The Gradual Abolition of Meat...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jimbee68, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I don't know if I've ever shared this one with you all. But I support the general abolition of meat. I, like many, agree that meat is immoral. And unhealthy. And disgusting (for God's sakes, you're eating something that was just crawling on the ground moments earlier). But I think total, and immediate, is untenable.

Gradual abolition is more likely. And it makes more sense to me.

Anyone else agree with me? And particularly, with my logic? :)

walkoflife likes this.
  2. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

What is unhealthy about free range meat?

3. wrat1

wrat1 Members

very simply NO

4. roadhogg

roadhogg Senior Member

i agree ,although convincing the muslims is another matter ,whos holy book says that god put animals on earth for humans to consume

5. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

Nope. Not true. Vitamin B12, impossible to get from plants and fruits only-diet. Only known natural sources are meat, dairy and eggs. If you become deficient, you'll become anemic, and in severe cases you'll develop conditions like reduced heart function, and neurological issues like psychosis and weakening of eye sight.

To speak nothing of feeding animals. There are no vegan carnivores. Those pet cats and zoo lions must be fed with their natural diets, that is, 100% meat.

I'm sorry, bro, but meat isn't going away. Biology won't bend over backwards to cater to our unique political ideals.

wrat1 and Captain Scarlet like this.
  6. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I don't have the cite (but just ask—or you can look ot up yourself :) ). But Vitamin B-12 can be easily synthesized (a fact I already knew, BTW).

But to your larger statement, no, I strongly disagree. Humans can always be more than the sum of our parts, admittedly unlike the so-called lower animals. We're all selfish, homicidal, wife-beating, patriarchal, slave-owning beings by nature. But I like to think we can always progress, and usually do. I read the news, like the rest of you. But there always is something that comes along, and reäffirms my faith in humanity.

Think about it.

7. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

And my Cask Ale of course :)

"People also ask
    Is beer rich in vitamin B12?
    Beer raises your levels of vitamin B Beer is particularly rich in group B vitamins (B1, B2, B6 and B12)."

upload_2022-8-16_3-4-30.jpeg

Piney likes this.
  8. Bilby

1.Many people do voluntary work.
    2. We all get mad, just don't hold on to your anger.
    3. I never had a wife.
    4. Never owned slaves. Buying chocolate is another topic.

wrat1 likes this.
  9. Bilby

I have gout , so I must not drink beer.

10. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

I'm aware of this. But some people's bodies cannot absorb the synthetic stuff, and they risk becoming deficient. In general, I do not like the idea of centering my dietary habits around supplements. Meat is more than just B12 vitamin. It's iron. It's zinc. It's protein for your muscles, and collagen for your skin. Everything a growing boy needs. I've always felt that starving your body of essential nutrients is nuts. Not to mention, vegan diets have too much sugar and starch in them. From a health perspective it doesn't make sense to restrict yourself like this.

This would be a problem for a non-drinking straight edge such as myself. Why drink for my B12 needs, when I can just eat meat?

wrat1 likes this.
  11. Captain Scarlet

I was just adding a bit of humour :)

wrat1 likes this.
  12. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Muslims desist from eating pig flesh or pork which is considered Haram, and hence Islam is a source of solace for pigs. Pigs are considered by scientists to have intelligence superior to dogs and even three year old human children. I am afraid however that this superior intelligence increases their sensitivity to pain and suffering.

Also vegetarianism is increasing amongst muslims as well world-wide due to focus on a healthier lifestyle and longevity.

Is Vegetarianism Un-Islamic? - Animals in Islam

13. JPN2

JPN2 Supporters HipForums Supporter

Do you know what a vegetarian or vegan is called in the wild? Dinner.

14. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

15. JPN2

Lions are predators, they want to hunt.
    Trying to force nature to support thier beliefs. Little Tyke died of viral pneumonia. Most likely it's immune system was weakened.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
  16. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

I don't know about that, but I do know that non-vegetarian human beings faces the highest risk of cardio-vascular diseases and cancer which are the two leading causes of death in the world. Vegetarian diet reduces heart disease death risk by 40 percent as per research. Evidence from large cohort studies has indicated that vegetarians may have a lower risk of developing all types of cancer compared to regular meat-eaters.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...-says-oxford-research/photostory/90081528.cms

New study finds lower risks of cancer for vegetarians, pescatarians and low meat-eaters — Nuffield Department of Population Health

Plant‐Based Diets Are Associated With a Lower Risk of Incident Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiovascular Disease Mortality, and All‐Cause Mortality in a General Population of Middle‐Aged Adults

Vegetarian diet reduces heart disease death risk by 40 percent

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
    marcco likes this.
  17. JPN2

I will eat what I want and damn anyone who says I can't.

Vladimir Illich likes this.
  18. wrat1

wrat1 Members

why is it that vegans/vegetarians always want to push their agenda onto others? and why do so many "meatless" products try to mimic meat?

Tishomingo, Bilby and Captain Scarlet like this.
  19. Captain Scarlet

A lot more people are flexing these days and I flex as well .Many are also former meat eaters like me again .I for one do like a burger looking like a burger . Meatless products is also a big market and need to appeal .
    Just my view for what its worth.

20. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm with you all the way matey !!!