The Hangover

Discussion in 'Comedy Movies' started by jamaican_youth, Jun 12, 2009.

1. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Movie: The Hangover
    Rating: 8/10
    Actors: ???

*I choose not to look up the actors and directors for movies as I am simply giving my review of the movie and not trying to be Ebert and Roepert.

I found this movie pretty enjoyable. I never saw it in the theaters and heard only good things about it up until I saw it. It has the Club Dread type of plot where essentially the beginning of the movie is after all the events already took place, and the movie is about retelling how events came to be that way and piecing it together.

For this movie, four guys who do not know each other well at all take a road trip for their friend Doug's bachelor party. The movie essentially begins with 3 of the characters waking up with hangovers and finding out their friend Doug has disappeared the day before his wedding. Their hotel room is completely trashed and they even have a tiger in their bathroom. I won't give away any more scenes as to spoil the movie but there are guest appearances from Heather Graham, Mike Tyson, and a couple other famous faces.

I found this movie to be pretty much mainstream comedy with some cliches but the fact I didn't know any of the main characters made me prefer it over something like Wedding Crashers. I wouldn't consider it an essential part to a movie collection but it's definitely worth renting and I have no problems seeing it again if I were asked to.

2. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

Heh, good review. You didn't blow too much smoke up the films arse like everybody around the time of it's cinematic release. You called it as it is, a good film- but nothing groundbreaking.

Nice little read that one, good job

3. weedlover714

weedlover714 Banned

I didn't think this movie was as funny as most people made it seem to be.

4. Shale

Shale ~

I just got thru watching this on DVD. I didn't bother seeing it in theater because it just didn't have that kind of appeal for me. But so many ppl went on how funny it was, I decided to see it.

Thank goodness for fast forward. I shaved several minutes off this movie and got on with my life quicker.

I think it is the whole type of movie that I don't care for. Didn't like The Wedding Crashers or Hot Tub Time Machine either.

I have never had irresponsible, conniving, foolhardy male friends that would suck me into such fiascos, so I just can't relate to the whole premise. Never threw or attended a bachelor party - my generation didn't make a big deal of formal weddings - we shacked up.

Not that I was never a young man, got blackout drunk, did stupid things that only for good fate I am here today, but I didn't do the whole male bonding pack type behavior.

So, there are just movies to which I cannot relate and therefore are more painful to watch than funny. But, I'm sure there is an audience for this movie - just I'm not in it.

5. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

I wasn't very fond of this movie either.

A lot of friends of mine sat around talking about how funny it was, and when I finally went and saw it in the theatre with them, I was left sitting there watching the credits (along with the primarily not-funny pictures) thinking "....really....???"

6. stacy lulu

stacy lulu yeeeaah buddy

i love this movie. my favorite part is when they wake up sooo hungover lol funniest shit. "Uh wheres my tooth?"

7. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

who seen the hangover 3? me and my cousin have not seen it yet, any good? I thought this is the end was funnier