The General Election

Discussion in 'U.K. Politics' started by Balbus, Nov 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

James

LOL - but I notice you still cannot explain in any rational way why we should be positive.

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Lolz

3. [​IMG]
    this thread has some salty people in it

4. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oi, where's the fish 'n chips and pickled onions ??? :wink::laughing::laughing::laughing:

SuzanneAU1977 likes this.
  5. NaturistJames

NaturistJames Members

I've told you many times but you just don't get it, so blinkered and ignorant

Lol

Mallyboppa likes this.
  6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

We will see in a few years how it benefited the UK (or what's left of it by then :p)

7. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

James

A lie

But LOL I’m game - where exactly have you explain in a rational and reasonable why we should be positive?

Oh and I’m not surprised that that other liar Mal likes your post, birds of a feather…

8. Asmodean

We can hardly blame the Brasilian voter though. The corruption under the left was so sickening they were legitly afraid of getting in a Venezuelan situation. I mean, its not that I dig the loud mouth Bolsonaro or that I think corruption will be diminished under him, but the situation was hopeless so they tried something different. Yes, just like in the US, they have serious lack of good options there too :(

Barros Serrano likes this.
  9. NaturistJames

NaturistJames Members

Control of our own laws
    Control of our own borders
    Control of our own finances
    The chance to trade freely with the rest of the world
    What's not to love

And why am I a liar exactly, no need to be horrible about another person's views. Nobody in this whole Brexit debate is right or wrong, we will not know until we give it a try.
    Yourself and the lovely Russian fella are being quite obnoxious about the whole thing, just chill bud

10. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

James

LOL - TO REPEAT - That is meaningless rhetoric – again have you any rationally based reasons for thinking Brexit will be good for the UK?

Look you claimed you had already given rational and reasonable reasons but as I’ve said you were lying about that, that’s not been horrible it’s just stating a fact.

I mean what control will we supposedly get that wasn’t there before?

We were able to trade with the rest of the world before any Brexit, Germany already exports more to China and India than we do. What are we going to suddenly manufacture, create and sell when we are not part of the EU that we are not doing now when in it?

I do you actually know what trading through WTO rules means?

11. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

As pointed out many times now this is not a rational argument

It’s like deciding to jump off a cliff with one person explaining that given the nature of gravity, the height of the cliff and the sharp rocks below that the chances of you getting hurt are high and another person saying all that doesn’t matter because you will not know until you give it a try.

12. NaturistJames

NaturistJames Members

Your opinion and my opinion, that's just how it is mate, jog on you're need to get a job or some kind of hobby I think, it's really not that deep. Whatever happens life goes on.

13. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Oh my poor James

LOL – yes, but I’m sure I’m not the only one that will have noticed you still can’t produce any rational and reasonable reasons for why Brexit would be good for the UK.

14. NaturistJames

NaturistJames Members

I don't understand why Britain being in control of its own future isn't rational, you've got a bit of a screw loose fella

15. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

James

Sorry this is so funny – honestly do you think just repeating control control control over an over is a rational argument?

Again it is just meaningless rhetoric if not backed up in any way – what control is the UK going to gain?

16. Asmodean

He stated control over what things. If you wanna know how and why he thinks that control is going to be better I would quote that post and ask him that way.

It does read like everyone including you here is simply repeating themselves, even if one actually gave some kind of answer you could use to get more specific. But that one seems ignored or overlooked.

I see many issues where it comes to complete control on fishing grounds in for example the North sea. Or on both legal and illegal immigrants (the UK never had complete control on either, nor is it primarily EU's fault that the UK had certain issues with polish or middle eastern ones).
    Also on importing goods they will not be in full or fuller control. The costs for checking goods at EU borders won't be neglectable. Can they trade more freely with non EU countries now? I'm not sure but certain big corporations have thanked for the risk and moved either production or headquarters (and sometimes both) to other countries.

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I"m sure when everything does get better 12 months after you leave the EU. Both of you will still find something to bitch about. And getting either of you to thank the Tories, will be like drawing blood from a stone

Mustard Tiger likes this.
  18. The whole idea of brexit is to get away from a continent's union.
    As they are still part of Europe they will now have plenty of strike action which just pisses everyone off all the time.

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

The UK has a GST of 20%, double ours. Its been going on for decades. They all dont get how much extra they have been paying for pretty much no reason

You said you are on a pension. Imagine going into woolworths, all of a sudden most of your weekly grocery bill was 10% dearer. But then you heard people trying to blame trade deals or not exiting a union for that

As for strikes, just google something like "strikes in france"....strikes have crippled that country. A couple years back for climate change tax on fuel. Currently because the government wants to introduce a universal pension system. They dont want to leave the EU, so it has nothing to do with anything external, no using a Frexit as a scapegoat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.