The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Discussion in 'Humor Books' started by BellaGitana17, Jun 24, 2004.

1. pagansrule!

pagansrule! Member

I LOVE Hitchhikers Guide, I've been into those books for years. I can't wait for the film, does anyone know who'll star in it?

2. Welsh Werecat

Welsh Werecat Member

Here you go:

Arthur Dent - Martin Freeman
    Zaphod Beeblebrox - Sam Rockwell
    Ford Prefect - Mos Def
    Trillian - Zooey Deschnael
    Slartibartfast - Bill Nighy
    Marvin (Voice) - Alan Rickman
    The Guide (Voice) - Stephen Fry

Stephen Fry, Alan Rickman and Bill Nighy are some of my favorite British actors, so I'm REALLY looking forward to this. Of course, I'd lok forward to it if they weren't in it, but it's a great bonus :D

3. pagansrule!

pagansrule! Member

Alan Rickman! That dudes in everything but I especialy loved his role as the Medatron in Dogma

4. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Haha, yes! These books rocked man, I love paranoid android. The whole set of books is just hilarious, I don't usually actually laugh when reading a book, but I did many times with these. I'm going to have to read them again soon, thanks for reminding me :D

5. RiderOnTheStorm

RiderOnTheStorm Butters!!

I've heard the movie described as 'enjoyably mediocre' People that haven't read the book don't seem to have trouble following it, which tells me, they edited alot of the story. I LOVE ALL THE BOOKS. Quite possibly my favourite book series. Definitely in the Top 3.

As for the movie, let's face it, America really shouldn't try to do anything concerned with British culture. Everytime we try to redo a show or a movie from across the ocean, it's a major flop over here. We simply don't grasp Britsih humour unless it's over the top. Then again, I'm a Brit at heart, the only reason I'm American is because I happened to be born here. I've wanted to live in England since I was 5, spell most things their way, use their slang, and watch their television and follow their football. *sigh* Not only born in the wrong generation, but in the wrong country as well.

But back to the matter at hand, don't see the movie, the book is ALWAYS better and in this case, the books are perfection and you cannot improve upon perfection.

6. TerrapinRose

TerrapinRose Member

Wow,I'd forgotten how much fun this series is.My 11 year old is reading them now and I've reread them for the first time in ages,I'd recommend them highly to everybody who's never read em. If you have and you remember where your towel is give em another go!

7. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

I've seen the movie it was great!

8. TerrapinRose

TerrapinRose Member

check out the books,bro. so much better!Also the original BBC tv series if you can find it.

9. Obituary~Birthday

Obituary~Birthday Member

i haven't read all of them.. only the first two a few years ago:( and again when i heard the movie was coming out

10. wildfire

wildfire Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

if you have read the book hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, or seen the movie, then remember how the answer to life, the universe, and everything was 42. but they didn't have the actual question that 42 was the answer to. well one of my friends, I'm No Angel, from a different website came up with an answer

11. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Wow that's an awesome theory :)

Makes good sense.

12. koopa

koopa De Kuil Krue Hipster

love the first part for its logic....love the second part for continuing the D. Adams spirit!

13. wildfire

14. Evil Icecube

Evil Icecube Member

damn, thats deep!
    I like it :D

15. wildfire

how come this didn't come up when i did a seach on hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy?

16. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

I thought the question was what is six times seven?

17. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

have a Hitchhikers thread on here ya know....

18. FollowTheButterflies

FollowTheButterflies Member

I absolutely loved Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy! The author's sense of humor matches quite well with mine so I got every bit of the funny parts whenever they shoudl up. I'm going to go see the movie when I can even though I've gotten some mixed reviews from others who have already seen it. I'll just be sure to go in open-minded and remember to just enjoy it!

19. WiseOldUnicorn

WiseOldUnicorn Member

Hitchhiker's Guide rawks. \m/ o_o \m/

20. cameltoeman

cameltoeman Member

this is my favorite book ever, i think ive read it atleast 15 times, no joke