about stupid people. This is actually a double barrelled comeback because it accomplishes the purpose of deflection while mocking progressive sensitivity to calling the unfortunate names.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    Balbus and Eric! like this.
  10. stormountainman

I remember when a Republican called a journalist "Maccaca" and when Trump made fun of a disabled one. The governor of Texas does deserve to be called a Pollock too.

Eric! and Tishomingo like this.
  11. wrat1

wrat1 Members

12. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Why disgrace all us pollocks?

13. stormountainman

Good question, what I said was just a moment of candor, because Tex is an ass.

14. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

I just don't know how these crazies get into office. It's dumbfounding. Yeah, I understand crooked, but just plane crazy I just don't get it..

scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  15. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

That's easy. Idiots vote for them...

scratcho likes this.
  16. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Yeah, but how can one's though process be so twisted? Hate? Just racism? I can see greed, but most of them are , uh, the less fortunate...

17. stormountainman

I've been trying to understand their tactics. They (Republicans) seem to lay the ground-work down first then springboard off it. When Trump bitched about the Honduran Caravans and the Muslims among them he was just getting the racist base pumped up. He wanted an angry supporter base so he could give them the border wall. Note that he never went for a wall along the Canadian border. When the ground work is in place, they start to say the crazy statements, knowing their base loves that talk about the shit hole nations and Mexican criminals. I want to add that this week a bunch of immigrants from central America were at the border with T-Shirts which read "Biden Let Us In!" on them with bold letters. These poor people did not have these shirts made for the occasion; but, someone who wants to make Biden look bad did so.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    scratcho and Eric! like this.
  18. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Definitely tactical. There is too much at stake to leave it to a bunch of crazies running around with torches.

19. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Is there proof of where these T-shirts actually came from/originated?

20. stormountainman

Not sure but if these people came from the poorest villages in Guatemalan and Honduran jungles, where did they get cash to buy event shirts? I'm thinking Trump is funding the recall of Newsome, recall of Cuomo, and this Border event which is directed toward Biden.

Eric! and granite45 like this.