The Hippie thing on the History Channel

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by crummyrummy, May 13, 2007.

1. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

i didn't get to see it...i was out trying to bring back the hippie moment..ya know with beer and free love, down by the lake :)

2. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

Where is that confounded lake? [​IMG]

3. indian~summer

south well..north and east for you
    :)
    the lakes done with, but theres always forests and parks :)

4. Posthumous

Where are those confounded forests and parks? [​IMG]

*runs in random direction*

5. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

At least it's not full of personal attacks- no thread ever stays exactly on topic but when a thread goes post after post after posts of attacks, it will be deleted or closed.

6. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

So, you're attacking me now? Seriously, get over it.

7. Posthumous

What's the rule about constant bitching. Free Midol?

8. indian~summer

yeah hippies and t.v....yeah like i don't think hippies would like t.v. or like having themselves studied on the history channel...its like woah man that's not really hippie, like taking a bunch of acid and taking the t.v. appart is way more hippie...like woah man what if i took a bunch of acid and took my computer appart, i'd be like yeah....
    i'd prolly be like no man this indoors computers and t.v. is like so "the man" ..like lets go outside and like make love to everyone ..like make love on the grass..and make love to strangers..and make love to everyone...and like flowers in my hair..yeah...
    back on track :H

9. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Yeah- I have plenty of extra here.

10. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Sweet! Now if only everyone else would get off their asses and away from the t.v...

11. Posthumous

I like the cut of your jib, Matey. :bandana:

Viva la Revolucion!

12. CoyoteBlue

CoyoteBlue Banned

You stupid fuckers just cost some Ethiopian their rain forest!

13. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

get help.

14. indian~summer

like man woah..chill..it's cool..let us sit under the stars and like remember the peace
    remember the peace man~

15. indian~summer

the rum is almost gone, but let us drink, drink to...drink to... more rum!
    and yeah man..like the revolution!! yeah and like make love man!!! make love!!!

teeheehee i've been hanging out with too many hippies and poets :D

16. sprout

sprout DeadHead

I saw part of it. It seemed to me that the show had a decided bias against hippies and degenerated into something about hippies loving the occult and eating human flesh. It talked about how Jim Morrison and The Beatles all loved Aleister Crowley. Everything about it seemed negative.

Two thumbs down! [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

well it had some positive things like hippies inventing the apple computer and the internet. and who said hippies shouldnt be using computers and the internet?

18. Cowboy-Blue

Cowboy-Blue Banned

"get help."

Hey, aren't you the one with personality disorders who's on like 4 different meds or some shit? lol

19. Posthumous

You really need some help. A regular psychiatrist couldn't even help you. You need to go to, like, Vienna or something. You know what I mean? You need to get involved at the university level, like where Freud studied, and have all those people looking at you and checking up on you. That's the kind of help you need. Not the once-a-week for eighty bucks, no. You need a team. A team of psychiatrists working around the clock, thinking about you, having conferences, observing you like the way they did with the elephant man. That's what I'm talking about, because that's the only way you're going to get better.

20. samson

samson Hepcat

I have to agree it seemed biased against the hippie movement to some extent. I couldnt take watching more than about ten minutes of it, that kind of pseudo-journalism gets really annoying.

They stated several facts, and followed them up with assumptions and silent judgements that may or may not have been valid. However when placed between two things one knows to be true, even the wildest of exaggerations often slips by unnoticed.

What I noticed them say was something along the lines of "the troubled youth of america flocked to frisco" and then turned right around and moments later proclaimed that the kids troubles were "all from the acid they took" when they got there.

The troubled kids were troubled before taking the acid!

The satanism aspect just shows how exploitive the whole show was, at least I assume it was, because I dont stick around and let halfwit tv producers tell me what they want me to hear. Even the history channel has to get some kinda ratings, and this was obviously a chance for them to try something to boost up the numbers.

I wonder who was sponsoring the show?