The I.R.S. scandal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rjhangover, May 15, 2013.

1. Mr. Bleak

Mr. Bleak Member

I'm not buying the "Obama didn't know" theory. It is a theory I have seen and heard many times in the past. To me it resembles a last desperate clutch at a solid and understandable reality. It is admitting that everything has gone topsy-turvy but that it can't possibly be that bad. I heard the same argument, numerous times, about Bush. His was slightly more believable as the theory was "he isn't smart enough to know." The simple fact of the matter is that both Bush and Obama are two heads of the same demon. All I have seen my entire life is the sickening sight of decaying Liberty. Any American who was honest with themselves would, I think, have to agree. There is a Plan for this country. A Plan for our future and someone, somewhere has decided that our voices count for nothing.

2. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

It's almost heartbreaking to see the messiah of the cons being persecuted by the "evil I.R.S.". How could Cesar Obama crucify those poor innocent teabaggers? After all, all those other religious scams, like the Catholic church and Jewish synagogs are tax exempt! And it's just outrageous that the poor are tax exempt, and not Wall Street! The one true God, Wall Street money, is to be worshiped, not taxed! Make the poor pay off the $15 trillion national debt. It's their free loading that made the debt, right? They should pay it off! How dare the "evil empire" question the tax exempt status of the poverty stricken Tea Party! Okay all you con faithful, time to pass around the collection plate. Give till it hurts. It's your duty as a mindless believer in right wing politics. Spare me lord, spare me!

3. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Mindless? Pot, I'd like you to meet kettle.

You are utterly incapable of critical thinking it seems.

As a side note, one can be right wing without being conservative. They don't always go hand in hand, as you'd like to believe.

4. Victoria1987

Victoria1987 Member

Exactly. I'm definitely a right winger. I'm also an atheist, openly bisexual, one half of a homosexual marriage... I tend to be more of a slightly right of center libertarian than anything else, but I've been called a conservative or even a neo-con by quite a few people, even though I'm not.

I'm sure I'd shatter rjhangover's illusion of what the right wing in this country is if he met me.

And by the way, rjhangover, Teabaggers? Really? That was lame when folks like Olberman and Maddow started calling them that five years ago. Get a new insult.

5. lode

lode Banned

I wish instead of the IRS singling out these conservative groups, it was special forces. Go all seal team 6 on Focus On The Family.

I'm kidding of course, the law should apply routinely. But there is a problem lying in the way 501C4's operate as C3's routinely, and frankly, there should be more screening on tax evasion of these sorts of groups, liberal and conservative.

What I think that's going to come out of this, is the opposite, in which political groups get to operate with even more impunity. It'll be a good way for millionaires to wash their money at least.

6. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

So you're a log cabin con, big whoop.
    Obviously, getting boinked is your pleasure. Hey, whatever flips your nickle.

7. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

could we have that in english?

8. Victoria1987

Victoria1987 Member

I'm sorry, boinked? When did that term come back into the popular consciousness? Because I was under the impression that it died out before I was born.

Really, what are you trying to say to me? Because I'm pretty unclear on that.

Also, log cabin con? I'm not a conservative, as I've already said - I'm a libertarian. There aren't many conservatives out there who approve of legalization of drugs, and are pro choice. Of course, you wouldn't no the difference between a libertarian and a conservative. Guys like you don't pay enough attention to anyone who you disagree with because we're just so beneath you.

9. EL Tuna

EL Tuna Member

Im a strong GOP supporter but what you listed, I have the same feelings about.

Legal drugs, Clean up streets so no junkies and dealers, The tax money would pay off the trillions we owe in 6 months or so.

A woman's body is her own, Unless the dad is a Great stand up citizen/ slim to none, Its her body should be her choice.

There are many others whos views are similar. The GOP is getting younger people and out with the strict old bastards. I like to own my own things and maybe a business again, But dem/lib you are a bitch to their system and work for them.

10. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Ya know RJ buddy... I am with you on this one................

As to The Tea Party, well welcome to fuckin Washington D.C. it aint beanbag an if you need a friend, buy a dog.

You haven't arrived, unless you have been targeted. so suck it up like the big boys & girls you are supposed to be, an god hope you didn't fuck up that paperwork.

Republicans/ Tea Party are always whining that the mainstream media is out to get them, well put the IRS on your merit badge sash as well.

And god hope that none of you are closeted.........just ask Larry Craig. you will see homophobia like you have been transported to the Eisenhower era.

And for gods sake, stay away from call-girls.

We don't need the IRS to be de-fanged, I'm sure that there are enough professionals in The IRS to strike a balance in investigating fraud across all political groups.

In New York City a huge group of State politicians are arrested for fraud involving non-profits and charities. These One-percenters are defrauding our government using these fronts, would love to see some investigation here.

11. Victoria1987

Victoria1987 Member

The thing isn't that they're being investigated, Piney. The thing is that they're being targeted for their political affiliations. That's a blatant misuse of government power to silence the opposition. You don't have to like the Tea Party to realize that they're being fucked over here for unfair reasons. What if the IRS went after a group you supported simply because of their political leanings? Would you be just fine with that? Because you shouldn't be. Nobody should be fine with this kind of thing happening to any political group because of their political affiliation.

Also, I'm not sure if Larry Craig had any affiliation with the Tea Party. I'm not sure why you're bringing him up.

12. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

I repeat. Thousands of people are "targeted" by the I.R.S for investigation every year. Those targeted are mostly people with money that look likely to be trying to defraud the government. And the truth is, the teabaggers are well known for hating taxes. So why wouldn't the I.R.S. look into their efforts to be tax exempt? THAT IS THE JOB OF THE I.R.S.! If the tea party members had been UNJUSTLY prosecuted, then they would have a legitimate complaint. But trying to act like they are being persecuted, only makes me suspect them as trying to hide some corruption. I'll say one thing for them though. They sure are making Obama look spineless. But what's new about democrats being spineless?

13. Victoria1987

Victoria1987 Member

So, you're saying that they should be investigated because of their opinions against taxes. However, they aren't being unjustly targeted. But they're being targeted because of their political beliefs. But it's fine because you disagree with them.

Awesome. :2thumbsup:

14. Individual

Individual Senior Member

rj,

While the Tea Party, and other groups with similar political views were not prosecuted, they WERE being unjustly persecuted for having views contrary to those who are in power.

15. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

For a "charity," they seem to be some particularly uncharitable assholes.

16. ThisIsWhyYoureWrong

ThisIsWhyYoureWrong Member

Their applications for tax exempt status were selected for further review solely because they had "tea party," "patriot," or "constitution" in their name (the IRS has admitted and apologized for this themselves). These reviews delayed their applications for years, and included all sorts of entirely non tax related and burdensome inquiries into personal things like their religious beliefs, and their relationships with other people / groups. Similar scrutiny was not applied to left wing organizations such as moveon.org, that were similar in nature. Because their applications went unprocessed, years of unjust taxation was imposed on the targeted groups that otherwise would not have been. They are currently preparing to sue them for this.

17. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

New revelation on CNN about the I.R.S. scandal. Congress have found out that the I.R.S. has been targeting liberals filing for tax exempt status too.

18. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/24/irs-chief-tea-party-occupy-tax

19. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

If that were the case then why wouldn't they say so in the first place. Why would the President publicly apologize If there were no reason to?

20. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Isn’t the tax exemption status linked to not being engaged with ‘too much’ political activity?
    I’ve always thought that the tax exempt status afforded to many overtly political lobby groups in the US was touching on the ridiculous.

I’m especially concerned about wealth sponsored ‘independent’ lobby groups that are actually pushing wealth favourable policies that are detrimental to the majority of your people and the political and environmental wellbeing of the country.