The GOP is finished?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Trump does have a life and he does have other things he can do. he wont be committing a putsch.

2. sherman march

sherman march Members

I will believe this when I actually live to see it. I remember 1964 when Goldwater lost in a historic landslide to Johnson. I think Goldwater won only 5 states and the pundits of that time all said the Republicans were finished. Then 4 years later Republican Nixon was elected. I remember 1972 when Democrat McGovern won only Massachusetts and the District of Colombia. Nixon won in an even greater landslide than Johnson won in 1964. All the pundits of that time said the Democrat party might fade away after suffering such a historic collapse. Then just 4 years later in 1976 Democrat Jimmy Carter won the presidential election. I could give about 2 or 3 more examples but the point is made. People who predict the collapse of a political party are inevitably wrong. And the party whose death they predict almost always bounces back in the very next election.

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

There has been talk of her running for president one day. After Eric of course but to prove that the GOP is not sexist like it's not racist.

[​IMG]

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  4. pineapple08

pineapple08 Members

How so?