The hunt for Madeleine

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by mbworkrelated, May 10, 2007.

1. dapablo

dapablo redefining

Twaddle, your not and you haven't, in either circumstance.

2. dapablo

dapablo redefining

No Nay I'm "sensible" and I will disagree, there are circumstances where you don't need to watch a child sleep, for example right now, my two innocent, sweet, darling, petals are asleep with no-one watching them.

A man could well have a ladder up to their bedroom window and be at this very moment doping and kidnapping them both. Funny but usually shit like that don't happen.

3. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

OK, I see your point, but if I was in a different country, I'd be a little more cautious as I'd be unfamiliar with the area, people etc, policing etc.

4. dapablo

dapablo redefining

It's fair to wonder about the circumstances of this event and to discuss the merits or otherwise of different approaches to child care and rearing that inevitably come from these tragedies, but parental fault always smacks as an easy way to aportion blame to me, we always seem to like someone to blame, it makes us more comfortable somehow, the world is back in order again, we think understand it.

5. mellowthyme

mellowthyme Member

It's a shame that the mum will be beating herself up for the rest of her life about, 'if only...' I agree that they aren't to blame, afterall why would they believe that one of their kids would be snatched from their bed. Let's remember someone has gone to great lenghts to do this.

Don't get me wrong that this is a great tradegy. What beats me is people and their lame efforts to do the right thing. People from my work have been sending an email around about this and asking for it to be forwarded on, what difference wil that make? I'm around a thousand or so miles away. I know its about feeling like you're helping but I get fuckin' sick and tired of the wet and pathetic reasons why things like this are done. I believe deep down its got nothing to do with the kid and her plight, just another way of people showing that they 'care'; hypocritical bastards! Remember, I'm not dismissing this lighting and reasoning that this incident doesn't matter, but more to do with people and the stupid things we do because we are told.

6. ming the merciless

ming the merciless Banned

Twaddle, your not and you haven't, in either circumstance.

I dont think you are actually from this planet. You say I havent raised kids yet I now dont believe you have but Iknow i have infact its my daughters 14th tomorrow and my sons 9th in 18 days time I have another son who was 6 years old 3 months or so ago

You sound like you believe you are somje kind of world authority on raising kids should I call you Spock? - and I dont mean cptn Kirks bottom buddy?

7. dapablo

dapablo redefining

lol, says ming the merciless :)
    Cool, I've got little ladies Shannon 12 and a Fay at 11, and a big boy Christopher at 19, only did the early bit with Chris though. Love em all.
    Pretentious twat ain't I. :)

No it ain't criminally negligent to leave children alone in a building for half an hour, especially whilst they are asleep, whilst one grabs a plate of food.
    What are you, your childrens foot servant or something, better not leave there sides they might require me to do something for them ? Your right mate you are on another planet.

8. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

I found this paragraph shocking. It isn't the parent's fault. I believe the parents are genuine loving and caring parents who would do anything to protect their child. However it is not always possible to protect your child from everything. I believe the parents took their child on holiday as a treat for the family. They didn't suddenly think, "Oh lets put Madeline in danger". This is a tragedy that shouldn't have happened but has. Instead of throwing stones at the parents, we should feel for the parents at this moment of tragedy. Parents are parents, I don't think we can expect parents to be Superparents.

Additional: As the ninth day steadily approaches, I am damned sure that the parents are going through tremendous pain. The last thing they would want is a paragraph like yours, criminalising and making it out that it was the parents fault from the beginning. No parent would want this to happen to their child and I feel that as its Madelines birthday, we should all say a short quiet prayer for the safe return of Madeline who I believe is now 4 years of age.

9. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

I think they will probably be out there looking for their daughter, not sat on the internet reading comments on a messageboard.

10. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

Do you remember a few years ago some children were found in a dungeon in Belgium and they tracked it back to a paedophile ring at the top of Belgium society .

The same things been found in the usa and you have such rings in the uk.
    When you hear that girls are being bought for prostitution and then sold in the uk you can see we have a slave trade under the surface, I don’t know about this particular child, but children are being kidnapped for sale .

If she isn’t found that may be what’s happened to her there are films on youtube about these high up paedophile rings , now it may be she’s been captured by some random nutter but this is another possibility .

11. phoenix_indigo

phoenix_indigo dreadfully real

it's sad but that's the first thing i thought of when i heard she was missing.

12. ming the merciless

ming the merciless Banned

I dont understand what is so shocking about saying that the parents should be prosecuted, it is entirely their fault since they had sole responsibilitry to protect the child and failed in that duty because of their negligence in leaving the child alone. MANY people have been prosecuted for leaving their children alone for 1/2 an hour while they popped down the pub. Nothing happened to the child - child sound asleep. Also Many people have been prosecuted after leaving their kids alone and the kid started a fire or something and either killed themselves or a sibling etc and so I cannot for the life of me see why these parents should not be held negligent when the resort offered a babysitting service and they turned it down - dont make sense - of course theyre to fucking blame - what did they think would happen? I mean why bother to go back and check on them at all - half hours a fuckin long time to leave a tiny kid alone

13. dapablo

dapablo redefining

c'mon when and where exactly

14. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

15. L.A.Matthews

L.A.Matthews Senior Member

I think the biggest mistake is the British tabloids use of this sad story as a pathetic attempt to win over the nations sympathy, and to make this sickingly disgusting illusion of a country with a united front just to sell more papers.

77,000 children go missing each year in the UK, and how we find the time for one of them is totally ridiculous. It's just another money-making scheme for the tabloids to capitalise on, and to make life into one big soap-opera.

Don't get me wrong, I wholly hope that Madeleine is found and returned safely, if possible, but how is all this celebrity donations and tabloid coverage really helping the family on finding their daughter?

16. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

Tabloid coverage - i agree. Not a lot of help and used to sell newspapers.
    On the flip side the newspapers did provoke 'celebrity donations'.
    I think the 'celebrity donations' are keeping them in that part of the world - funding the upkeep of the rest of the family.
    They face the prospect of not being back in Leicestershire for a very long time. They face the possibility of not working for a very long time.

17. L.A.Matthews

L.A.Matthews Senior Member

So what about the other 77,000 families? I'm sure they'd love a fat cheque of Wayne Rooney, or some other twat who feels the need to show their 'compassionate' side to the public, just to keep them on the good side of the tabloids.

18. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

Oh you should have a bumper sticker on your car or something that says "honk if you think its great calling celebrities twats" I would honk every time I saw you. Ha ha ha love that post. I think wayne Rooney is a big fat twat but love him when he scores goals for England. I would pat the twat on the back if he would do that look one more time when he got kneed in the nuts once.

19. dapablo

dapablo redefining

None of those contain "half an hour down the pub".

The closest to the case in question is a £300 fine, hardly worth the law chasing this couple about now is it.

20. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

JEEEEEZFUCKINASSSSSSSS DAPABLO you are one friggin annoying dude do you know that! If you dont like it go find it yourself you must think I am crazy and have nothing better to do than dig up research for you. I dont really care if you are not well informed of current events but you could be grateful when people spend their valuable friggin time edjacatuning you

know wha a mean bruv stop complainin and chillax to the mans news on tv or read the papers man then you would know in It? You have to get a freeview tv box and watch news 24 tho in it !

Peace and violence to you all