The General Election

Discussion in 'U.K. Politics' started by Balbus, Nov 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Well so far there is a lot of money and influence peddling going on in the UK to keep the Conservative party afloat in this election it has been one fuck up after another from them so far but you wouldn’t know that from the right wing press and the cowed BBC.

The Brexit Party has also been nobbled I mean first we had Farage screaming about Conservative party betrayal over Brexit and that Boris deal was NOT Brexit and they would put up candidates against them then it is rumoured that the Brexit backers (the mysterious sponsors of the party) told Farage et al to flip flop and he jumped to attention - now the Tories deal is all fine, acceptable and something to get behind so the candidates have been pulled in Tory areas (which was news to the BP candidates many of whom had already spent a lot of money)

The Tories have also refused to publish a report on Russian interference in UK politics until after the election and a police investigation into possible Boris corruption while London Mayor has also been put on hold until after the election. And there has also been one reported computer attack on the Labour Party by persons unknown.

Anyway I fear that this election will settle nothing - the Tory slogan is ‘Get Brexit Done’ but this isn’t a Brexit referendum this is a Party Political general election you cannot solve a problem over a single issue plebiscite that involved people from every political party with a multi issue party political vote.

Also that slogan again ‘Get Brexit Done’ – but the Tories even if they got into power will not get Brexit done – it will just be the beginning of Brexit their withdrawal bill is the starting pistol on Brexit not the finishing line – if anyone wants to end Brexit they would be voting to revoke article 50 and remain part of the EU that would stop it cold.

2. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

You have a vote, cast it.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  3. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

The problem with this Election is that it will be 'all about Brexit'.
    If one looks at the (Labour) opposition, there is nothing that is 'inspirational' about the Party, nor has the charismatic enchantment of attraction to any of it's members.
    Other parties are either too small in numbers or equally lacking; with perhaps the exception of SNP MP Mhairi Black, of passionate and driven individuals that would make a difference to the status quo of mainstream mundane misery - where's 'V' when you need him???

Mysteron likes this.
  4. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

I agree with Wolf Angel's comments. The other parties are too weak and Jeremy Corbyn to me is just another Michael Foot . He is not thought of as being electable by many non Labour followers. Yes I have stated that I am not keen on Boris either but many people do prefer Boris to Jeremy. Its votes like mine who don't have any allegiance to any of the parties that are going to be key in the election.

The only party I can see that will benefit from the existing status quo is going to be the SNP . Their deal breaker to support any other party would be a Second Scotland Referendum. I can see this happening even though Nicola Sturgeon is being quite quiet at the moment well by her standards anyway .

I also agree that it will be about "Brexit" . The Tory policy is to leave ASAP . The Labour Policy as I understand it is for a second referendum with the will of the people being the way forward. However this will cause more delay and at end of the day many are sick to the back teeth of Brexit and just want quick end regardless of the consequencies and after math .

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  5. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

6. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  7. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

Labour has let you down
    This is going to be one of our big messages during this campaign
    [​IMG]

If you vote for Labour absolutely nothing changes.

If you want your community to be forgotten and your voice to be ignored, vote Labour.

If you want your kids to fail in school and schools not getting the money they were promised, vote Labour.

If you are happy for our hospitals to not have enough doctors and nurses, vote Labour.

If you want your mam’s bus pass taken away and our buses cut from service completely, vote Labour.

If you want council tax to keep going up and public services to keep going down, vote Labour.

If you want your vote to leave the European Union, dishonoured, disrespected, disregarded and utterly betrayed, vote Labour.

If you want more of the same that we’ve had for the last 20 years, then vote Labour.

Now, if you want change, if you want good jobs, great schools, a working NHS and politicians that put you first, vote for The Brexit Party.
    Because together, we can change politics for good.
    Please tell all of your friends why we CAN'T let Jeremy Corbyn be Prime Minister.

Make sure you are following us on on Facebook and Twitter because we are going to be making candidate announcements and releasing shareable videos.

Kind regards,
    Keith Barrow

Regional Organiser for Wales

wilsjane likes this.
  8. Haha! Just laughing at the properganda that is being used by some people in here.
    You either want Brexit or you want that party to go fuck themselves.

9. Vladimir Illich

The plausibility of denial:

Johnson has denied offering seats in the Lords to any Brexit Candidate who stands aside in favour of a scumbag 'nasty party' candidate. Whilst this may be true per se, we all know that members of his staff and in particular Dominic Cummings, were making such promises on Johnson's behalf. As employees of the Prime Minister, by virtue of the law on vacarious liability, actions taken by his employees are deemed to be that of the employer - in this instance Johnson !!!

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2019/11/...s-to-say-whether-any-of-his-children-are-cur/

10. Boozercruiser

Spot on Suzanne.

I really do want Brexit and I also want Marxist Jeremy Corbyn and Labour and Lib Dems and Greens to go fuck themselves good and proper.
    Mind you.
    If the early election moves by them are anything to go by, they really are fucking themselves good and proper already! :laughing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. WOLF ANGEL

I'm still waiting to see my candidates for the election be seen, heard, and do - bar one
    Despite not being elected on three occasions, the GREEN candidate, is active in local campaigns, communitive in mailshot doorstep delivery on recycled paper and consistent in their reliability upon attendance at any community meetings.
    Living within an area that is overwhelmingly RED, then I feel that at least one person is showing Conviction and Conscience, - sadly however, for all the good he does, it will be lost on the masses of electorate indoctrinated with blinkered vision and ignorance of the bigger issues - Still, keep the faith, there is always hope, - with the next generation of youth, the wheel will turn :)

12. WOLF ANGEL

/\ ….. Just to prove a point, he's just dropped another post -asking for views on issues and telling of his next organised (litter picking) event.
    The proof is the pudding, Action not just Talk

13. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

I think it shows how right wing this country is that the Tories are ten points ahead in the polls with a lying hard-right bastard like Johnson at the helm. Corbyn is offering proper NHS funding, workers' rights, an effective re-nationalised railway etc yet people aren't getting behind him. It's like turkeys voting for Christmas.

14. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Going to vote Green I reckon

15. WOLF ANGEL

In the end a vote with one's conscience is the best / only choice

16. Vladimir Illich

You seem to have forgotten the re-nationalisation of BT and 'free' web access !!!

17. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I don't care what Corbyn says Labour is offering. I don't like him, or trust him, and I wouldn't vote Labour because of him.

18. WOLF ANGEL

Is Corbyn your local MP Driftrue? or are they just like JC??

19. Boozercruiser

I won't forget any of that Nationalise everything Labour shite.
    Along with all the other shite spending scheme's Labour already has as previously mentioned.

100 BILLION POUNDS COST UP TO NOW.
    And still counting!

Wanting to put the Country in hock.
    Again!

Turkeys?
    Chickens?
    Christmas?

Corbyn is heading for a right royal Christmas stuffing! :laughing:

20. WOLF ANGEL

The Re-Nationalisation pledge is nothing new (Trains and public services before them) with Free access to Broadband impractical both physically and financially.
    What would be more credible, would be for Free upgraded Internet access within Public Libraries - with a nominal charge to be paid after a reasonable time i.e. £1.00 / hour after 2 hours of Free time (monies going directly back to the library which will assist their funding) - IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.